Italy - Serie A1 2023/24

• I'm really happy Bergamo managed to avoid relegation:drink:

The season has been quite negative anyway, there were other expectations at the beginning.. I hope next year it will be better, even if the future is still uncertain.

• People rewrite history when it comes to Nika. Again just like last year when she was MVP in 3 CL matches in a row and MVP when they beat FB in first half of season.

Nika played when Milano rolled over Vakifbank and Scandicci. Which was the best shape I saw Milano in this season.

Daalderop definitely played more good matches than Cazaute, who woke up only 2 weeks ago. But 1 is a flop and other a hero.

Both seasons she got injured and level dipped due to coaches scapegoating her.

I think the reason she plays better in Dutch NT is the good vibes and atmosphere that she somehow feels less pressure even though her performance is much more important there.

• The problem is that the body of Nika can’t stand to play 1 full season without injury.

She has problem with her chins.

I think that Gashina has right. They way which coaches use her is just bad and specially Guidetti was really AWFUL with her. Was like I transfer you but I have zero faith in you. Also the setter is a really big problem. It is just impossible for her to play with short and quick balls like Orro does to her. It is a little bit ironic. She sets fast balls to Nika who can not kill them and watermelons to Egonu and Sylla who are fast attackers :gone::gone::gone:. The problem is mostly mental and coaching in my opinion.

• Actually Guidetti gave tons of chance to Nika. After she was injured, Bajema started to play and did great. Sorry but Nika’s defence and reception are just bad in higher level.

• Maja Ognjenovic:

I must admit that the leagues I played in were not as competitive as in Italy. For example, there are three prominent teams in Turkey. Turkish Airlines and Galatasaray are also good teams, but they cannot compete with Vakıf, Fener and Eczacıbaşı. You wait for the regular season to end and the play offs to play important matches. In Italy, the situation is completely different. Frankly, I've been missing this all these years. If you don't do your best, your competitors may impose penalties. In the upcoming matches, we will play against Roma, which is in the 8th place in the league, and Bergamo, which is on the verge of relegation, and I think these matches have the same importance and meaning as playing against Conegliano and Milan. This adds a different appeal to the league. Because there is no relaxation here when playing against lower ranked teams, the matches are a bit stressful and tense. And it's a bit challenging because you always have to be at your 100% on the field. To be honest, it is not easy for an athlete to be in maximum shape from the beginning to the end of the season.

Thank you and bye, I hope TL fans are gone it. :mirror::rose:

• Maja Ognjenovic:

I must admit that the leagues I played in were not as competitive as in Italy. For example, there are three prominent teams in Turkey. Turkish Airlines and Galatasaray are also good teams, but they cannot compete with Vakıf, Fener and Eczacıbaşı. You wait for the regular season to end and the play offs to play important matches. In Italy, the situation is completely different. Frankly, I've been missing this all these years. If you don't do your best, your competitors may impose penalties. In the upcoming matches, we will play against Roma, which is in the 8th place in the league, and Bergamo, which is on the verge of relegation, and I think these matches have the same importance and meaning as playing against Conegliano and Milan. This adds a different appeal to the league. Because there is no relaxation here when playing against lower ranked teams, the matches are a bit stressful and tense. And it's a bit challenging because you always have to be at your 100% on the field. To be honest, it is not easy for an athlete to be in maximum shape from the beginning to the end of the season.

They gonna be mad as they were when stysiak said that and many players that were in both leagues

• As a neutral fan, I want to write this. Will the 4th team Novara be able to compete with the top 3 teams in Italy? Short answer, no. Last time I checked, they had lost both games against Scandicci. If the lower ranked teams were able to compete, Scandicci would have lost at least 7-8 matches in regular season (not 4 matches, btw 2 of them against Imoco). IMHO, Novara and Chieri are good teams like Galatasaray and THY, but they don't seem to have a chance to beat the top 3 teams right now.

• Well Maja might be right because Conegliano is miles above everyone else.. so actually the gap between the 1st and the other 3 is pretty big, while 2-3 and 4-8 might be closer. That means other teams don’t have that quality that Conegliano has, that’s why the matches are closer

• Maja Ognjenovic:

:rolll:

• Turkey has a thin pool of local players and the teams are allowed to have only 3 foreigners on court. If Turkish were allowed to play with 4 foreigners on court coaches would be able to solve a lot of problems than can’t be filled by local players.

• As a neutral fan, I want to write this. Will the 4th team Novara be able to compete with the top 3 teams in Italy? Short answer, no. Last time I checked, they had lost both games against Scandicci. If the lower ranked teams were able to compete, Scandicci would have lost at least 7-8 matches in regular season (not 4 matches, btw 2 of them against Imoco). IMHO, Novara and Chieri are good teams like Galatasaray and THY, but they don't seem to have a chance to beat the top 3 teams right now.

In fact Novara was 2nd some rounds and did an amazing campaign this season....they suffered with injuries but they could challenge top 3

But maja talks about all teams in the league

• Maja Ognjenovic:

Just because someone is a good volleyball players, it doesn't mean everything she says it true 🤦 she never said that while she was playing in Turkish league, on the contrary she was praising Turkish league's strength then. So I don't care about her hypocritical words just because now she plays in serie a:roll:

Italian league is dominated by a single team which creates the biggest unbalance in a league whereas Turkish league has 3 very strong teams which are exactly on the same level, making all these matches interesting. Moreover, teams like thy, Kuzeyboru and even Muratpaşa has beaten top 3 teams showing league's competitiveness😉 look at players of pinerolo, Roma and vallefoglia, so called mid level teams, they are not any better than Turkish mid level teams

• Just because someone is a good volleyball players, it doesn't mean everything she says it true 🤦 she never said that while she was playing in Turkish league, on the contrary she was praising Turkish league's strength then. So I don't care about her hypocritical words just because now she plays in serie a:roll:

Italian league is dominated by a single team which creates the biggest unbalance in a league whereas Turkish league has 3 very strong teams which are exactly on the same level, making all these matches interesting. Moreover, teams like thy, Kuzeyboru and even Muratpaşa has beaten top 3 teams showing league's competitiveness😉 look at players of pinerolo, Roma and vallefoglia, so called mid level teams, they are not any better than Turkish mid level teams

I think pinerolo,chieri and vallefoglia to name some are better than turkish other mid teams like kuzeyboru or gs

• Ofc both Chieri and Novara can even beat current Vakifbank, even Pinerelo.

Milano already beat Vakifbank and Fenerbahce, Scandicci beat Eczacibasi two time.
    Conegliano is just better than everyone else, noone can touch them.
    They demolished Eczacibasi.

• https://www.svt.se/nyheter/vid…saXN0IiwiMzk5MTEzOTgiXQ==

From Isabelle haak. She is saying the same as Maja. She says the biggest difference is the level is more the same in Italy while Turkey is dominated by the top teams. She also mentions the playstyle is a bit quicker with faster playstyle in Italy.

Maja saying that is somehow more reliable based on the teams she played before - meaning that Maja also played for teams that did not win the league (Ecza, other italian teams). But Haak saying something is just not properly understandable for me. She played for Vakif and Imoco most of her career in these leagues and back then these teams won everything each year.. so her stating that one of the leagues is more competitive is just an opinion based on really personal views.