Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• I had no idea she was in Italy. I googled her team in Italy and it's in Serie A2. Do you think she's playing there in order to go back to a different V1 team? or she just wants to play volleyball while being able to travel without the pressure?

From what I understand, she was about to retire but got the offer and wants a new experience.

This is her message in the team's announcement (translated through deep.l):

"After the last championship in Japan I thought about retirement, but when I received Hermaea's offer my heart started beating wildly. At that point I decided to listen to my feelings and accept the offer."

• It's too early for that atm. You might want to wait until the 2nd half next year to see the shift + possible NT squirmers in the A Team but I think since this is the crucial season before Paris there won't be any more experiments with untested players. But it's still Manabe the king of gimmicks so who knows who he'll throw in.

exactly he's always up to something, always adding some unknown out of radar player. it would be interesting how he'd tweak the nt if in case he accommodated another newbie we're seeing for the first time

• Instead of being a substitute Opp, I think PFU should let Omura be the starting Opp or another OH now and bench the OH from Himeji. She's not good. 4T can play either OH or Opp anyway, if Omura can't be OH.

Omura was receiving OP in College. Was good. Himeji girl just has height, I guess. I get her confused with the girl who left NEC

• Himeji girl is hitting 4/22 while Omura at dubsub is already at 4/7. She was even 3/3 earlier :lol:

Omura's got a good serve, too, which if she is playing full time she'd be more relaxed with rather than the pressure of serve subbing, which she also does

• 2023.12.03 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Hitachi 3–0 Okayama

25-23

25-19

25-17

75–59

Toray 3–0 PFU

25-23

25-23

25-19

75–65

Toyota 1–3 Saitama

19-25

25-18

9-25

9-25

62–93

Stats of interest:

Saitama

Hiroyo Yamanaka 11/19, 2 Blocks

Koyomi Iwasaki 6/9 :) 5 Blocks, 1 Ace --she's the setter :lol:

PFU

4T 20/40, 1 Block

Hitachi

Aya Watanabe 13/18, 1 Block

Fuyumi 25/52

Rui Nonaka 8/17

Hitachi had 13 service errors but only one hitting error by Thatdao

• Speaking of Yuka Imamura, she's in Italy and I was able to watch online some of her games in the 2nd Div of Italian League and their team is not good at all :aww: She's not doing good in the ones I've watched also. I can't finish the games, just watched a set whenever I see it live on VBTV :lol:

They have been shaky so far but she had a few good performances, unfortunately the other OHs are pretty awful and the libero is meh, I like the opposite and the taller middle though. They did just hire a new OH that should be a step up, she played for many years in A1, I expect the team to be better going forward if she's on decent shape. Btw it's the same team where Uchiseto played a few years ago (and Mari I don't remember her last name was training with them for a while last season), I guess they have some connections with Japan

• Does anyone have the schedule or link to the Empress Cup? specifically for Denso so I can try to watch it.

Denso doesn't have any Mayu type hitters which is disappointing and super frustrating to watch. Not a fan of Plummer but I now understand why she had to go overboard with scoring when she was there.

• I kind of wanna see Tominaga/Iwasaki back with the A Team. She also has a clean whack but I haven't seen her do that since 2018:/

Nishimura is still #1 in serve receive if you guys check the Best 15 list so far. I think she'll be able to maintain it throughout the entire season.

• Standings After 9 Matches, All Teams Have Played 9

Position Movement Chart Through Today's Matches

Saitama's win today could put them back in front of NEC. NEC with a win in their next match would jump in front of Saitama, but a loss by NEC, would keep Saitama in 3rd.

With Toray and Hitachi winning their matches today, there is a gap now to the teams in 9th-12th Place.

Toyota right now can only be passed on points by Denso with the teams behind them. Toyota has played 11, but Denso, Toray and Hitachi can tie them on wins, but Toyota is already at 18 points. Toray and Hitachi can only reach 17 points. Denso can reach 19 points, but has to win two in a row from now to get there.

• Does anyone have the schedule or link to the Empress Cup? specifically for Denso so I can try to watch it.

Denso doesn't have any Mayu type hitters which is disappointing and super frustrating to watch. Not a fan of Plummer but I now understand why she had to go overboard with scoring when she was there.

At Musasahino no Mori Sports Plaza

First Round Dec. 8th (1st match at 10:00, 2nd match at 12:00, 3rd match at 14:00, 4th match at 16:00)

Second Round Dec. 9th (1st match at 10:00, 2nd match at 12:00, 3rd match at 14:00, 4th match at 16:00)

Quarterfinals Dec. 10th (1st match at 10:00, 2nd match at 12:00, 3rd match at 14:00, 4th match at 16:00)

At Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium

Semifinals Dec. 16th (1st match at 10:30, 2nd match at 12:30)

Final Dec. 17th (match at 10:30)

令和5年度天皇杯・皇后杯 全日本選手権大会|国内大会|公益財団法人日本バレーボール協会 (jva.or.jp)

Easy Sports will have all matches live

NHK will only have the final live

• First Round

Forest Leaves Kumamoto vs. Naruto Uzushio HS

PFU Blue Cats vs. Artemis Hokkaido

Prestige Aranmare vs. Kyushu Kyoritsu U.

Victorina Himeji vs. Tokai U.

Breath Hamamatsu vs. Tokyo Women's College of Physical Education (TWCPE)

Okayama Seagulls vs. Kinraikai HS

Kurobe Aquafairies vs. Fukuoka U.

JA Gifu Riorena vs. Aoyama Gakuin U.

Second Round

1. NEC Red Rockets vs. (Forest Leaves Kumamoto vs. Naruto Uzushio HS) winner

2. Toyota Autobody Queenseis vs. (PFU Blue Cats vs. Artemis Hokkaido) winner

3. JT Marvelous vs. (Prestige Aranmare vs. Kyushu Kyoritsu U.) winner

4. Saitama Ageo Medics vs. (Victorina Himeji vs. Tokai U.) winner

5. Hisamitsu Saga Springs vs. (Breath Hamamatsu vs. TWCPE) winner

6. Denso Airybees vs. (Okayama Seagulls vs. Kinraikai HS) winner

7. Hitachi Astemo Rivale vs. (Kurobe Aquafairies vs. Fukuoka U.) winner

8. Toray Arrows (JA Gifu Riorena vs. Aoyama Gakuin U.) winner

Quarterfinals

9. 1 winner vs. 2 winner

10. 3 winner vs. 4 winner

11. 5 winner vs. 6 winner

12. 7 winner vs. 8 winner

Semifinals