Germany NT 2022

• Anastasia Cekulaev started a vlog about her life as pro athlete, first episode is about the journey to Shreveport and the beginning of VNL:

Summary: life as pro athlete consists of waiting for the next flight or for the next meal :gone:

• Are there informations about the roster for the 2nd week of VNL? I just know that Sarah Straube joined the team after she finished her exams..

According to DVV's FB post it's the same roster as in 1st week. I suppose the team will go from Brazil directly to Canada, so probably no changes for week 3 either...

• Meanwhile Laura Emonts seems to be on vacation with her husband right now, so I guess it's safe to say she won't join the team anymore. Given Hippe's performance the few times she entered and Emonts' performance with Potsdam in the playoffs, I think Emonts could have been a much bigger help for the team even as OPP than Hippe :|

• Meanwhile Laura Emonts seems to be on vacation with her husband right now, so I guess it's safe to say she won't join the team anymore. Given Hippe's performance the few times she entered and Emonts' performance with Potsdam in the playoffs, I think Emonts could have been a much bigger help for the team even as OPP than Hippe :|

It is weird that finally she accepted to join to NT after so many years but she wasn't used at all

• Janiska is having a hard time with Heynen as Coach currently. No captain anymore and she also seems to be kicked out of the starting 6...

Her attack is just too weak, Alsmeier can provide a similar stability in reception and is much more dangerous at the net and she'll only get better with more experience. Still the team will always need Janiska as option, none of the other OHs are solid enough in reception and Bock hasn't exactly been convincing as backrow sub last week...

• Germany's only problem is Stigrot. She is just too week from right side. Heynen should try Vanjak or Hippe. She is OK against messy Holland but no chance against top teams.

• Will Drewniok come back for the world championships or will she not play at all this summer? And if she's planning to, do you think the German NT needs her?

She said she'll take a break during VNL and return afterwards. She won't be the solution for all our problems but she could be a bit helpful maybe, we will see. Right now I think Emonts could have a bigger impact, even as OPP...

• Btw. Lippmann played European Championship in Munich with Kira Walkenhorst with a Wildcard 🤣🤣🤣😂

Sorry for being so blunt: but what kind of nonsense is this? Other than the big names, I don't see any reason for a wildcard for either of them. Walkenhorst is coming back from her break last year and Lippmann has hardly played beach volleyball. You could have given the wildcard to other teams that deserved it more.

• Btw. Lippmann played European Championship in Munich with Kira Walkenhorst with a Wildcard 🤣🤣🤣😂

Is kozuch still playing beachvolleybal? It could be an interesting duo with lippmann

• Is kozuch still playing beachvolleybal? It could be an interesting duo with lippmann

Last year she took a longer break. Three weeks ago she reported back to her Instagram account and wrote about her sporting career. I think the last sentence is the most important sentence in this post: „Ob nun kämpferische Spielerin oder spielerische Kämpferin, auf dem Feld stehen möchte ich 'zukünftig' immer mit erfülltem Herzen.“ (english: „Whether it's a fighting player or a playful fighter, in the future I always want to be on the field with a full heart.“)

So, based on this post, I think it's safe to say that she hasn't finished her career and that she might want to attack again if her mental health allows. The only question is when she will return and if so, with whom as a partner.