Olympic Qualification Tournaments - Paris 2024

• CBV needs to wake up asap. The youth program hasn’t been doing good in years.

• World Ranking/Qualifying after BRA-GER

Listing who can still play in 2024 to qualify on points

Let alone pool standings

1. POL (CEV best) 2024 VNL, Pool C 1st

2. USA (NORCECA best) 2024 VNL, Pool B 1st

3. ITA 2024 VNL, Pool A 1st

4. BRA (South America best) 2024 VNL

5. JPN (Asia best) 2024 VNL

6. ARG 2024 VNL

7. SLO 2024 VNL, Pool B 2nd

8. FRA (Olympic Host)

9. SRB 2024 VNL

—— Projected Cut Line ——

10. NED 2024 VNL

11. IRI 2024 VNL

12. GER 2024 VNL, Pool A 2nd

13. CUB 2024 VNL

14. CAN 2024 VNL

15. TUR 2024 VNL

16. UKR VOQ

17. QAT VOQ

18. BEL VOQ, Pool C 2nd

19. EGY (Africa best) VOQ

20. TUN VOQ

25. BUL 2024 VNL

• Renan has been in NT for years now and he is putting BRA NT in another level.

• When I think that we had Giba, Dante and Murilo…:sos:

Lukas Bergman as 4th OH was the best joke. Nothing against him (hoping for him to improve and help Brazil but he didn’t prove nothing to be here).

Adriano and Honorato without a point just showed that Renan knew that Bergman was not ready for this.

• I'm shocked. There is no better OH that these two?

IMO Brazil isn’t with a great pool of OH due to the lack of investment / support in Youth Program.

Taking Honorato wasn’t a really bad idea imo. He can be a good defensive OH in near future. He was really bad today but that’s ok imo.

But taking Honorato, Adriano (Who didn’t prove himself in International level yet) and Lukas Bergman ( a young guy with good fundaments but far from ready) was a huge mistake. Renan was counting just with Lucarelli.

Douglas Souza doesn’t accept invitation for NT and besides Lucarelli and Leal he is the only one ready for international level imo.

There is a lot of players who can play on the level of Honorato and Adriano.

But for sure Brazil has a lot of better options than Lukas Bergman.

• Lukas B is just a promising player. He isn’t even starter in his club. He was just a good player in youth category. Nothing more than that till now. Hope He improves with time but taking him right now with this difficult situation in OH2 position.

• Is this a record for an OH position of a senior team at the international level to score 0 point?

The team's tactic is also shockingly questionable: Honorato + Adriano duo were given 18 sets in total despite their poor attacking performance.

• what injury has he picked up that prevented him from doing the hybrid serves? Is there any report on his recovery?

I have said it many times but no one remember what I wrote!

Zhang Jing-yin was injured on his abdominal muscle.

You could think it is the same as Rafael Nadal's.

In 2018, after VNL, Zhang Jing-yin was injured before 2018 WCH.

https://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?…9032753&wfr=spider&for=pc

In January, 2023, the new injury happened in Round 2 of semifinals of Chinese League 22/23.

https://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?…3114290&wfr=spider&for=pc

His recovery is unknown. I know hardly media answered this question because Chinese male volleyball is "forgotten" for too long time.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Useless victory vs BEL, it had to be in 3 or 4. Now, I'm afraid only the win vs POL can keep the chances alive.

The team is still bad, reception is off, block defense is off, and good god again a shit ton of serves were missed (Lima alone 8). Thankfully BEL also missed a lot of them.

• World Ranking/Qualifying after ARG-BEL

Listing who can still play in 2024 to qualify on points

Let alone pool standings

1. POL (CEV best) 2024 VNL, Pool C 2nd

2. USA (NORCECA best) 2024 VNL, Pool B 2nd

3. ITA 2024 VNL, Pool A 1st

4. BRA (South America best) 2024 VNL

5. JPN (Asia best) 2024 VNL

6. ARG 2024 VNL, Pool C 1st

7. SLO 2024 VNL, Pool B 1st

8. FRA (Olympic Host)

9. SRB 2024 VNL

10. IRI 2024 VNL

—— Projected Cut Line ——
    11. NED 2024 VNL

12. GER 2024 VNL, Pool A 2nd

13. CUB 2024 VNL

14. CAN 2024 VNL

15. TUR 2024 VNL

16. UKR VOQ

17. QAT VOQ

18. BEL VOQ

19. EGY (Africa best) VOQ

20. TUN VOQ

22. BUL 2024 VNL

• Why do you say cut line after 10th? Cut line should be after 11th since France is already high in ranking

• Again a 0-3 for team NL, after a decent VNL and okay-ish + great match vs Italy at ECH, they are completely losing it and throwing away the good starting position they had from world ranking. I guess their bodies cannot handle three big events in one summer anymore, and unfortunately the squad is not so deep that they can give players a rest. I just hope they can find some new energy or talented players for next year's VNL to give it a shot. Although, if Germany and Belgium/Canada would qualify, the gap will be too big already anyways :gone:

• Why do you say cut line after 10th? Cut line should be after 11th since France is already high in ranking

counting from 11 with France as host is to start.

Egypt or Tunisia as best African teams will pull this to 10. Both teams are outside the top 11.

Yesterday with Belgium in one of the Top 2 positions in Pool C, and Germany in Pool A, the cut line was at 9th.

Germany and Belgium were both outside the cut line by getting direct qualification.