Korean Women's NT 2022

• technically, the final olympic spots are decided after 2024 VNL group stage.

That's only if Asia is like Africa without any country winning the OQTs or ranking in Top 24, and if Korea ends up as the Top rank in Asia by then... no?

This timeline was posted in another thread:

Participants of Women's OQT in 2023 is decided by 17 Oct 2022 (end of WCHs) as per World Ranking

If Korea loses to Poland, Thailand and Croatia, they will definitely drop below Slovenia (#26) in rank, possibly Cameroon (#27) too - only if Cameroon were not also dropping in rank due to poor performance at WCHs too.

Winning a slot to the Olympics through Asia Championship Qualifiers is no longer an option due to the changed rules.

Once Korea drops to #27 or lower, they will definitely be out of the OQTs and out of Olympics as well.

Though there is still a chance they will remain at #26 (and qualify in Top 24 for OQTs due to France being hosts & Russia being out)

Qualifying for the OQTs will only lead to their rank dropping further - with this team and no significant change in players (there are no prominent upcoming high school players either)

Meanwhile, you have an injured Kang Sohwi flying to Japan with GS Caltex and playing a practice match with Hitachi Rivale without any issues

and an injured Lee Soyoung rowing competitively against her teammates in KGC (involving her shoulders & knees)

I've been dissing the Korean NT a lot lately, but its only because I'm sorely disappointed as a fan. I was really looking forward to the new generation, because I felt LJY could've led it along with LDY, Kang Sohwi, Lee Dahyun and Jung Jiyoon. I hoped for Heejin to be her 2019 NT self and for Hyojin to stay on the NT instead of retiring.

What the Thailand team is displaying now is the exact same growth I had hoped from Korea. In fact Korea originally had better young players than Thailand too in LJY.

• That's only if Asia is like Africa without any country winning the OQTs or ranking in Top 24, and if Korea ends up as the Top rank in Asia by then... no?

I mean the World ranking qualification pathway

Winning a slot to the Olympics through Asia Championship Qualifiers is no longer an option due to the changed rules.

Once Korea drops to #27 or lower, they will definitely be out of the OQTs and out of Olympics as well.

Though there is still a chance they will remain at #26 (and qualify in Top 24 for OQTs due to France being hosts & Russia being out)

In theory, Korea could win every game they play at VNL in 2023 and 2024 and get their world ranking high enough for the world ranking qualification pathway. It is very very unlikely to happen (we can even straight up say "it's not happening" as fans), but still theoretically possible and contracts have to honor that.

Meanwhile, you have an injured Kang Sohwi flying to Japan with GS Caltex and playing a practice match with Hitachi Rivale without any issues

and an injured Lee Soyoung rowing competitively against her teammates in KGC (involving her shoulders & knees)

any backlash from fans?

• In theory, Korea could win every game they play at VNL in 2023 and 2024 and get their world ranking high enough for the world ranking qualification pathway.

any backlash from fans?

What a.... theory indeed :cheesy:

There's obviously no backlash:gone: even the NT isn't receiving backlash but are being defended by their fans with excuses - esp using Cesar

These players' fans seem happier that they aren't on the sinking ship that is the NT. KYK fans are also using the NTs current downfall as another way to raise KYK's status.

Which is not false considering her role on the team, but completely ignoring how Yang Hyojin, Kim Suji, LJY, LDY, Kim Haeran, are all out of the NT at the same time too

Only a very small minority of fans have questioned it.

• She used to criticise players who missed the NT due to injuries (unlike now, those were genuinely serious injuries) openly to the media, but she said absolutely nothing this cycle. She even posted showing that she's she's supporting the NT recently.

Not to be that type of fan, but if only KYK criticised the current "injured" players like the way she did to LJY before when she missed NT due to injuries - hard carrying PS. She has a huge influence on K-volleyball. The players really need some open criticism right now. The fans' way of supporting them like an idol is not even helping.

• Not to be that type of fan, but if only KYK criticised the current "injured" players like the way she did to LJY before when she missed NT due to injuries - hard carrying PS. She has a huge influence on K-volleyball. The players really need some open criticism right now. The fans' way of supporting them like an idol is not even helping.

I don't think it would be a good idea for her to keep criticizing the NT over and over again. It would reflect badly on her at some point. People are well aware of how bad the situation is with the NT regardless of how some hardcore fans treat their faves. The whole idol treatment is a prevalent thing within Asian teams. It's more of a cultural thing.

• It would reflect badly on her at some point. People are well aware of how bad the situation is with the NT regardless of how some hardcore fans treat their faves. The whole idol treatment is a prevalent thing within Asian teams. It's more of a cultural thing.

It won't ever reflect badly on her

She's the Queen of Korean vball, only the old director of Pink Spiders dared to go 'against' her (as she is contractually tied to them without a choice)

Her sway is so huge that she got a well respected senior in Korean volleyball as well as KVA fired just because of a few PR questions which was asked at the wrong timing

• I dont get why fans are so harsh towards Cesar, this team obviously lacks talent and I don't think even Guidetti could help this team🤦 there's not much a coach can do when the bunch of players he has are very limited

• I dont get why fans are so harsh towards Cesar, this team obviously lacks talent and I don't think even Guidetti could help this team🤦 there's not much a coach can do when the bunch of players he has are very limited

Are you perhaps referring to some fans outside this site? Coz I don't think a lot of Korean team fans here have a bad opinion of Cesar. Most people here, myself included, merely state the fact that Cesar can be used as a scapegoat for the failure of this current team. I think many fans here can see some of Cesar's merits. Although if we are being honest, if he is compared to recent Korean team coaches like Lee Jung Chul and even Lavarini, Cesar doesn't have that spitfire attitude that his predecessors possess (which may or may not have an effect on how players play).

Some people may also be honing on him more than they should because, 1. This is his first position as a coach of a team and 2. He is currently coaching a team that has lost 10 times consecutively on the international stage. These reasons alone would really put an easy target on his back from haters. I agree that time is needed to fully evaluate his capabilities, but the process is very painful even for the patient and persevering.

• Who do y'all think gets immunity treatment among the current girls thanks to the idol culture?

I also think the coach can only do so much whether he is good or not. Korea's case should be dealt straight through KOVO if you ask me. Heavy investments in the youth department (they have the money), inviting some old players back and some institutional changes in KOVO are some things that has to happen I think.

• Who do y'all think gets immunity treatment among the current girls thanks to the idol culture?

Definitely those that participated in Tokyo 2020 Olympics. I can see some people will still defend them. Even I would choose to keep them in the NT roster (maybe some more than others).

Definitely they need to start investing on new talents. As we can see even the youngsters just aren't too convincing in play. And KVA needs to keep the clubs in check as well.

I also think the coach can only do so much whether he is good or not. Korea's case should be dealt straight through KOVO if you ask me. Heavy investments in the youth department (they have the money), inviting some old players back and some institutional changes in KOVO are some things that has to happen I think.

Since you mentioned idol culture, it's funny how some actual idols have stricter eating requirements than the professional athletes

• 3 blocks in a row for Lee Juah

Korea might make it to OQTs after all, they just need to win Croatia to barely make the cut, a loss even 2-3 and they will be out

Minky is a good leader on defence, Juah and Dahyun are surprisingly leading well as the more experienced amongst the younger players

Finally see some desperation on Jeongah's face - I feel

• Hahahahahah what an article, I can't take this seriously:rolll:

The ridiculous-ness of this definitely seems like an effort to find an excuse/reason to oust him before Paris 2024 (his contract) and replace him with a Korean coach.

The parts of the article I can believe is true are him mocking the Korean doctor notes granting an excessively long period of break to players (one can request for a longer period at the doctors, likewise you can return before the period is over too)

And perhaps him being prideful and believing him & his trainers are the best since they come from Vakif's "best system"

For one of his trainers to miss the flight due to drinking the night before is really pretty unprofessional though

Just this photo & its caption shows how much of a reach this entire article is lmao