Italian Women's NT 2023

• I totally get this but at the same time if we want Mazzanti to test Antropova as an OH, when is the best time to do it? For once, I'd much rather him doing it in the Euro or OQT than at the Olympics next year.

Like, Antropova is a great blocker and even better server. I can't help but to want that on the team alongside Paola. At the same time, I like also the fact of her playing some games as OPP to give Egonu a rest or enter when Paola's not performing well.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't want to see her in the team, the benefits outweighs the "price" of the investment. It's more a matter of wondering, if she'll be eligibile (because right now we still don't know if she can play and reading Abodi's comments just show Italian bureaucracy at her best), if pool stage will be enough to oil the mechanism. Give or take she hasn't played as OH for almost two years now, so some more probative tests (and that's why it would have been huge to have her in the VNL) are much needed and if Bulgaria and Croatia can challenge a little bit, the rest has just way too little to sort it out some tricky situations from where we have to dig ourselves out.

• Main factors in Türkiye's success with this system; Ebrar and Vargas are good at defense, blocking and serving well as a team. Italy can serve well as much as Türkiye but I wonder if they can do what Türkiye did on the block and in defense. they dont look that good on paper at this two element if they use this system.

I would stick with Sylla-Pietrini-Bosetti trio and use Antropova as an emergency plan.

• Main factors in Türkiye's success with this system; Ebrar and Vargas are good at defense, blocking and serving well as a team. Italy can serve well as much as Türkiye but I wonder if they can do what Türkiye did on the block and in defense. they dont look that good on paper at this two element if they use this system.

I would stick with Sylla-Pietrini-Bosetti trio and use Antropova as an emergency plan.

Bosetti is good blocker and defender , can't say the same for pietrini. Considering her current shape, Antropova wouldn't be a downgrade to her thanks to her block and serve. I wonder about Italy's Reception line in next tournament without De Gennaro

• Bosetti is good blocker and defender , can't say the same for pietrini. Considering her current shape, Antropova wouldn't be a downgrade to her thanks to her block and serve. I wonder about Italy's Reception line in next tournament without De Gennaro

Orro and Lubaian are not good blockers. Egonu improved her blocking towards the end of the season but also need to see in the italin NT.

• Orro and Lubaian are not good blockers. Egonu improved her blocking towards the end of the season but also need to see in the italin NT.

Orro is a good blocker tho (for being a short setter of course). Still, blocking might not be as effective as previously (I'm also thinking of Danesi's current shape and the fact that the other MBs are not blocking machines).

Fersino is a good receiver (she's better at digging but overall she is a solid all-around) but I don't know if she can cover Antropova against tough serving teams. Bosetti is 100% needed in this team

• According to volleyball.it Mazzaro is currently out of NT because she needs to undergo some medical exams, so the only MBs left are Danesi, Lubian and Squarcini :white:

Which basically means we only have Lubian (who is rumored to not be 100% healthy) and Danesi (who didn't have a good VNL), because Squarcini is not up to this level. And he won't budge and call Chirichella, I am just hoping that he at least calls someone who is playing at the University Games.

• At this point he might as well just invite one of the youngsters just to give her nt experience. Maybe Linda?

• At this point he might as well just invite one of the youngsters just to give her nt experience. Maybe Linda?

Nwakalor or manfredini?

They don't look good because of Mazzanti, not because the players don't have the qualities to do the same.

According to volleyball.it Mazzaro is currently out of NT because she needs to undergo some medical exams, so the only MBs left are Danesi, Lubian and Squarcini :white:

Me yesterday when I read the news:

Francis-Begbie.jpg.webp

At this point he might as well just invite one of the youngsters just to give her nt experience. Maybe Linda?

Nwakalor is currently with the Universiade team, maybe she can come back but she'll pay the toll of the long travel. Manfredini is playing the U19 WC, no way she'll be call back. The tragic thing is that we can't even call the likes of Bonifacio because they're not training since late May. What a masterpiece...

• Damn I totally forget about Bonifacio! Does she also have a beef with Mazzanti? Otherwise she should be there, this is finally her time to shine. She was always a bridesmaid but never the bride😂

• Damn I totally forget about Bonifacio! Does she also have a beef with Mazzanti? Otherwise she should be there, this is finally her time to shine. She was always a bridesmaid but never the bride😂

She's always bench at club and this year she had less court time

mazzanti called her previous year despite being bench so if he would have a beef with her she wouldn't have called her previously because of that

• She's always bench at club and this year she had less court time

mazzanti called her previous year despite being bench so if he would have a beef with her she wouldn't have called her previously because of that

Unfortunately she is one of those players who don't mind being a benchwarmer🤦 she was 2nd or 3rd best MB for a long time but still made club signings to be a bench player🤷

• As soon as the quarter-final with Poland ends, Linda Nwakalor will get on a plane and return to Italy to join the national group A ...

The match already end and italy lose in the quarter final

they gonna fight for 5th place