2024 Paris Olympic Games

• djokovic was very close friends with kobe and was devastated after his death but still went on to win australian open, professional sports is so intense that no one thinks anything other than their immediate goal during the match, if you can't do that and are distracted by off-court situations, then you're not an elite athlete anyway.

Wtf

• Wtf

well, djokovic was very close friends with kobe and was devastated after his death but still went on to win australian open, professional sports is so intense that no one thinks anything other than their immediate goal during the match, if you can't do that and are distracted by off-court situations, then you're not an elite athlete anyway.

hope i could make it clear this time.

• well, djokovic was very close friends with kobe and was devastated after his death but still went on to win australian open, professional sports is so intense that no one thinks anything other than their immediate goal during the match, if you can't do that and are distracted by off-court situations, then you're not an elite athlete anyway.

hope i could make it clear this time.

Uhm.

Just no.

Not being emotionally affected by a sudden death of your colleague/friend/former player isn't a benchmark for being an elite athlete. Kudos to Djokovic tho, I guess.

I don't think Brazil is good enough now to compete with Turkey - but it's clear that it's completely irrelevant under these circumstances.

Feel sorry for all Brazilian players and fans.

• not being emotionally affected and not letting your "performance" being affected are two very different things. trust me, if brazil won this one, all of the players and possibly fans would be like "hell yeah, we won it for walewska", so there's no need to downplay your opponent's efforts.

• well damn we might as well cancel our program then and send them all home if that’s the case.

I strongly beleive you are over reacting a bit. Serbia has one of the best VB programms around the world, at least in the top 5. In the last decade, your has won multiple ECH, as well other medals and you are the current WCH two-time champions. Despite of a reducd population, Serbia has accomplished and achieved way more than many other teams with more resources €, investments, help grom the gov, etc, etc. But it is sports, it is impossible to be always in the top. We can se how Brazil is struggling nowaadays, as well as China, when they have been Olympic champions/medalists in the recent past. It happened to Russia too. Look how much time Italy took in order to come back to the top-top. Sure, it bothers when u are in the top and then u fall some steps down. But this is life. (of course, for neutral fans, let's hope any team repeat the Cuba story. They are deeply missed).

• I find this post really disrespectful, especially today when one of their friends passed away. You might be joking but let's not do that today

Let's chill a bit.

You are the one who need to chill before preaching others.

Turkish girls on court today showed lots of respect and noone screamed/did aforente.

As it mentioned, this is professional sports and if you say that Brazil wouldn't lose if they weren't sad, you are delusional to not see the quality gap was on the court today.

• Belgium starting without Martin and Japan without Airi makes me feel less bad about not being able to watch the match, I love seeing those two :heart:

I guess Japan will easily win, however Belgium is great in defending when they have a good day so hopefully there will be many great rallies!

• You are the one who need to chill before preaching others.

Turkish girls on court today showed lots of respect and noone screamed/did aforente.

As it mentioned, this is professional sports and if you say that Brazil wouldn't lose if they weren't sad, you are delusional to not see the quality gap was on the court today.

Sure mate, you do you.

• djokovic was very close friends with kobe and was devastated after his death but still went on to win australian open, professional sports is so intense that no one thinks anything other than their immediate goal during the match, if you can't do that and are distracted by off-court situations, then you're not an elite athlete anyway.

Damn, I guess boskovic and egonu are not elite athletes then.

• I strongly beleive you are over reacting a bit. Serbia has one of the best VB programms around the world, at least in the top 5. In the last decade, your has won multiple ECH, as well other medals and you are the current WCH two-time champions. Despite of a reducd population, Serbia has accomplished and achieved way more than many other teams with more resources €, investments, help grom the gov, etc, etc. But it is sports, it is impossible to be always in the top. We can se how Brazil is struggling nowaadays, as well as China, when they have been Olympic champions/medalists in the recent past. It happened to Russia too. Look how much time Italy took in order to come back to the top-top. Sure, it bothers when u are in the top and then u fall some steps down. But this is life. (of course, for neutral fans, let's hope any team repeat the Cuba story. They are deeply missed).

Its not that dramatic :)

Only problem is Guideti and Maja.

Guidetti who want to make his own mark in this team and change something from Santarelli team, no matter the price.

And Maja with her ego, she want to be star of the team that its not hers anymore. Her team was retired in 2021 basically. She still think is 2018.

• I strongly beleive you are over reacting a bit. Serbia has one of the best VB programms around the world, at least in the top 5. In the last decade, your has won multiple ECH, as well other medals and you are the current WCH two-time champions. Despite of a reducd population, Serbia has accomplished and achieved way more than many other teams with more resources €, investments, help grom the gov, etc, etc. But it is sports, it is impossible to be always in the top. We can se how Brazil is struggling nowaadays, as well as China, when they have been Olympic champions/medalists in the recent past. It happened to Russia too. Look how much time Italy took in order to come back to the top-top. Sure, it bothers when u are in the top and then u fall some steps down. But this is life. (of course, for neutral fans, let's hope any team repeat the Cuba story. They are deeply missed).

I believe what Madden54 meant to say is that haters here would often say it’s just a miracle and luck when Serbia wins something, not acknowledging we’ve won back to back world champion and are dominant for more then 10 years now. Commenting on general level of our players in degrading sense has become norm for such people here.. “Busa is bad OH, she can sometimes have an average game” “Stevanovic is below average, she made blocks on OOS balls only” “Pusic is nobody, she just had solid 1 month in a team last year when Serbia won” etc etc..

Forcing the narative of “your players are bad/average but they just sometimes have a good day” or “boskovic carries the whole team od nobodies” is disrespectful considering how much succes we’ve had in every tournament we played seriously. And I mean disresepctful towards our players.. But we’ve got used to it from such people I guess.

• Is it correct? I feel like Bard makes up a lot of numbers even if it's somewhat correct about the subject its getting at