Turkey 2023

• She can tweet whatever she likes, I don't like this forced positivity people always expect from esp. public figures, it's indeed toxic, called toxic positivity to be precise. And we merely expect it from them because they are a public figure which doesn't make sense to me. It's completely normal and valid to acknowledge and express all your emotions, good or bad. Fake politeness isn't equal to kindness and positivity. Just because her words make you or me uncomfortable doesn't mean she isn't allowed to feel or express them.

We don't even know what it's related with, so I don't like people jumping on a wagon to hate on her already.

I agree, and it may improve NT further...as Akerman stated " without friction, no movement whatsoever"...

• When you're a professional athlete, you have some limits. deny it or accept it, ı dont care this is the reality. . She is aware of what other people think if she tweet such things. but She is looking for more attention as always. Last year, when the national team lost the first set against belgium, she shared a photo of herself, and when she got lynched, she explained that this is not my goal, but as usual, she was implying she deserves İlkin or Saliha's spot in NT.

I think you and tugba are smart enough to connect the points and imagine the dramas such behaviours could cause.

also, ı am not surprised you act like Gio is the devil and he is the only reason of all dramas. Some of you always blame only gio.

I dont want to waste my time anymore you always find a way to defend your favorites.

• She can tweet whatever she likes, I don't like this forced positivity people always expect from esp. public figures, it's indeed toxic, called toxic positivity to be precise. And we merely expect it from them because they are a public figure which doesn't make sense to me. It's completely normal and valid to acknowledge and express all your emotions, good or bad. Fake politeness isn't equal to kindness and positivity. Just because her words make you or me uncomfortable doesn't mean she isn't allowed to feel or express them.

We don't even know what it's related with, so I don't like people jumping on a wagon to hate on her already.

Freedom of expression comes with a responsibility, though. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. It's all fun and games until someone spews hate.

• Tuğba has all the freedom to tweet whatever she wants but as a public figure she has to deal with the backlash then. Whatever she tries to imply can put some people on the spot. If she has such a power to influence other people, then this is the cost.

my opinion of her is not only based on her tweets but also her interviews and attitude on court. Of course, I don't know her personally so it might be totally wrong but based on what I see, she seems like a very toxic, s.it stirrer type of person.🤷

No Aslı Kalaç and Eylül Akarçeşme on VNL roster?

I hope there is some kind of mistake.

It would be crime not to include Asli Kalaç

OMG. I just saw it. I just can not believe that Asli stay out. She is an excellent player and she deserves to be in the main roster.

Also that fact that Santarelli thought thay Kubra is beyond her is annoying :down::down::down:

• No Aslı Kalaç and Eylül Akarçeşme on VNL roster?

I hope there is some kind of mistake.

It would be crime not to include Asli Kalaç

And zeynep sude Demirel is there 🤦 why did they have to reduce the number to 28 players for VNL?🤔

• Its probably mistake, we have 30 players, they forget to add her

Initial roster was also announced as 30 players. Of course they will reduce this to 15 later for Olympic qualification but it doesn't make sense to cut them off before even training camp. You are probably right 👍

• Maybe it's not a mistake?

Just kind of why Zeynep Sude is over Aslı:wall:

• Memories :roll:

Junior National Team 🥺🥺

Zehra Güneş,Saliha Şahin Yasemin Güveli,Tuğba Ivegin now together in the senior national team:whistle:

Junior National Team 🥺🥺

Zehra Güneş,Saliha Şahin Yasemin Güveli,Tuğba Ivegin now together in the senior national team:whistle:

Melisa memiş was also from that generation, she was very promising libero, pity that she couldn't develop further. We need a good libero more than ever nowadays

This was the dream team from U18 WCh of this generation (1998-1999):

FIVB Volleyball Girls’ U18 World Championship Peru 2015 Dream Team

First Outside Hitter Paola Egonu (ITA):what:

Second Outside Hitter Li Yingying (CHN)

First Middle Blocker Jovana Kocic (SRB)

Second Middle Blocker Zehra Gunes (TUR):rose:

Opposite Hitter Kathryn Plummer (USA):white:

SetterA lessia Orro (ITA)

Libero Zang Qianqian (CHN)

Most Valuable Player Paola Egonu (ITA)

Junior National Team 🥺🥺

Indeed this was probably from 2016 CEV U19 championship. Then the starters were like below:

Aslıhan Kılıç (Buket Gulubay) - Çağla Erdem (Yasemin Özel)

Saliha Şahin (Tuğba Senoglu) - Tutku Burcu Yuzgenc (Ezgi Akyaldiz)

Zehra Güneş - Aycin Akyol (Yasemin Güveli)

Melisa Memiş

Tutku was playing as outside at junior level that's why Saliha and Tuğba was alternating. Same was Aycin and Yasemin. Great that we got so many talents from this generation to senior team although they weren't the most successful (ech 3rd, wch 4th)

• What a group of players - 2 of them ended up being olympic starters a year after

• What a group of players - 2 of them ended up being olympic starters a year after

What happened to Libero Zang Qianqian?

Is she any good now or one of those who couldn't make it to next level?

• Melisa memiş was also from that generation, she was very promising libero, pity that she couldn't develop further. We need a good libero more than ever nowadays

Exactly:drink: