Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• Prestige needs to work on their block coverage. Don't have to be tall for that

• Yuri Yoshino is a tough watch

• Yamada looks great in this gray uniform :rose:

• The 1st Referee for the PFU/Okayama match looks suspiciously like someone who used to play for PFU

update - Nanami Wasai who is assistant coach for PFU now, so probably refereeing the match

Keiko Tanemoto, has been a long time referee. 2013 East Asia Games photo

• 9 Matches left in the run to the playoffs

Position Movement after Today's Matches

JT has all but clinched their spot in the semifinals.

NEC, Hisamitsu and Saitama are all probably locks right now.

Denso and Toyota will still have points tiebreaker over Toray if tied on wins

• 2024.01.07 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

PFU 1–3 Okayama

22-25

23-25

28-26

20-25

93–101

SAGA 3–2 Denso

21-25

25-22

23-25

25-22

15-7

109–101

Kurobe 1–3 Toyota

26-28

15-25

26-24

15-25

82–102

Toray 3–0 Prestige

25-22

25-18

25-20

75–60

NEC 3–0 Hitachi

25-19

25-19

25-13

75–51

Saitama 1–3 JT

26-24

22-25

20-25

20-25

88–99

• sitenoise do you know the name of this girl in front that's not blurry in the pic? what's her nationality? a Brazilian news outlet mistakenly reported that she is Brazilian but mixed her up with a different girl but now I'm curious if she is actually Brazilian?

She goes as Maya Yemon. However the Yemon part of her name might not be her actual surname there's some confusion from how she's been credited in some of the recent articles. I don't know her nationality.

• She goes as Maya Yemon. However the Yemon part of her name might not be her actual surname there's some confusion from how she's been credited in some of the recent articles. I don't know her nationality.

Is that her?? looks different. When Sakoda interviewed her beside that Kinrankai ace she pronounced it as yah mown and I got a little lost thinking Sakoda said yeah man to that girl but with a Japanese accent.

• Is that her?? looks different. When Sakoda interviewed her beside that Kinrankai ace she pronounced it as yah mown and I got a little lost thinking Sakoda said yeah man to that girl but with a Japanese accent.

I think so:/ it looks like her to me.

Sakoda has an ugly Satsugū dialect that's mostly burbled it's hard to take seriously. My Japanese friend commented about it one time. Not that I ever hear any of Sakoda's commentaries but I know what she sounds like since I follow her youtube but I wouldn't trust her with pronunciations lol

• She goes as Maya Yemon. However the Yemon part of her name might not be her actual surname there's some confusion from how she's been credited in some of the recent articles. I don't know her nationality.

watch this video closely and the girl on seitoku's side wearing #1 is that girl but the male commentator pronounces her name as I-YE-MON MEE-YA like miya sato not maya i know its confusing since her katakana is hard to read イェーモン ミャ

starts at around 2:58 he says it so fast you might miss it but the MIYA is clearly audible

My guess is that her surname is the Japanese version like how they Japanized Justice into Jahstice