2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• She has potential and has shown it at both last year VNL and collegiate level in the US but this VNL she isnt playing well. Alto take into account that shes been without playing for at least 6 months

Ze gives a lot of court time to Julia B. If she isn’t ready he must do the same as he did last VNL with Ana C.

• i can't believe Italy beat China with this roster, to make it more unbelievable, they won the last two set with Malual :white::white:

Malual is basically useless at the level and Bosio is right not to set her many balls :cheesy: (only 6 balls set to her in two sets, and Italy used to heavily reply on Opp to attack), that tell you how good both OHs were.

• Julia is good player, but she still need to find her best rhythm, 6 months without playing a single game it's too much for this level and we need to look up to the fact that she never played professional volleyball before, NCAA it isn't the same thing.

But today nothing upset me more than Macris and Nyeme, the first one can't handle any pression in NT, if the game is tie or get out of the hands she gets lost, and the second one wanna be star, she wants to protagonize every play.

I mean, ofc we still missing Gabi and Ana, but this team has total conditions to do a better game, c'mon you had Hancock, Lanier and Plummer on the other side, you need to be agressive in serve, Brazil's defense was nothing today mostly because of that.

• She is so overhyped, Idk why. I heard her name already everywhere before I even saw her play a match :rolll:

Primarily related to her perceived height, I guess. People believed Brazil finally, like China with Li and Zhu, Dom Rep with Martinez or Turkey with Karakurt etc, had found a really tall (195 cm+) spiker, and they hyped her up because of that. However, the claims from various sources of her being like 196-198 cm were false. She was measured as 191 cm before the tournament.

• i can't believe Italy beat China with this roster, to make it more unbelievable, they won the last two set with Malual :white::white:

Malual is basically useless at the level and Bosio is right not to set her many balls :cheesy: (only 6 balls set to her in two sets, and Italy used to heavily reply on Opp to attack), that tell you how good both OHs were.

Well looking on the bright side, Mazzanti finally decided to bet on another opposite so now we know it didn't work out and can move on to the next one (Frosini :), assuming Antropova will play for sure alongside Egonu)

• Primarily related to her perceived height, I guess. People believed Brazil finally, like China with Li and Zhu, Dom Rep with Martinez or Turkey with Karakurt etc, had found a really tall (195 cm+) spiker, and they hyped her up because of that. However, the claims from various sources of her being like 196-198 cm were false. She was measured as 191 cm before the tournament.

It has nothing to do with her height but rather what she'd shown at the VNL and NCAA.

• Julia is good player, but she still need to find her best rhythm, 6 months without playing a single game it's 5oo much for this level and we need to look up to the fact that she never played professional volleyball before, NCAA it isn't the same thing.

But today nothing upset me more than Macris and Nyeme, the first one can't handle any pression in NT, if the game is tie or get out of the hands she gets lost, and the second one wanna be star, she wants to protagonize every play.

I mean, ofc we still missing Gabi and Ana, but this team has total conditions to do a better game, c'mon you had Hancock, Lanier and Plummer on the other side, you need to be agressive in serve, Brazil's defense was nothing today mostly because of that.

That is really upsetting. The serve has not improved and against the USA if you don't serve tough you wont win.

it's frustrating that against the US and Serbia, Brasil always forgets how to play. They really need to work on the physiological side of things

• That is really upsetting. The serve has not improved and against the USA if you don't serve tough you wont win.

it's frustrating that against the US and Serbia, Brasil always forgets how to play. They really need to work on the physiological side of things

I don’t think that Brazil forget how to play against Serbia. We lost the final last year but we won in this last two VNL and in the Olympics.

So far USA is the team that Brazil can’t handdle

• I though she played well last VNL and was excellent in NCAA.

She is still very young and never play professional volleyball before, so i would cut her some slack even if she underperforms. I really admire her that she has good passing skill despite of her young age.

She is all that. But if she isn’t ready to play Ze must to try others options.