Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• Arisa is close with a lot of women in her gen (except Saori) just not as flashy with her friendships as Kano

Yeah, I think Arisa really had her heart set on creating a volleyball life in her home town more than whatever kind of the Maiko Kano is doing ... being a celebrity retired volleyball player? That's what makes what happened over there with the Sendai organization tragic to me

• Yeah, I think Arisa really had her heart set on creating a volleyball life in her home town more than whatever kind of the Maiko Kano is doing ... being a celebrity retired volleyball player? That's what makes what happened over there with the Sendai organization tragic to me

I think it's great that she's an ambassador. I don't know much about Sendai culture but in one of her stories she said it's one of those prefectures that are the most sports-oriented.

• Yeah, I think Arisa really had her heart set on creating a volleyball life in her home town more than whatever kind of the Maiko Kano is doing ... being a celebrity retired volleyball player? That's what makes what happened over there with the Sendai organization tragic to me

Multi-tasking as both coach and player in a small team without a stable footing while doing PR for their prefecture was the wrong move for her. There's a reason that's not a thing. She made it a one-woman team where she had to do almost everything with very little acknowledgement from the volleyball field.

• Multi-tasking as both coach and player in a small team without a stable footing while doing PR for their prefecture was the wrong move for her. There's a reason that's not a thing. She made it a one-woman team where she had to do almost everything with very little acknowledgement from the volleyball field.

Disagree. Sato was already on the path to retirement. She wouldn't gain anything else from Hitachi if she retired there. V1 gives you exposure as long as you're active as a player but once you retire you're as good as a nobody. Her NT reputation means she has some influence which she used in order to establish a volleyball team based in Sendai plus it also secured her a different career path now that she's retired. That makes her *gasp* a contributing member of society.

She's no longer with the NT so it's only normal for her not to receive as high of an exposure as those who retire after the Olympics like Ishii for example and liberos hardly ever get the proper acknowledgement they deserve. Sano and Takeshita didn't even get a press conference when they retired but Ebata had 2 days of presscon despite not being active for 2-3 years. 1 for PFU and 2 for her Sports Biz signing

• wait arisa sato does fansigns and fanmeets in local gyms. they even give her first class wagyu beef from their mayor or whoever that is. she's living her best life

• I think what Arisa did was the right move for her because ... I assume ... it's what she wanted to do. Her mistake was not getting her S1 Coaching license. Maybe because she was stretched too thin? But the Org wouldn't have been able to use that as an excuse if she had gotten it. Maybe there were other tensions with her. Maybe she's bossy. Who knows?

I'm surprised the Org didn't think her reputation was worthy enough to try and continue working with her. Maybe they did and she didn't want to be just a player

• wait arisa sato does fansigns and fanmeets in local gyms. they even give her first class wagyu beef from their mayor or whoever that is. she's living her best life

Those are the members from her volleyball camp. In every volleyball camp, they also do fansigns. Sakoda does that a lot literally everywhere not just in her hometown. Every Mizuno hosted camp she's involved in she does fansigns. The participating schools in the camp gifts her with an abundance of vegetables bigger than Kitamado's head.

• bigger than Kitamado's head

:rolll::rolll::rolll:

oh man

• Bigger than what... is this an inside joke I can't lmao

Ayane Kitamado (SAGA) joined Nichika Yamada to form the Babyhead Team (big players with small heads). The opposite of Riho Otake' Big head Team

• Arisa is close with a lot of women in her gen (except Saori) just not as flashy with her friendships as Kano

Arisa basically was the left out libero. She was ok, because NT tried a number of libero after Sano with Manabe. Also with many of the successful generation (10-12) retiring, she was in the malaise of the 14-16 NT window.

She then went down the crazy path of player-coach with her hometown team.

She was completely overstretched and underpaid and pretty much saved Ligare’s franchise because they would not pay “top dollar” for a coach.

If she did get the S1 coaching license, maybe she is still coach, but really she should have been made into a VP position of marketing within the team. Well liked in the city which is always a positive when trying to drum up support.

• What's wrong with Fukazawa? is she not well? I feel like any time there's a tournament happening she quits by day 2. It's becoming a pattern. Her appearance has been extremely erratic ever since she went to Saga. There must be something wrong with her because she's not even playing terribly but there is definitely something off about her.

• What's wrong with Fukazawa? is she not well? I feel like any time there's a tournament happening she quits by day 2. It's becoming a pattern. Her appearance has been extremely erratic ever since she went to Saga. There must be something wrong with her because she's not even playing terribly but there is definitely something off about her.

Fukazawa has knee problems. It's very unfortunate since she is a good attacker.

Fukazawa played 18 regular round matches (59 sets) this season, scoring 206 points. While playing a part in the side attack from the beginning of the season, she left the court after the Fukuoka tournament on January 22. The discomfort in her knee that she had been suffering from since the middle of the season gradually turned into pain, and she found it difficult to run, let alone jump.

https://nishispo.nishinippon.co.jp/article/786058