Eurovolley 2023

• Predictions, nice! Italy and Serbia are teams that know how to win finals, so they will always be a contender for the medals. Türkiye and Poland have been strong this season and are always playing with so much passion, in combination with their talent they are difficult to beat. Germany and NL are the outsiders, with good attack/block but I feel like they are missing something to actually make the step to the top teams this year. France, Sweden, Belgium and Ukraine for me are teams with high potential, this ECH might be too early for them to make it into semis (also because of the draw) but hopefully they will continue to show us some good volleyball these weeks!

Wishful medals:

Final: Türkiye - Poland (may the best team win)
    Bronze: NL - Germany (but probably Italy/Serbia)

• Ohman playing interesting Ravva style

• Wishful thinking and reality check: Serbia, Turkey, and Poland in any order (a Poland vs. Turkey final would be icing on the cake).

Personally, out of all the tournaments, Eurovolley is the one I care about the least.

• even less than my weekend tournaments where we don't keep score? great

If only I could be able to watch them..... but yassss:lol:

• Slovakia looked pretty solid, I guess they should reach 3rd place in their pool if they keep this up. OTOH I'm disappointed with Finland, they seemed on a good way in the last years but today their performance was really weak.

• Slovakia looked pretty solid, I guess they should reach 3rd place in their pool if they keep this up. OTOH I'm disappointed with Finland, they seemed on a good way in the last years but today their performance was really weak.

I will not overrate this win, still SVK had 4 experienced players in starting 6, Finland was also disappointing for me, to throw twice leading in first 2 sets

• It will be very intriguing to see how Anthouli, the 202 cm youngster who will play for Chieri this upcoming season, and her allies will be able to deal with Germany. However, I believe its over-optimistic to believe they will threathen Germany and snatch two sets from them. In case they take one set its impressive, imo.

Anthouli is very tall, but she isnt even remotely as athletic and fast as Antropova and might struggle immensely to score vs a defensively solid team as Germany.

• It is a pity to see such a beautiful venue almost empty :( I know, it is only a EST x SVK, but sometimes I think federations could do much more (if they are interested or care) in order to avoid this. In countries like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina or Peru, when they have hosted tournaments (from continental championships, youth or junior category), they find a way to at least fill the main seats, so it doesnt look so empty. They usually invite girls/boys from local vball academies, school (or the ones who are in summer camps), etc for free in order to cheer for the teams and make the atmosphere friendlier.

• It is a pity to see such a beautiful venue almost empty :( I know, it is only a EST x SVK, but sometimes I think federations could do much more (if they are interested or care) in order to avoid this. In countries like Mexico, Brazil, Argentina or Peru, when they have hosted tournaments (from continental championships, youth or junior category), they find a way to at least fill the main seats, so it doesnt look so empty. They usually invite girls/boys from local vball academies, school (or the ones who are in summer camps), etc for free in order to cheer for the teams and make the atmosphere friendlier.

I watched home games of some EU countries who participated in VNL where the audience seem to be only their immediate family members were present in the stands (I forgot if that's Belgium). I'm thinking.. dang, they can't even ask some friends to come over?