2023 Women's Volleyball Nations League

• it's kinda correct though 😂 it would be correct if you said Zehra or Zera but Turks generally don't pronounce the H a lot.

Watching Turkish league, I noticed the sportscaster put a certain emphasis in pronouncing the H in Zehra. It's something I just noticed recently. Pretty interesting. It almost sounds like the KH in Russian language, if I'm not mistaken. Thanks for the clarification! I specially geek over topics like this 🙂

• Edžačibaši :lol: i dont know hot to explain in english

That is how Jaglicic is pronouncing hahahah but i would believe Boskovic more, LoL. She explained during her 2020 corona interview.

To everyone

• Serbian language is much easier, we have 30 letters, every letter have own sound. And all of them have same pronunciation in every single combinations. :)

but at the same time we have certain group of consonants hahahaha, which is to people which native languages exclude them almost impossible to learn them properly.

• Tica sounds very different speaking Serbian. I've only heard her speaking English

Yeah it is not rare case. Especially when someone are not that proficient in that specific foreign language. Also the serbian language flow is just different.

• My semi's predictios

Poland - China 3-1

USA - Turkiye 3-2

I'm not a fan of this Polish squad, but they are doing amazing job this year and i think that their strong block will beat China.

Meanwhile watching the beautiful Skowronska in action, oh God i miss this type of opposite so much. Her attacking penetration and strength is something quite special and all time unique.

About USA - TUR, i really expect a five setter and apparently i'm giving the slight advantage to USA, but wouldn't be surprise with any other result actually, LoL.

• Serbian language is much easier, we have 30 letters, every letter have own sound. And all of them have same pronunciation in every single combinations. :)

nah, English FTW. We get by with only 25 and they all sound the same <cough cough>

• I think it'll be

🇵🇱 2 - 🇨🇳 3

🇺🇸 3 - 🇹🇷 1

USA has more solutions and players coming from the bench can be game changers.

Anyways, Go Go Chicleteiras

• Wada is not an OH so there's no chance she will be selected as best OH of dream team.

Best outsides were LYY and ilkin so far who played constantly in almost every match. American OHs had ups and downs, also they didn't play every week. But if USA reaches to the final, Skinner could get one of the best OH awards. Even Ebrar has a shot as best OH

Best Opp would be either Vargas or Stysiak. Both Thompson and Drews are very unstable. Gong with all respect is not the true dominant Opp so I would be surprised if she gets the award although I think she is instrumental for china's success this year

Something to take into consideration. Wada was grouped in OHs and if I am not mistaken, also confirmed by sitenoise that she played OH/OPP. Secondly, Ebrar played in most of matches as OPP and in some matches OH experimentally. So I am sure about Ebrar that, inspite of possible nomination, she won't get the title but still not sure about Wada. I agree for the rest. Besides, I would repeat that, I give a chance to Rozansky as well (depending on her coming performance).

• Something to take into consideration. Wada was grouped in OHs and if I am not mistaken, also confirmed by sitenoise that she played OH/OPP. Secondly, Ebrar played in most of matches as OPP and in some matches OH experimentally. So I am sure about Ebrar that, inspite of possible nomination, she won't get the title but still not sure about Wada. I agree for the rest. Besides, I would repeat that, I give a chance to Rozansky as well (depending on her coming performance).

Wada only played a set or two as OH with Hayashi and her just taking rotations, so I would not consider her an OH

• Give Stysiak a green card for that jersey