CEV Champions League 2023

• I'll be honest: I used to consider Santarelli a better tactician than Gio, but seeing how brilliantly the latter designed a countermeasure to something the former had no answer to...well, it makes me feel a bit better. :win:

And it really is a good, legitimate way to compare their prowess: both going against the hottest show on earth this spring, and seeing what they will come up with...it's best thing short of going against each other.

Gio is a phenomenal coach even Turkish NT fans didn't say the opposite. He will do a good job and prepare his team well. His main issue was about him making everything personal and holding a lot of grudges against players, he can get very negative too sometimes on court. If he doesn't in Serbia I don't see how he will hinder the team, ever. OSSRB is a better fit for someone with his personality type imo than TVF. TVF pampered him too much.

• Btw I'm pretty sure Fener holds some type of record for losing the most golden sets in critical CL matches in recent times if my memory serves me right 😂

• I'll be honest: I used to consider Santarelli a better tactician than Gio, but seeing how brilliantly the latter designed a countermeasure to something the former had no answer to...well, it makes me feel a bit better. :win:

And it really is a good, legitimate way to compare their prowess: both going against the hottest show on earth this spring, and seeing what they will come up with...it's best thing short of going against each other.

Actually Santarelli was right when he said that “had they taken the first set thinks could have been different”plus Kara played very well for VB where as Plummer wasn’t good as Kara

lucky for ecza the final is one match so Gio can’t make adjustments between matches lmao

• Congratulations for Vakifbank. Propably less people except that result:white: So "weak" Vakifbank once again will play in final CL. This team is amazing:flower:

• completely different positions and maja has never had the equivalent of scoring ONE point in a do or die match. Maja is still capable of great matches. I’m not sure Eda is

I disagree, I've watched almost all matches of eczacıbasi this season and Maja was bad in one third of them and maybe other one third she was just average. She still had good games showing that she still got it. But the decline in her performance is very similar to Eda. And eda's overall stats are still pretty good by the way

• Gio is a phenomenal coach even Turkish NT fans didn't say the opposite. He will do a good job and prepare his team well. His main issue was about him making everything personal and holding a lot of grudges against players, he can get very negative too sometimes on court. If he doesn't in Serbia I don't see how he will hinder the team, ever. OSSRB is a better fit for someone with his personality type imo than TVF. TVF pampered him too much.

Definitely agree with this. I think Noone questions his mastermind. He is a great tactician. It is just his personality conflicts and big ego

I’d say Santarelli is better at preparing plan A and Guidetti is better at preparing plan B

• Just rewatched the match. I wonder why Fenerbahce did nothing to adjust to those short serves from Vakifbank. It ruined a lot of their momentum.

It's an odd phenom. Do you remember when that anger management poster boy from Brazil coached Saitama in Japan? He destroyed teams with lollipop serving --for the whole match :!: Opposing teams never adjusted to it. I think they thought "Well, that'll be the last one of those. I'm not going to move up and get walloped". MBs would have 20 service receptions :lol:

• It's an odd phenom. Do you remember when that anger management poster boy from Brazil coached Saitama in Japan? He destroyed teams with lollipop serving --for the whole match :!: Opposing teams never adjusted to it. I think they thought "Well, that'll be the last one of those. I'm not going to move up and get walloped". MBs would have 20 service receptions :lol:

😂😂😂😂

It is kinda weird for me because the coach supposed to know how to adjust the team. Gabi said they were gonna do something different during the pre-game interview, I guess that was it. And the rotation with Chiaka serving first was really brave but amazing. Guidetti has balls.