2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Julia B was simply born in Germany but came to Brazil at a really really young age. She is Brazilian with a German passaport. I've never noticed any kind of accent, maybe she got it after living a few years in the US. Some people get that, it's normal. It's definitely not a German accent.

• Julia B was simply born in Germany but came to Brazil at a really really young age. She is Brazilian with a German passaport. I've never noticed any kind of accent, maybe she got it after living a few years in the US. Some people get that, it's normal. It's definitely not a German accent.

oh. that's why I thought the name sounds German.

• oh. that's why I thought the name sounds German.

This is what wikipedia says:

''Júlia Isabelle Bergmann was born and raised in Munich, Germany to a Brazilian mother and German father.[2] She and her family moved to Brusque, Brazil in 2011 when she was in the fourth grade. She has said her parents decided to move the family to Brazil so her and her brother could experience another country with a different culture, learn the language, and learn how to adapt with different people.[2] She is fluent in German, Portuguese, and English, and speaks some French and Spanish.[3]''

So basically she is both Brazillian and German it seems. She came to Brazil at like 9 yo though, very young. I have seen a few more Brazillians with German surname, so not sure if that could be the case as well.

• This is what wikipedia says:

''Júlia Isabelle Bergmann was born and raised in Munich, Germany to a Brazilian mother and German father.[2] She and her family moved to Brusque, Brazil in 2011 when she was in the fourth grade. She has said her parents decided to move the family to Brazil so her and her brother could experience another country with a different culture, learn the language, and learn how to adapt with different people.[2] She is fluent in German, Portuguese, and English, and speaks some French and Spanish.[3]''

So basically she is both Brazillian and German it seems. She came to Brazil at like 9 yo though, very young. I have seen a few more Brazillians with German surname, so not sure if that could be the case as well.

Mari Steinbrecher is the first one that comes to mind if I got my facts straight.

• I’m not surprised by Gray performance. I still remember that match when Busto beat Vakifbank last season. Gray was monster. Her and Poulter connection was just joy to watch, She is working great with fast sets.
    She was one of the best OHs last two season in Seria A.

She doesn’t have great reception but She is more stabile than She was before.

• no. we need excitement. they have to lose this year. not Brazil either. it has to be someone other than those two :woohoo:

Give us one of the Asian teams :whistle:

• I’m not surprised by Gray performance. I still remember that match when Busto beat Vakifbank last season. Gray was monster. Her and Poulter connection was just joy to watch, She is working great with fast sets.
    She was one of the best OHs last two season in Seria A.

She doesn’t have great reception but She is more stabile than She was before.

at least she'll have imoco's system next season.

poulter and ebrar is going to be a hot mess.

• i have a big and strong strong feeling about VNL being Asian this year :box:

Casting an anti-jinxing spell now :serve:

• This next match will prove if Thailand's new generation can really overtake Korea's (new generation too) position in Asia volleyball

Korea without the twins, I don't doubt it at all (and I'm sure no one else does:cheesy:)

Especially with how both teams have been playing this entire VNL.

Looking forward to actually seeing the Thailand vs Korea matchup

It's a pity both teams are lacking players from injuries though

• Thailand will demolish Korea