Turkey - Vodafone Sultanlar Ligi 2023-2024

• Beyza is not a great mb but her service runs always work

• Arina reception was really bad today and she lost confidence on attack since set 4.

• Hope Lavarini keeps the trio on court. This kind of loss it’s part of the process.

• Gizem once again has another mid (or even poor) performance. If she continues this form in summer, she may lose another chance to OG to Simge again.

she was really great last season but is really far from her usual level this season.

• Fener's starters are all great. Too important, in fact. If one of them is injured, it creates all sorts of problems for the team. You take one piece out and everything unravels. I think there's a risk Eda could get injured again as we saw in 4th set. Might be a good idea to play with Meliha and Fetisova in the next game.

Congrats to Ecza, btw. Gray has been getting a lot criticisms but she justified her presence today.

• Everybody on Ecza side had pretty good match

Boskovic was great hitting harder balls

Gray was amazing with how reliable she was on good pass

Stevanovic had great block touches all game

Beyza was great on serve

Naz was running the team so much better then usual

Simge was solid but made too many simple mistakes imo, she had much better games

Hande was good all around

Voronkova was also good but Gray was just x factor for the team so she didn’t find her place on court today

Elif and Jack had rough games and were rightfully benched, it was not their day and it happens, hope Ferhat doesn’t give up on them for next game.

On the Fener’s side everybody had their ups and downs, can’t point to particular player but Lavarini for sure made some questinable choices, especially in tie break..

I don’t believe I would say this but Ferhat made much better adjustments, kinda similar to CWCH this year.. at least thise bald choices paid off this time unlike in their last game.

• This was really strange match, i honestly don't know how eczacibasi managed to win 2 sets in a row against fener. Gray was amazing but she is really kind of a player to come off bench and shine. Sadly, Ferhat will start with her in next game and obviously fener's serve is going to be even better so she will fall out of game. Basically, i think eczacibasi will lose next game.

• I am so happy ecza was able to put up a fight. I am always rooting for the underdog! Beyza and gray showed up big time and through them boskovic started to believe in the team. Naz was great at blocking and working gray and later tica but for the love of god she can’t pass a single good ball to the middles. Fener’s young trio seem mostly invincible but when they lose their cool they really lose it. Perks of being young i guess.

• Anna+Arina doesn't really work in tough games (unless one of them perfected the first ball).

Either Anna +Meliha or Arina +Meliha.

Meliha should have made an appearance the moment these two started shanking the pass.

Maybe they were right to let Lavarini go after all.

• Anna+Arina doesn't really work in tough games (unless one of them perfected the first ball).

Either Anna +Meliha or Arina +Meliha.

Meliha should have made an appearance the moment these two started shanking the pass.

Maybe they were right to let Lavarini go after all.

Brazilian fans are complaining that anna is not getting enough playing time even fans here are thinking anna should be playing lol but these two players are the same. So either play arina or anna.

• I thought Gabi would leave VB only for a Brazilian club when she was next to her retirement . I dont know what happened. If she wanted to have an Italian adventure before come home after accomplished everything with VB and she is already not young and couldn’t wait more or if something happened there.

VB Guidetti and her effort and dedication made from her a player that I would have not expect to see ever. She become really good on defense and reception but besides that a player with really solid attack.

Most likely because of money. She was the Boskovic equivalent of Vakıfbank based on the value she was given. Guidetti said he cried when he learned Gabi was leaving. She was the team captain. On the other hand, she past 30 age mark, probably her last couple of years playing volleyball (although you never know with Brazilians😂) so she probably wanted to get the best paying club who has similar chances like Vakıfbank to win cl, which totally makes sense.

• Not better but not a big gab on the attacking. She mostly given hard set or oos set which she delivers mostly. With markova playing OPP with novara. I don't know maybe vakifbank should just sign a local opp instead of kipp? If markova is also very effective in that position.

Come on! Frantti's attack is not even close to Markova's level🤦 there is a huge gap between these two

• Did Naz have problem setting Neslihan too?

From my memory her tempo wasn't too different to Boskovic's one - maybe slightly faster

No never, they had a perfect connection but nesli also less picky about sets compared to Boskovic. Nesli can score even with less precise sets with great tips or block outs. Gosh I miss watching her!:rose:

• Gray is the goat of “choose to compete” lol

"Pulling a Gray performance" will be something used in volleyball lingo for a long time 😂

• No never, they had a perfect connection but nesli also less picky about sets compared to Boskovic. Nesli can score even with less precise sets with great tips or block outs. Gosh I miss watching her!:rose:

what a stupid comment. Boskovic is the least picky hitter in the world. The problem is the timing. Naz either sets the ball Super fast or super high at random moments or past the antenna. Boskovic literally attacks balls no other opposites would dream of from 25 feet off the net. Calling her picky is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read

• what a stupid comment. Boskovic is the least picky hitter in the world. The problem is the timing. Naz either sets the ball Super fast or super high at random moments or past the antenna. Boskovic literally attacks balls no other opposites would dream of from 25 feet off the net. Calling her picky is the dumbest thing I’ve ever read

I agree but not completely. To say that Boskovic is picky is madness. She is playing a pretty unorthodox and difficult volleyball that probably can't be played by anyone else in the world. But he has some point. I mean she can not play with quick and short balls which is the easier but at the same time the most effective volleyball and this is a gap. Anyway despite this fact if the ball is high she can kill anything literelly even if the ball is setted from the stands. She has a increadibly rare talent to do the most difficult things.