Challenge Cup 2024

• There aren't many clubs willing to wait for a MB till the Panamerican Games are over. As far as I know, she had to reject offers from Turkey and Italy in order to play the tournament with her NT. I guess Azerrail pays her more than any other middle level team from the rest of Europe or small club willing to wait for her. Top teams would not wait for sure.

This reason made Jinery in Azerbaijan is even more weird than the transfer itself. Most foreign MBs in top teams of Turkey & Italy were rested a lot in the first few rounds of the league due to foreigner limitations. Ogbogu, Fetisova, Stevanovic, Robin, Washington, Heyrman all were rested more than playing, and their teams are strong enough to win the matches they should win even without them. More importantly, Jinery is the better player than most names above, any team gave her up just because she had to skip several matches in the beginning of the season was such a dumb decision.

• This reason made Jinery in Azerbaijan is even more weird than the transfer itself. Most foreign MBs in top teams of Turkey & Italy were rested a lot in the first few rounds of the league due to foreigner limitations. Ogbogu, Fetisova, Stevanovic, Robin, Washington, Heyrman all were rested more than playing, and their teams are strong enough to win the matches they should win even without them. More importantly, Jinery is the better player than most names above, any team gave her up just because she had to skip several matches in the beginning of the season was such a dumb decision.

In Earth 2 or 3? :D

• In Earth 2 or 3? :D

She is better than current Washington, Stevanovic and maybe even Heyrman.

I agree with KVB that clubs could have waited for a foreign mb to arrive late. I can imagine that it could be a problem for a setter or scorer opposite joining to a club later in the season but MB is the one they can afford to wait most

• How you connected that with serbia? :D

All players you mention above play in best clubs in the world and Martinez playing in Azerbaijan, i am sure there is reason for that.

She already played for 3 seasons in Praia which is one of the top clubs too. Don't downplay her just because Dominican republic federation is obsessed with playing with their best players in even pointless tournaments.

• This reason made Jinery in Azerbaijan is even more weird than the transfer itself. Most foreign MBs in top teams of Turkey & Italy were rested a lot in the first few rounds of the league due to foreigner limitations. Ogbogu, Fetisova, Stevanovic, Robin, Washington, Heyrman all were rested more than playing, and their teams are strong enough to win the matches they should win even without them. More importantly, Jinery is the better player than most names above, any team gave her up just because she had to skip several matches in the beginning of the season was such a dumb decision.

IMHO top clubs won't wait for any player that long, expecially for a middle. Eventually her sister ended up in Russia for the same reason.

Top teams want to build chemistry and show high quality game. Expecially when the club season is so short because of FIVB madness and there's no time in the summer to make the players bond and start working on the quality of the game. They need all their players ASAP and work on those 10/15 days of preparation for the season.

• Well done to Olympiakos, which by the way has a strong Serie A1 presence (apart from coach Micelli, Carraro and Nizetich were both familiar faces in mid-card teams not so long ago), but I think that being numbered for quite some time now is making Novara paying the toll a little bit.

• Galatasaray has lost the match against Wiesbaden, I have never seen Turkish clubs so weak at CEV competition. The lowest level from them in years.

• Wiesbaden really eliminated Galatasaray in Golden set :white::obey: Even though Galatasaray struggles a lot this season, under normal circumstances Ilkin and Cuttino alone should suffice to beat a mid level German team. IMO the key for Wiesbaden is having a coach who has been doing an excellent job in every team he coached in the last 10 years, always making players better and achieving good results with seemingly weak rosters :win:

• Like I said middle level teams are weaker than ever in Turksih league. Stysiak was right. Even top TL are not that good…

• Like I said middle level teams are weaker than ever in Turksih league. Stysiak was right. Even top TL are not that good…

GS is not a midlevel team, they are trying not to relegate this season🤦

Still a surprise though. Congratulations to Wiesbaden!

• anne buijs suffer an injury today in challenge cup

She was replaced and I hope is nothing serious...she just recovered

Novara is leading 2-1 against voluntari