Japan Women's NT 2023

• God, Was watching the Men's team game and they were able to actually fill the arena on a Tuesday. The women team's popularity had severely dipped in the past few years, but that severe difference in supporters is quite drastic given that the team is much more successful internationally and much more consistent.

• God, Was watching the Men's team game and they were able to actually fill the arena on a Tuesday. The women team's popularity had severely dipped in the past few years, but that severe difference in supporters is quite drastic given that the team is much more successful internationally and much more consistent.

Doesn't help that JVA and volleyballworld promotes men's side WAY more than the women's side. And then JVA wonders why women's VB is no longer filling seats.

• Ran and Ishikawa's fame from social media is no joke. Even the newcomer Kai already has a solid fanbase too.

Yuki isn't famous because of social media. He's the Saori of the men's volleyball. His fame is warranted and he's an ikemen like Yanagida.

Nishida is famous because of Haikyuu and youtubers. Don't get it twisted.

• Yuki isn't famous because of social media. He's the Saori of the men's volleyball. His fame is warranted and he's an ikemen like Yanagida.

Nishida is famous because of Haikyuu and youtubers. Don't get it twisted.

It's not like he has not been the face of this team from 2015. Part of the Next 4 (as was Yanagida). Went overseas to play in Italy and has continued to play there.

Nishida is a good player and to do what he can at a little shorter height is impressive.

• Blaming JVA for the women's unpopularity is like blaming Manabe for not selecting enough attractive girls for this team. Choose a struggle.

If you're that desperate to make a difference try opening a fan account on any social media. Start there and find your niche. It's that simple nowadays. I suggest you do it while NT season is in full swing.

• I don’t think it’s on JVA or anyone but on the women’s team themselves. They were eliminated at pool stage and only managed to win against Kenya but lost all other matches at OG, and much more importantly, playing at home. That’s embarrassing.

While the men’s team showed some great play in front of the home crowd and made the historical best result. It’s not only the promotion effort by the JVA or famous animation or fans on social media, it’s the result that speaks for itself.

• And tbh, if anything this is more reason to push for the women's tournament lol.

Both Ishikawa, Ran and Nishida popped and became popular by being really good and being handsome. Clearly, Ishikawa is more of a generational talent that traversed from his era into this era. Ran and Nishida has been doing well since their debut AND has played in ITA, to mix but mostly positive result. Their popularity was the perfect mix of Haikyuu popularity, actual all-time best result after the disastrous 2016 Olympic campaign and hyped players playing well really pushed them to the fame they got.

But I mean even during the low period of the Men's team, I do believe the support from the Japan public was not as low as this (though I might be wrong lol). I just found it shocking how they are overlooked when their results are still relatively competitive since 2021. 4th and 7th finish from a 5th Prelim finish for VNL (vs 11th and 5th from a 5th Prelims finish for Men's), and 5th in WC (vs 12th for Men's), which they almost won. I think the Olympic underperformance is the bleakest the team had performed.

• Blaming JVA for the women's unpopularity is like blaming Manabe for not selecting enough attractive girls for this team. Choose a struggle.

If you're that desperate to make a difference try opening a fan account on any social media. Start there and find your niche. It's that simple nowadays. I suggest you do it while NT season is in full swing.

Of course the media is a big part of it. That's why marketing is done on the media. Of course JVA shouldn't take all the blame but them wondering why matches are not as watched when they pile on the promotion for the men's team (who has help with their very own hyped social media account fandoms) is eye rolling.

blaming Manabe for not selecting enough attractive girls for this team.

So the Japanese women's team have to be eye candies? Good thing some of the greatest players aren't Japanese then. Because from your statement, pretty first before skills.

Well, i'd say Japanese culture is something I fail to understand sometimes.

• Man version Date: 06/06/2023 Spectators: 6,394

We're batting around different ideas as if one is WAY more important than the other. Would it help put butts in the girl game seats if:

1. The girls won medals
    2. The girls were Kawaii cute
    3. The girls were expert social media influencers
    4. JVA promoted the shit out of them

Personally, I think JVA promoting the shit out of them without at least one of the other things wouldn't help that much, and think they're likely not promoting them because there isn't one of the others

• Man version Date: 06/06/2023 Spectators: 6,394

We're batting around different ideas as if one is WAY more important than the other. Would it help put butts in the girl game seats if:

1. The girls won medals
    2. The girls were Kawaii cute
    3. The girls were expert social media influencers
    4. JVA promoted the shit out of them

Personally, I think JVA promoting the shit out of them without at least one of the other things wouldn't help that much, and think they're likely not promoting them because there isn't one of the others

How can the girls ever be social media influencers when they are restricted on what to post. I mean I know Japan isn't known for treating women well.

But I agree though that this is caused by many things. JVA being one of them.

• How can the girls ever be social media influencers when they are restricted on what to post. I mean I know Japan isn't known for treating women well.

But I agree though that this is caused by many things. JVA being one of them.

Check Nanami Asano

• Is she part of the NT squad?

Or a recognizable person in the japanese volleyball.

I do hope they allow and encourage more social media engagement from their players.

She made wide roster last year

• Over in the VNL thread someone pointed out that the German squad had been updated with a change in the 14. I ask them if I could feel confident that since Japan's didn't change we could assume the roster isn't changing. No answer, but I also understand that it wouldn't matter what their answer was ... because how would they know?

But I don't think it's changing

#gogomaimai :super:

• I do hope they allow and encourage more social media engagement from their players.

I don't know why you guys are complaining I made a story and mentioned Wada and Seki and they both viewed and liked it. Koga never does but she has 200K so whatever. They're engaging with fans the problem is they don't have enough fans them being unpopular is not something anyone can control unless they all look like a bunch supermodels that would definitely attract a lot of people then you're asking for the impossible because posting bikini pics and expressing your opinions on twitter like tugba will get you suspended from the nt.

That new Kai dude has basically zero exposure except for that one video tbs posted and he blew up practically over night. You can't stop it from happening it's up to fans to pick up what's hot.

• Invite the girls over here

• If their lineup doesn't change I don't see them getting very far. Other NTs aces are expected to join by Brazil. They won't stand a chance unless they make necessary changes in the lineup.

What would those changes be, in your humble opinion?