2024 Paris Olympic Games

• This qualification mechanism is however absurd...

We are suffering from another avalanche of completely useless matches, which only serve to make the athletes tired after an extremely tiring summer as always...

We should really learn from basketball, where the placings in the world and European competitions count as qualification and leave these tournaments to the teams that have not achieved the necessary results...

Of course it's absurd. Italy is the men's world champion and should have a certain advancement to the Olympic Games, instead of going to Brazil and playing another 7 matches against difficult rivals, just a dozen or so days after the long and difficult European Championship. Russia, on the other hand, shouldn`t be promoted for free even though it has played no matches since 2021? I have an idea, let Russia go to Brazil now and will get a promoteg and Italy will take a break and move up the rankings.

• How about if we did this, increase the number of teams in the Olympics from 12 to 14,

12 teams will come from the OQs now going on plus the ranking teams after VNL next year, ie, follow the current plan. Have another competition involving Russia and 5 remaining top ranked teams which couldn’t qualify from the abovementioned pathway...play a round robin. Top 2 teams join the earlier 12 to make 14 teams. :/

• How about if we did this, increase the number of teams in the Olympics from 12 to 14,

12 teams will come from the OQs now going on plus the ranking teams after VNL next year, ie, follow the current plan. Have another competition involving Russia and 5 remaining top ranked teams which couldn’t qualify from the abovementioned pathway...play a round robin. Top 2 teams join the earlier 12 to make 14 teams. :/

That would be fair solution. But its kinda impossible. This would add 40 more people in Olympic Village and will increase number of matches in shedule table.

• There is no information on this subject on Italian websites and blogs yet. I think Pasini will write something if this is true. Either way, it's better to get promoted now and have peace of mind, because there's going to be quite a row next year. It is crucial that Mazzanti is sent off, even if Italy advances.

• That would be fair solution. But its kinda impossible. This would add 40 more people in Olympic Village and will increase number of matches in shedule table.

Especially since there are other team sports and not only them, e.g. fencing, where qualifications have already started a long time ago. For now, athletes from Russia and Belarus are competing under neutral flags at the World Wrestling Championships in Belgrade.

• That would be fair solution. But its kinda impossible. This would add 40 more people in Olympic Village and will increase number of matches in shedule table.

yes, it’s hard to do... but at at least you think it’s a fair solution, thanks :lol:

I don’t know why we’re having this big discussion and how it started... maybe it’s because the OQs are having a rest day, if they hadn’t , we’ll be talking about the live action instead, lolss

• I think ITA vs POL vs USA is still up in the air BUT ITA is really playing well. I think they can go the distance with this group. Its just sad that Egonu might get Diouf'd out of the team.

We might be playing better than the European Championship, but we're still quite far from the level we need to snatch one of the two top places. At least we're building back a little bit of confidence.

One of the greatest OPPs to ever exist being left out of her national team is WILD to me.. if that happens I hope Paola never ever helps her country achieve something

It won't last for long, there's too much at stake and lot of the involved ones don't want to pay for what's going on. The first one to get sacked will be Mazzanti and they'll try to put all the blame back to him only, but I won't be surprised if other heads will roll.

• I hope that this will be the best possible option on the coaching bench + all the best players will return, not only Egonu but also de Gennaro, Fahr, Bosetti and even Chirichella. When Fahr returns, the main pair in the middle should be: Fahr + Danesi and Lubian/Christina on the bench. My minimum plan for this week is to win three matches with 3 points: Thailand, Colombia and Germany and also to fight as hard as I can against the USA and Poland. Such results should do comfort in the ranking even if they don`t advance now (assuming that there are no surprises in the other groups: SRB, CHN, TUR and BRA will advance).

• Q&A regarding the participation of athletes with a Russian or Belarusian passport in international competitions

https://olympics.com/ioc/news/…etes-from-these-countries. Article date Sep 13.

So sports/team competitions is definitely out of the picture, but Russian and Belarussian Individual athletes can still compete under a neutral flag.

• Maja has already set Tijana too much. Like why do you have to do it so much so early

• Maja sets to Uzelac and Stevanovic were a mess… also she actively avoided Busa, intentionally, even when it was best option to set her.

It’s painful to watch Mirkovic sometimes but I prefered our game with her last 2 matches then this, I mean distribution. I never believed I would say this but I also much prefer Mirkovic sets to position 4 then Maja’s tbh. It worked this time but we have 3 hard games in 3 days at the end, we can’t play this game unless we want VNL week 3 result.

And that 1 ace by Uzelac in the 1st set had Arina vibe to it with how much spin it had, especially when I saw it from front angle on replay. It’s too nad she still can’t have consistency with her serves.. she should ditch that front run throw and focus on vertical jump, same goes for Tijana.

• Maja sets to Uzelac and Stevanovic were a mess… also she actively avoided Busa, intentionally, even when it was best option to set her.

It’s painful to watch Mirkovic sometimes but I prefered our game with her last 2 matches then this, I mean distribution. I never believed I would say this but I also much prefer Mirkovic sets to position 4 then Maja’s tbh. It worked this time but we have 3 hard games in 3 days at the end, we can’t play this game unless we want VNL week 3 result.

And that 1 ace by Uzelac in the 1st set had Arina vibe to it with how much spin it had, especially when I saw it from front angle on replay. It’s too nad she still can’t have consistency with her serves.. she should ditch that front run throw and focus on vertical jump, same goes for Tijana.

maja is such good player to have but Drca should be starter. It’s so frustrating

• I don’t understand why maja acts like Busa is some useless player on offense. We have seen what she can do if she’s given a chance….