Eurovolley 2023

• I'm so proud of the girls:heart: Finally it feels like we won something! Thanks Koslowski for making it a team again^^ Everyone was saying Dutch team was lucky with the draw, but they showed they deserve to be here!:saint: We are third best of Europe!!!🥉:woohoo:

PS Plak crying breaks my hart;(

• Tears are welling up in Mazzanti's eyes. OMG. Italy has major issues to sort out. It doesn't bode well for their chances in IOQT just a few weeks away. :gone:

Congrats, Netherlands! Well-deserved win! :flower:

• Loool! Mazzanti got what he deserved, it gave me a weird satisfaction to see how he had to get Paola in, knowing this is his last chance and how desperate his face looked at the end.

Bravo to Paola for being such a strong woman! If I had the half the mobbing she had during this tournament, I would probably cry on the court at some point. She looked upset but still delivered.

It was a pleasant surprise to see how Pietrini played in this tournament, too bad others couldn't support her.

Also Antropova is so overrated and definitely nowhere near the top opposites of Europe. She choked bad when it mattered.

Congrats to the Netherlands! Van Aalen is such a delight to watch! I love especially her sets to zone 4, high but still fast which most setters cannot deliver. Too bad she will work with a "setter destroyer" next season, aka Guidetti.

• Massive congratulations to the Dutch girls, real pity that they lacked a bit of experience friday because they really could have made the final. I knew that today would have been a pure formality for them.

I've already said everything about us, just let me add that I feel desperately sorry for the girls. Not only they've been treated like cannon fodder (and they will be treated like that in the near future), but I'm sure they'll have to face the criticism of the usual clique. All of that when the main responsibles will keep their job without a single word will be said about them.

• On the bright side, Ned played a fantastic game. Van Aalen did amazing with the middles but at the same time keeping everyone in play. Her and Jasper are MVPs of this game

• Great result for the Dutch girls. Koslowski has been a good coach for a long time now and I think he definitely deserves credit here but in the end it’s the players that have to go on the court and win the points. Baijens and Jasper played better than I ever expected and once Van Aalen gets a little more experience (so important for a setter especially) she will be very special indeed.

• Congrats NL for winning this game, that was an important win. Honestly, I would not single out players that did well, Daalderop and Jasper were phenomenal today but it was a real team-effort which made it really fun to watch/root for NL. For individual awards however, definitely Indy Baijens should get something.

• Any ideas of Mazzanti winning titles with Egonu at the bench should end today. :gone: