Japan Women's NT 2022

• Happy for BRA team and congratulations for the amazing game for Japan!

• Hope BRA team can Get a medal. This team really deserves.

• It's my fault. I had an appointment and couldn't watch the first two sets. I promised myself that if I tuned in and Japan were winning I would turn it off and let them win without me, for fear I would jinx them. I broke that promise. I'm sorry ;(

• Watching on my phone at work at the end of set 4 and set 5. Company has on site event today, so kind of had no option.

Yamada being a wall today.

losing a 2-0 lead not fun, and a reminder of 2010 semifinals.

Japan if facing Italy would probably still have lost in semifinals.

this will probably be the roster going forward minus a few adjustments

• this will probably be the roster going forward minus a few adjustments

I'm happy with Satomi but they need to add another libero. Miiku Iwasawa comes to mind :)

Sarina will re-visit her thoughts on retirement for sure. Captain wasn't right for her and she seems a great distance from the team

All the OHs besides the ones that actually played better buckle up

• It's my fault. I had an appointment and couldn't watch the first two sets. I promised myself that if I tuned in and Japan were winning I would turn it off and let them win without me, for fear I would jinx them. I broke that promise. I'm sorry ;(

Brazil returned the favor and put serve pressure from Sets 3 to end. It was a tough loss. Brazil is so dangerous when they gain momentum that is backed up by emotions, they are so unstoppable. Just so sad for our hinotori

• It was a close run for Japan ;( But they closed out their campaign in good spirit.

Now it's time to support the players in the V-League :)

• Not the ending they want but it’s a good run. They ended the NT season at 6th in the World Ranking from 9th after Tokyo. I am generally satisfied in how they performed this World Championships and will be looking forward how they will perform the next time.

Next year, there would be the Asian Championships, VNL and Olympic Qualifiers. AVC Cup might also happen since they said it will already be annual to get points. For now, I’m excited to watch them in the VLeague.

• AVC Cup might also happen

I believe it was announced the AVC Cup will be annual for NON-VNL teams. I remember thinking Japan's first ever victory had a bittersweet quality in that it would also be their last ... unless they get booted from VNL. I could be wrong

• I believe it was announced the AVC Cup will be annual for NON-VNL teams. I remember thinking Japan's first ever victory had a bittersweet quality in that it would also be their last ... unless they get booted from VNL. I could be wrong

There’s no outright mention that it is for Non VNL teams iirc but they did say it will double as a qualifying tournament for Challenger Cup. It is possible that they will have the highest ranked non VNL as qualified for that matter and still have the competition for everyone tbh, so I’m not sure :lol: