2022 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• People coming for Ebrar again because of other things than her actual behavior is exactly why I was rooting for her all this time. If getting away with screams just by being more acceptable appearing by societies (social or physical) standards is what this is, I'm out lmao. It is 2022, those all are nothing but constructs but still everyone is affected by it. I'll be the opposition though.

• Were there more teams playing combination volleyball back in the old days before everyone went big?

Japan and South Korea, especially during the 80s. Same as China. As it was pointed out, especially Asian teams. For non Asian teams, Peru (80s-90s, even with the Hybrid 6) and also Brazil.

I also remember Chinese-Taipei (Taiwan) during the WCH 2006. They were such a surprise during the pool phase (beating Japan and Poland with their super fast and combination, even more than Thailand now)! A pleasure to watch, but in the next round, they faded away :(

• Agree. I think she has a lot of potential and a lot of great moments, but still a bit rough at times. I want to see Tugba too.

Meh, not Tugba. She can come in as serve sub for Zehra, nothing more.

• People coming for Ebrar again because of other things than her actual behavior is exactly why I was rooting for her all this time. If getting away with screams just by being more acceptable appearing by societies (social or physical) standards is what this is, I'm out lmao. It is 2022, those all are nothing but constructs but still everyone is affected by it. I'll be the opposition though.

yeah fuck the haters

she brings good energy

• I think some of the things Ebrar do on the court is to crash opponent's soul and engage their mind in that. Not sure if people in pro level really are bothered with this but it looked ugly. If I were the referee, I would definitely go with a red card.

• Meh, not Tugba. She can come in as serve sub for Zehra, nothing more.

Agree, Ebrar is already on fire with her gestures, we don't need to increase bitchiness level of the team more 😂

• we'd all be killing each other if there is no "social construct." It's also in Turkiye audience where I saw the audience having fights in a volleyball game. that's not an acceptable behavior and if we normalize it and just accept it, it won't be good in the long run.

other than that, I like Ebrar being different (not her behavior) with her bold hair colors and jersey number. those are the kinds of "out of the norm" worth applauding and not disrespectful behavior.

• Agree, Ebrar is already on fire with her gestures, we don't need to increase bitchiness level of the team more 😂

Sis while we are at it we should. Go big or go home. Well they are already home I guess. Let's also bring Beyza as a serve sub with that crazy grunt serve she used to do a while ago. :lol: Maybe we can save it for next matches

• I also remember Chinese-Taipei (Taiwan) during the WCH 2006

Chinese-Taipei showed some promising players in the recent Asian U20 . would love to see another team rise up

• what disrespectful behavior has Ebrar done?

As far as I can see she didn't scream across the net, it's perfectly fine to scream at your teammates/into the crowd to celebrate.

If anyone can cite the scores where it happened, I'll be happy to check out the replays (and maybe change my opinion) when they are up.

• what disrespectful behavior has Ebrar done?

As far as I can see she didn't scream across the net, it's perfectly fine to scream at your teammates/into the crowd to celebrate.

If anyone can cite the scores where it happened, I'll be happy to check out the replays (and maybe change my opinion) when they are up.

She did scream at Thai blockers at one point and Cansu pulled her back quickly, I don't remember when. Not sure if it was intentional or just because of a rush of adrenaline though. Knowing Ebrar it was probably just the adrenaline... Just look at how fired up she was after

• Sis while we are at it we should. Go big or go home. Well they are already home I guess. Let's also bring Beyza as a serve sub with that crazy grunt serve she used to do a while ago. :lol: Maybe we can save it for next matches

Yeah that would one hell of gangsta team😂 by the way, previously Cansu was one of the players with over the top celebrations. It is nice to see that nowadays she is matured enough, she even calm her teammates down👏

• While de gennaro is setting like a setter, Simge does this🤦

• Ebrar’s behaviour is so hayseed… omg

Thailand is a team impossible to dislike and Ebrar is a player impossible to cheer for.