Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• Standings at the end of 7 Matches Played (all teams have played 7 matches)

Position Movement Chart

Denso has more points than Toray and Hitachi and would leapfrog them both if they both lose next Saturday in their 8th matches. PFU could also jump above Toray and Hitachi with a <5 set win on Saturday. Okayama with a loss would fall below Kurobe due to sets ratio in match 8. A win could push them in front of PFU, with a PFU loss.

With JT's win today, Hisamitsu could drop behind Saitama, if Saitama wins next match.

NEC basically is behind Saitama on points.

Toyota is ahead of everyone behind them on wins and points. Teams behind them can catch them on wins, but not points.

• Ageo can easily overtake Saga and they seem ready to do just that. Everyone knows Ageo isn't messing around. Saga may even drop off the top 5 if they don't do something about their poor chemistry. Wins and losses can snowball by Empress Cup.

You know what the Saga girl wearing #17 or was it #18 that looks like a stretched up preschooler handles serve receive that isn't typical for rookies they can make use of her instead of Fukasawa.

• Kurobe NEC stats

Kurobe MBs:

Maki Yamaguchi 13/26, 2 Blocks

Reika Sato 14/36, 3 Blocks

Pins averaged about 40 swings with less efficiency. Still like how much the MBs are swinging

I guess a lot of teams suffer a bit at the 2nd OH spot. If Kurobe could improve that --looking at you Ayana's sister-- they could move up to V.League Middle Rung

NEC outBlocked Kurobe 17–7. With fewer swings NEC MBs had a better Kill rate altogether. Moeka Kinoe is doing well 10/19 3 Blocks. VOMada 10/20 4 Blocks

• She left? I didn't watch that match. So she was still able to play? she was doing so well. Does it mean she won't be able to play the rest of the season?

She played the first 2 sets then nowhere to be found starting 3rd set, not even on the bench. She also was not with the team even after the match when they all lined up for the audience. Maybe she was already being checked while the game is ongoing still. No idea for recovery time.

• Jaja is a gamechanging move for JT. Really bolstered the team so they stopped repeating the same mistakes they made before Annie went to Italy.

Come to think of it, the past and the present JT girls would make a great all-star team!

OH1: KYK

OH2: Mijahlovic

MB1: Ai Otomo

MB2: Jaja

OPP: Drews

S: Takeshita or peak Momii (can't believe she slumped this early)

L: Kobata

• It's starting :!: Hitachi is the first to grab students, a libero and an OH. Not sure what to make of it. I'm not sure Hitachi needs anything. I guess it's for the future:

Rin Takahashi libero Captain of JWCPE

Shion Okabe OH Higashi

Takahashi is a good enough libero but I feel like Hitachi already solved that problem with Amika Tokumoto

Okabe is ... I don't really know much about her

Both of them will still play with their schools in their upcoming All Japan Championships

• Okayama? Back attack?? Isn't this a paradox? Will check that out haha

Haruka whipped one out to Nakamoto in transition that was a freaker. I LOL'd

• I'm not sure Hitachi needs anything. I guess it's for the future:

Okabe is ... I don't really know much about her

Okabe is in some of the U19 training camps.

Hitachi should've taken an MB. They only have 3 local MBs and 2 of them are in the National Team. They will be left with only 1 for the other competitions when the training camps start. I remember Hawi had to play as MB in the Kurowashiki because they need another one.