2023 U19 Women's World Championship

• Hahaha when I was in Peru for the U18 back in 2015, people call it Coja which means Crippled in Spanish. Haha. Made sense too as you're jumping off of one foot.

In puerto rico it is bicicleta which means bycicle

• Hahaha when I was in Peru for the U18 back in 2015, people call it Coja which means Crippled in Spanish. Haha. Made sense too as you're jumping off of one foot.

It is called 'one leg' attack in Turkish, very self explanatory 😂

• Brazil's roster:

S: Amanda Mutuano (177 cm, 2005), Maria Luiza Rabelo (175 cm, 2005)

O: Manoela Forlin (190 cm, 2005), Larissa Brandão (191 cm, 2005)

OH: Rebeca Viana (185 cm, 2006), Vittoria Kuehne (183 cm, 2006), Isabella Rocha (184 cm, 2005), Mikaela Hestmann (180 cm, 2007)

MB: Giovana Guimarães (192, 2007), Juliana Palhano (188 cm, 2006), Luana Kuskowski (186, 2006)

L: Maila Ribeiro (2005)

The ones to watch out for are Vittoria and Larissa. I've heard good things about Rebeca as well.

The U21 generation has all the big names and is more hyped, but from what I heard, the U19 girls are actually playing better all around. They've been training together since around May (?) I think.

• I though that the OH who was in Flamengo and moved to Barueri would play in U21 and U19

• I though that the OH who was in Flamengo and moved to Barueri would play in U21 and U19

Aline Segato? She was born in 2005, so technically she can play both, but she's been training with the U21 group exclusively. The U21 championship is right after the U19, so I think they decided to keep the groups separate because there'd be no time to introduce new players into the U21 team after the U19 championship.

• brazil has two tall Opps :)

• Well, these girls (including Aline) lost to Argentina but it wouldn't be the first time Brazil do poorly at the Sudamericano but good at the WCh in this age group. I believe they have a different coach as well.

• Aline Segato? She was born in 2005, so technically she can play both, but she's been training with the U21 group exclusively. The U21 championship is right after the U19, so I think they decided to keep the groups separate because there'd be no time to introduce new players into the U21 team after the U19 championship.

I was talking about her. I don’t know if she will be starter in U21. She would do way better in U19

• Well, these girls (including Aline) lost to Argentina but it wouldn't be the first time Brazil do poorly at the Sudamericano but good at the WCh in this age group. I believe they have a different coach as well.

Their former coach was legit awful. He was caught on camera pushing one of the girls very aggressively, it was a big scandal in the Brazilian vb community. Before that he was fired from another age group (U17 I think) for being abusive and treating the girls poorly (it's baffling that CBV thought it was a good idea to let him take over the U19 after that).

Losing to Argentina really is the least worrying thing to have happened to this group.

• I was talking about her. I don’t know if she will be starter in U21. She would do way better in U19

I think there's a chance she'll start. She's a better passer than Helena and Luiza, and the U21 team has some great MBs that can contribute a lot in offense. But there's also a chance Wagão will go with the Helena-Luiza duo and Aline will be a serving sub or something, it's hard to know for sure.

• Larissa must not be expected to have a large role at Georgia Tech if she's been allowed to leave.

Brazil's U19 team is better than their U21 team from what I saw this summer against USA teams.

• Larissa must not be expected to have a large role at Georgia Tech if she's been allowed to leave.

Brazil's U19 team is better than their U21 team from what I saw this summer against USA teams.

Larissa was originally part of the U21 team, I think she was moved to the U19 team precisely because the U19 championship is happening a couple of weeks earlier.

Heloise can only play the U21 though, and I don't think Georgia Tech allowed her to go. It's a shame, because she's definitely the best setter from the 2003/2004 generation.

Really? Imo brazil u21 is favourite to gold in their world champs

• no way. They’re not good.

besides Serbia did you know the good teams?

• no way. They’re not good.

I put brazil and serbia are best imo

Well brazil have talented girls as helena,juliana and others jut idk how are they doing

Italy is behind but maybe they can surprise