2023 FIVB Challenger Cup

• I was rooting for Sweden obviously but at the end better team won. Congratulations to France!

Gicquel and Cazaute have played great. I'm also happy that Bauer came back to the team, I hope she will play next VNL. Her experience added a lot to this team.

Rotar is very unstable, I hope France can find a better outside to replace her

• rotar played better today despite being hard on her

Yeah she needs to improve in order to be at vnl specially at passing

• I would like to france bid for hosting one leg of vnl in order to prepare the stadium to olympics

Also because I want to see the games at Paris

• Biggest problem for france that i see for VNL, besides this 7 players, there is no players at bench to enter the court.

Yeah but it was the same for canada

I see them as canada in 2019 when they qualify to vnl...canada was better but if france stays at vnl I see them doing great things later

They are investing in under age categories

• Congrats France! They were the best in this tournament without a doubt. I think the biggest disappointment is UKR. I expected more from them. As well as Colombia. After their stunning victory against Brazil A team (even though there were many injured players), I thought they could back up that milestone in the WCH and then qualifying to a VNL...but nope. They are basically 2nd in South America thanks to Peru's total collapse (reminds me Cuba case) and the lack of interest of FEVA in the woman branch.

SWE went above expectations. At thend, as it was already said, vball is a team sport. Haak is human, she can score 35+ points every single match. Plus, she cant set to herself...SWE's setting is just amateur. Castillo, Brait and Moki set much better than those two setters combined, even some MBs (Eda for example) or OH (Bosetti,L). Not know if training would be enough for making them improve. But lets hope this Final would encourage more SWE girls to practice and play vball.

Btw, Im surprised there arent so many French players with African roots in the team, or at least as starters. I remembered a player called Jupiter some years ago. What happened to her?

• People really overrate France lol. They flopped in Golden League this year, yes they didn’t have Cazaute & Bauer but I don’t think they will make such a big difference really. Cazaute was not playing well at the end of the club and is coming after small injury and France doesn’t have a lot of experience playing against not European teams. Even if they win against Vietnam I don’t see them beating Croatia or Ukraine (who beat them twice in GL).

I feel like one of the Croatia/Ukraine will win but I’m rooting for Vietnam & Kenya :rose:

oof

• Congrats France! They were the best in this tournament without a doubt. I think the biggest disappointment is UKR. I expected more from them. As well as Colombia. After their stunning victory against Brazil A team (even though there were many injured players), I thought they could back up that milestone in the WCH and then qualifying to a VNL...but nope. They are basically 2nd in South America thanks to Peru's total collapse (reminds me Cuba case) and the lack of interest of FEVA in the woman branch.

SWE went above expectations. At thend, as it was already said, vball is a team sport. Haak is human, she can score 35+ points every single match. Plus, she cant set to herself...SWE's setting is just amateur. Castillo, Brait and Moki set much better than those two setters combined, even some MBs (Eda for example) or OH (Bosetti,L). Not know if training would be enough for making them improve. But lets hope this Final would encourage more SWE girls to practice and play vball.

Btw, Im surprised there arent so many French players with African roots in the team, or at least as starters. I remembered a player called Jupiter some years ago. What happened to her?

Who told you colombia is south american best 2nd?

they lose against argentina at that south american champs and many people tough that win against brazil was an arrangement

They lose in the final match of 2020 olympic qualyfier

Then they lose against them at wch and even argentina qualify to next round and not them...

Argentina is behind in ranking as they were punished qualifying to 2nd round of wch

Argentina has always being the 2nd in south america since peru collapse

There's sylves that is from antilles

then almost all bench has african roots as diouf,hewagene,bah,elouga,olinga andela

• Who told you colombia is south american best 2nd?

they lose against argentina at that south american champs and many people tough that win against brazil was an arrangement

I do believe Argentina is better but a small correction: Colombia did defeat Argentina in that tournament... but also lost to Peru lol

• I do believe Argentina is better but a small correction: Colombia did defeat Argentina in that tournament... but also lost to Peru lol

Oh my bad i tough they lose to them

but even