China NT 2023

• Wang Yindi (part 2)

in the Asian U18 women's championship China played Kazakhstan in one of the Pool matches. It was a poor quality match with lots of unforced errors from both sides.

The setting to WYD went all over the place. However she did manage to have a few hits..

Jump to 23:40 with the score at 4-11 and a Kazakh player was serving to see a “Super spike” by WYD

• btw, some people (myself included) thought Zhu would be in Scandicci for 2 seasons

She said clearly in the press conference it's one season. After May-June, when the league ends, her contract ends.

• I swear if CVA told her she needs to stay in China for the 2023-2024 season before the Olympics. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind too much if there was an actual league that's not jam-packed into 2 months. But it's pretty awkward for her to go back to CVL because her presence would automatically unbalance the league so much.

The league can be made good. We can get quality foreigners. CVA just chooses not to. X(

• I wouldn't mind too much if there was an actual league that's not jam-packed into 2 months. But it's pretty awkward for her to go back to CVL because her presence would automatically unbalance the league so much.

The league can be made good. We can get quality foreigners. CVA just chooses not to. X(

For me I think it's contradicting for CVA to repeat the same reasoning they did before Tokyo. That Zhu needs to stay in China before the Olympics so that they can better prepare, blah, blah, blah. Look what happened last time they did that. The players overtrained for nothing when the Olympics were first postponed and the following year they just overtrained again.

CVA still think a short season league and longer NT training equals good results, but we all know happened with this philosophy.

I agree the league can be good, but right now the foreigners are getting a quick paycheck while the domestic Chinese players aren't getting any development or experience.

• Wang Yindi has very promising potential 🤩 years ago I used to look forward to Dong Mingxiao who apparently never lived up the expectations 😅

• For me I think it's contradicting for CVA to repeat the same reasoning they did before Tokyo. That Zhu needs to stay in China before the Olympics so that they can better prepare, blah, blah, blah. Look what happened last time they did that. The players overtrained for nothing when the Olympics were first postponed and the following year they just overtrained again.

CVA still think a short season league and longer NT training equals good results, but we all know happened with this philosophy.

I agree the league can be good, but right now the foreigners are getting a quick paycheck while the domestic Chinese players aren't getting any development or experience.

Of course it's stupid to do the same thing before Tokyo again, but I'm not even surprised at this point so :gone:

ever since the league got shorter, there are fewer and fewer talents appearing.

If the national team wants to train, the league doesn't need to go until June like Italy's but at least give it a good 5 months (Nov 1 - Mar 30) so players who aren't quite NT material yet can develop. Looking at the sponsors, the foreigners that the clubs can sign, and the quality of arenas available, there's no reason why the league can't be profitable enough to run for 5 months.

• Wang Yindi has very promising potential 🤩 years ago I used to look forward to Dong Mingxiao who apparently never lived up the expectations 😅

Tianjin media hyped her saying she's going be a Chinese Egonu just because her dad was a high jump athlete. Lol. :gone:

• Of course it's stupid to do the same thing before Tokyo again, but I'm not even surprised at this point so :gone:

ever since the league got shorter, there are fewer and fewer talents appearing.

If the national team wants to train, the league doesn't need to go until June like Italy's but at least give it a good 5 months (Nov 1 - Mar 30) so players who aren't quite NT material yet can develop. Looking at the sponsors, the foreigners that the clubs can sign, and the quality of arenas available, there's no reason why the league can't be profitable enough to run for 5 months.

that was a perfect schedule when the league ended around march/early April. The domestic players have more opportunities to play while offering at least an extra month or two for NT training.

Are they still doing a bubble format this season?

• that was a perfect schedule when the league ended around march/early April. The domestic players have more opportunities to play while offering at least an extra month or two for NT training.

Are they still doing a bubble format this season?

No, top 8 is supposed to have home/away format in stage 2 (round robin)

• No, top 8 is supposed to have home/away format in stage 2 (round robin)

So the finalists will play each other 2 or 3 times in the finals, twice in the second stage (double round robin), and once in the first stage (single round robin)

• There’s no live action volleyball until the CVA gets under way....but luckily there’s badminton ! A big tournament...the Denmark Open has reached the Semi Final stage and Northeast and Southeast Asian nations are doing well:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Denmark_Open

There’s highlights and live action in YT (look for 2022 Denmark Open) live action viewing times are similar to that of the women’s volleyball WCH matches...

:cheesy:

• For me I think it's contradicting for CVA to repeat the same reasoning they did before Tokyo. That Zhu needs to stay in China before the Olympics so that they can better prepare, blah, blah, blah. Look what happened last time they did that. The players overtrained for nothing when the Olympics were first postponed and the following year they just overtrained again.

Haha yeah I’ve given up on CVA TBH - nothing they do is logical because it’s fine to try something, then pivot when you realize it isn’t working… but I suppose that’s the Chinese way lol we just think our way is best and everyone else is a fluke. Recent times have shown that the game is getting more explosive with hard hitters and we have to be able to keep up and get stronger… yet they overtrain but under condition the players… well.

• It'll be interesting to watch her play again, although I won't be staying for the 2:30AM matches :gone: Guess I'll keep my VBTV subscription for another month

I hope the rumours are true and LYY does go abroad :box:

i just realized that VBTV monthly sub renews AUTO (they did not warn earlier and I didn't pay attention), must terminate manually. They just charged me for the 2nd month, but I'll end the sub after this... nothing worth to pay to see around... just some replays... but ok to pay the small fee for the 2nd month :whistle: watching badminton French Open now (as well as UKR fiasco in Telegram).

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• There’s no live action volleyball until the CVA gets under way....but luckily there’s badminton ! A big tournament...the Denmark Open has reached the Semi Final stage and Northeast and Southeast Asian nations are doing well:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Denmark_Open

There’s highlights and live action in YT (look for 2022 Denmark Open) live action viewing times are similar to that of the women’s volleyball WCH matches...

:cheesy:

I find the easy solution to watch full match live overcoming the Geo-block is by having some particular browsers with built-in vpn feature....

Have yet experimented with some special purpose extension to achieve this purpose at better speed. Any good tested cure for geoblock?

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

On looking info to find out more about Wang Yindi, I stumbled across this article, an English copy of the Chinese article:

Wang Yindi joins the Shanghai Women's Volleyball Team 2022-10-26

In the National Games competition, Wang Yindi, who represented Shanxi's youth women's volleyball team in the quarterfinals of the Shaanxi National Games, attracted everyone's attention. Wang Yindi played the main support position in the Shanxi youth women's volleyball team. Wang Yindi helped the Shanxi Youth Women's Volleyball Team overcome difficulties many times in the competition.

https://min.news/en/sport/a25d…e689234c3b7e2bd2dff5.html