Challenge Cup 2024

• In Germany the most popular women sport is probably football and there is a very strong league with the world's top players. There are also a strong league in handball. It seems to me that women's volleyball is outside the top 3 popular sports in Germany and in Italy, for example, it`s in first place (football is surprisingly much less popular than its men's version).

• In Germany the most popular women sport is probably football and there is a very strong league with the world's top players. There are also a strong league in handball. It seems to me that women's volleyball is outside the top 3 popular sports in Germany and in Italy, for example, it`s in first place (football is surprisingly much less popular than its men's version).

In Women's teamsport volleyball is still number one regarding spectators in the halls. Football was pushed somewhat in the last time, but the players are paid less well and the view in the stadions is very poor, you see hardly any viewers at location in most cases. Handball is as irrelevant as basketball in Germany regarding women's league, there are some standouts playing well, but a strong league like in Volleyball doesn't exist in any other teamsport in Germany for women.

• Even in Stuttgart, which is one of the richest cities in Germany, there is hardly any support from the city. In East Germany there is still significantly more support for the clubs from the cities. But of course not comparable to countries like Turkey. In addition, there are very high taxes and living costs. And Stuttgart actually has very good sponsors from big companies. But they still only pay what is necessary. And there isn't much more to come. Although the sponsors could easily pay a little more

• Final is now Novara against Nantes, the latter finished the coup against Nilüfer, Novara confirmed the favorite role by taking the required two sets with the third after 1:1 in sets in Wiesbaden/GER.

• Bonifacio is the best middler blocker in Novara in the next match - again she is much better than Danesi. At the moment she is a certain candidate to play in the national team in the VNL and perhaps in the Olympic Games with Fahr and Lubian. Unfortunately, Danesi's performance is getting worse with each passing season. This looks like another wasted Italian potential :(

• Bonifacio is the best middler blocker in Novara in the next match - again she is much better than Danesi. At the moment she is a certain candidate to play in the national team in the VNL and perhaps in the Olympic Games with Fahr and Lubian. Unfortunately, Danesi's performance is getting worse with each passing season. This looks like another wasted Italian potential :(

Bonifacio is fresh as she's bench while danesi is always a starter

I always had faith on sara but she slways wasted her potential being bench at clubs

Now mb competition is a bloodbath with chirichella,danesi,fahr,lubian and I includ nwakalor too

• Markova looks like a great fit for this Novara team, she may relieve some of the pressure on Akimova with backrow attacks :super:

The Markova-Boseti duo looks really good so far. There will probably be big oscillations in both of their games, age and inexperience respectively, but the peaks will be incredible.

• The Markova-Boseti duo looks really good so far. There will probably be big oscillations in both of their games, age and inexperience respectively, but the peaks will be incredible.

Buijs - Szakmary duo also worked quite well when Bosetti was still out iirc, so it's nice to see Novara will finally have options! And with L/MB/S all Italian they are free to rotate as well. They should be a real contender to reach at least semi-final of Scudetto :box:

• Kuddos to Nantes, they battled great and showed why they are in the finals! Unfortunately for them, Novara played very well today to snatch the win in 3. Fun game to watch though :heart: many (young) talents on court with Akimova, Markova, Kurtagic & Respaut!

• respaut has a grest talent....she should be starter in nantes and french team soon

She has a deadly serve

• Nantes wins the first set 25-23! Kurtagic with her second block to seal the win :super: (Yes I'm trying to lure some of her fans here to also watch the match)

Respaut came in with double sub and on her service pressure (2 aces) they came back from behind :heart: I like both teams so I don't have a clear favourite, although I love an underdog and seeing a golden set would be epic :cheesy:

• Novara won the Challenge Cup! Good game for Akimova this match, 25 pts (67%) in 3 sets :box: