2022 Men's Volleyball Nations League

• have to admit that this Iran team with this poor coach doesn't belong to VNL level.

I'm afraid that win against China will be Iran's last win in this competition. unless Brazil continues to play like today :lol: or Canada or Bulgaria do us a favor otherwise I can't see this Iran beating any other team

we miss some key players but those are career-ending injuries . who knows if those guys ever recover.

I think Iran is doing fine. Japan is a very strong team. They have been making progress.

• Just a reminder that China lost all 15 matches last time they participated.

2018:3-12,wins France, Argentina and Japan

2019:1-14,wins Bulgaria

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Japan and Nishida's mouth are indeed very overrated. Watch VBW not give a damn about this competition at all and continue milking Ran's whitepassing existence while he achieves nothing other than win 12 year olds hearts.

What is whitepassing?

• I would guess from the context someone who looks "white" (European/Caucasian)

It's truly said that Ran's mother might be a European woman.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Japan and Nishida's mouth are indeed very overrated. Watch VBW not give a damn about this competition at all and continue milking Ran's whitepassing existence while he achieves nothing other than win 12 year olds hearts.

I'm glad that you're so mad. I know people are jealous af when they don't get attention like the others. :drink::drink:

But.... Ran is actually part-white though..... imo the hype that team Japan gets is well deserved this year because of how much they've improved, they're pretty much the new kings of Asian volleyball after Marouf retired and Iran is in shambles. Still bitter that the hype for volleyball hasn't reached Italy who basically has everything (a competitive league, amazing national team prospects, and cute players lmao) or maybe even USA or Argentina.

• I don’t think it is well deserved at all. What have they done to deserve it? All volleyball world does on social media is promoting Japanese players and it is not like they won anything in Europe. That volleywood guy is a total disappointment.

• Ran played in a low level Italian team as a back up and they shared how many posts about him? Maybe 10 times more than Leon lol. It's just ridiculous. Same as Nishida. Only Ishikawa is an elite level player.

That volleywood guy should leave volleyball world social media accounts alone and should be the admin of spicy volley.

• Yeah, Japan has the greatest generation in their contemporary volleyball history - but the propaganda (considering Takahashi was a heavy backup in Padova, Ishikawa had average season in Mediolan and Vibo Valentia relegated because Nishida got injured) surrounding the team has been completely out of

'completely out of proportion' for quite some time now.

Iran was able to become a dangerous team with some frequent Final Six's appearances in VNL/regular wins over top teams for a while, let's wait first if Japan can repeat these results unless we call them kings of anything.

• Well from a marketing perspective Volleyballworld would be dumb if they wouldn't take some advantage from the Haikyuu hype. That is a great opportunity to attract some new volleyball fans. Although I agree that it's a bit too much across the social media channels

From a volleyball perspective, I like that Japan is different than most other teams. They show that they can come close to top level with shorter players, good technique/defense and tactics. I feel like it's less about hitting the ball as hard as possible to get a side out, which is exactly the reason I like to watch women's volleyball over men's

• Volleyball world just hypes everything that gives them likes and views. That is, east asian teams and their legion of followers: Japan men (riding on otakus who watch that one anime), Thai women, China women... even Philippines (!) gets shout outs from them occasionally despite their level is very low.