13. CAN 2024 VNL

14. IRI 2024 VNL

15. TUR 2024 VNL

17. BEL VOQ, Pool C 2nd

18. EGY (Africa best) VOQ

21. BUL 2024 VNL

22. TUN VOQ

• Japan gets the job done.

Team brings out their former setters’ Jersey with them afterwards of Naonobu Fujii who passed away from cancer in March of this year.

Fujii was a big part of the growth in this team before his diagnosis.

If you told me a decade ago that Japan would be higher ranked than Brazil and qualify directly for an Olympics, I would have said you are crazy. This team plays crazy defense, with a tough serve game that keeps them in matches. Plus with many of them going overseas to get better, I have them in medal contention for Paris.

• What happened with the Netherlands? Why did they use this strange line up ?

Nimir is slightly injured, and since Thijs ter Horst is probably the worst passer of this OQT he is used as opposite. Even Wouter ter Maat passes better than Thijs :rolll: I wish we could play with both v Garderen and Ter Maat but we kinda need Jorna as second libero. He and Andringa are basically doing two person serve reception :cheesy:

• Pool C Scenarios, Updated

BEL WIN vs. BUL OR

BEL WIN 2 SETS AND CAN LOSS IN 5 SETS AND ARG LOSS OR

CAN LOSS AND ARG LOSS

CAN WIN IN <5 SETS AND BEL LOSS

CAN WIN IN 5 SETS AND BEL LOSS IN <5 SETS AND ARG LOSS

CAN IS ELIMINATED WITH LOSS

ARG WIN AND BEL LOSS AND CAN LOSS

ARG IS ELIMINATED WITH LOSS

• World Ranking/Qualifying after Matchday 6, ARG-CHN

Listing who can still play in 2024 to qualify on points

Let alone pool standings

BOLD would get VOQ spots

1. POL (CEV best) Pool C 1st, QUALIFIED

2. USA (NORCECA best) Pool B 1st, QUALIFIED

3. ITA 2024 VNL, Pool A 2nd

4. JPN (Asia best) Pool B 2nd, QUALIFIED

5. BRA (South America best) 2024 VNL

6. ARG 2024 VNL

7. SLO 2024 VNL

8. FRA (Olympic Host) 2024 VNL

9. SRB 2024 VNL

—— Projected Cut Line ——

10. GER 2024 VNL, Pool A 1st

11. CUB 2024 VNL

12. NED 2024 VNL

13. CAN 2024 VNL

14. IRI 2024 VNL

15. TUR 2024 VNL

17. BEL VOQ, Pool C 2nd

21. BUL 2024 VNL

22. TUN VOQ

• World Ranking/Qualifying after Matchday 6, BRA-IRI

Listing who can still play in 2024 to qualify on points

Let alone pool standings

BOLD would get VOQ spots

1. POL (CEV best) Pool C 1st, QUALIFIED

2. USA (NORCECA best) Pool B 1st, QUALIFIED

3. ITA 2024 VNL

4. JPN (Asia best) Pool B 2nd, QUALIFIED

5. BRA (South America best) 2024 VNL, Pool A 2nd

6. ARG 2024 VNL

7. SLO 2024 VNL

8. FRA (Olympic Host) 2024 VNL

9. SRB 2024 VNL

—— Projected Cut Line ——

10. GER 2024 VNL, Pool A 1st

11. CUB 2024 VNL

12. NED 2024 VNL

13. CAN 2024 VNL

14. IRI 2024 VNL

15. TUR 2024 VNL

17. BEL VOQ, Pool C 2nd

21. BUL 2024 VNL

22. TUN VOQ

• Tunisia to qualify right now would need an Egypt loss and they would need to win. Both results in sweeps and still I don’t know if that would be enough to jump over Egypt

• Perfect example of how much useless this tournament is. Italy will qualify by ranking, EVENTUALLY (no doubt), but right now is totally out of shape (because they peaked at ECH), but they're forced to play in october another long tournament after VNL and ECH and exposing their players to injuries. Same for Poland and the others. 1 possible huge upset (Belgium) doesn't justify the existence of this tournament. The other (Germany) is just one team from the tier-2 teams taking the ticket now and not at the end of the 2024 VNL. And I don't want to steal any credit from Germany and Belgium, but their results are also helped by the other teams being totally out of shape right now; Grozer, for example, looks like Mazinga Z right now, after resting for a injury during the ECH. One and half upset out of 24 teams playing the OGs are not worth this qualification tournaments.

I can easily predict a very bad start of club season thanks to FIVB crazy schedule.

• Perfect example of how much useless this tournament is. Italy will qualify by ranking, EVENTUALLY (no doubt), but right now is totally out of shape (because they peaked at ECH), but they're forced to play in october another long tournament after VNL and ECH and exposing their players to injuries. Same for Poland and the others. 1 possible huge upset (Belgium) doesn't justify the existence of this tournament. The other (Germany) is just one team from the tier-2 teams taking the ticket now and not at the end of the 2024 VNL. And I don't want to steal any credit from Germany and Belgium, but their results are also helped by the other teams being totally out of shape right now; Grozer, for example, looks like Mazinga Z right now, after resting for a injury during the ECH. One and half upset out of 24 teams playing the OGs are not worth this qualification tournaments.

I can easily predict a very bad start of club season thanks to FIVB crazy schedule.

If this tournament hadn't happened, Germany would have needed a spotless VNL as they were still 50+ points behind nr 10/11 Netherlands and Iran at the start of this OQT. Assuming those teams would play better at the start of summer 24 than they do right now (NL can't do much worse anyway), I'm sure they could have held their position in the ranking (or lose it to Cuba with ±34 points less, but not to Germany)

• If this tournament hadn't happened, Germany would have needed a spotless VNL as they were still 50+ points behind nr 10/11 Netherlands and Iran at the start of this OQT.

Yeah, the sense of OQTs is to give teams like Germany (crappy NT for at least two seasons) additional shot to make it to the Olympics on behalf of the players' health. Fortunately in the next cycle we will stop this madness (at least to some degree).

• i agree that this tournament is use less for some teams, but its realy nice to see Belgium in a OG. And we know that this would never happen if this OQ doesnt exist.

And in theory, OG will be much tough for the top teams im the word!

I hope Cuba can go too! Better than Serbia, IMO.

• A lot of teams are exhausted after this long season - VNL, ECH and OQT. They really need take a breath. But then club season starts...:(

• BEL vs BUL going to tie break. The Olympic spot from Belgium will be decided now.

• Bul 15x13 BEL on Tie break