Italian Women's NT 2024

• No, she won't, but the real concern is Gennari's presence. She's been absolutely mediocre this season and has her share of responsibility for Bergamo's putrid season, yet she made the team. Apart from her, I can't complain too much about selections.

Of course... Everything aside, only a maximum of two players on this list have concrete hopes of being able to go to Paris... Obviously I take it for granted that we will qualify: otherwise it would be a real disaster...

• Of course... Everything aside, only a maximum of two players on this list have concrete hopes of being able to go to Paris... Obviously I take it for granted that we will qualify: otherwise it would be a real disaster...

True, but I still see some sort of myopia in some of the choices. But I've already covered the topic last year, so whoever is interested (and I highly doubt it :rolll:) can easily brush up the 2023 thread.

• today the 30 player list is released by FIPAV

I hope all big names are in

• The 30 Italian players for the VNL 2024:

S: Carlotta Cambi, Francesca Bosio, Alessia Orro, Giulia Gennari.

OH: Alice Degradi, Caterina Bosetti, Elena Pietrini, Stella Nervini, Myriam Sylla, Rebecca Piva, Loveth Omoruyi, Martina Bracchi, Gaia Giovannini.

MB: Marina Lubian, Linda Nwakalor, Anna Danesi, Alessia Mazzaro, Sara Bonifacio, Sarah Fahr, Yasmina Akrari, Emma Graziani, Benedetta Sartori.

O: Sylvia Nwakalor, Paola Egonu, Camilla Mingardi, Ekaterina Antropova.

L: Ilaria Spirito, Monica De Gennaro, Eleonora Fersino, Ilenia Moro.

Unfortunately, as was widely expected, Folie is not in the game

• besides gennari,sartori,giovannini,akrari,mazzaro and mingardi all my pickups are in

Personally I would have called Chirichella

• besides gennari,sartori,giovannini,akrari,mazzaro and mingardi all my pickups are in

Personally I would have called Chirichella

It's a fairly obvious list: whoever important should have been there is there...

we can discuss some athletes, but they are irrelevant ones...

The only truly discordant note is Giulia Gennari and I think we should all agree on this...

• I’m surprised Chirichella is not there but also Malual.. she had some nice games for Milano as well as last NT season..

I would take youngster over Mingardi so Diop would be actually much better imo (not that I think she is better player but bigger potential certianly). They will all hardly get any chances next to Egonu and Antropova anyways so it doesn’t matter that much

I am surprised to see Fahr there, I thought she was done with NT due to her injuries and wants to focus on keeping her club carrier going. Nwakalor and Bonufacio better get their chances there :win:

Velasco was always gonna include Bracchi, hope he gives her some playing time against weaker teams

• I’m surprised Chirichella is not there but also Malual.. she had some nice games for Milano as well as last NT season..

I would take youngster over Mingardi so Diop would be actually much better imo (not that I think she is better player but bigger potential certianly). They will all hardly get any chances next to Egonu and Antropova anyways so it doesn’t matter that much

I am surprised to see Fahr there, I thought she was done with NT due to her injuries and wants to focus on keeping her club carrier going. Nwakalor and Bonufacio better get their chances there :win:

Velasco was always gonna include Bracchi, hope he gives her some playing time against weaker teams

IMHO Malual and Diop are not material for NT...

However: Velasco has only called up players who play starters in their club...

The only permanent non-starters he has called up are Omoruyi (who played little and badly) and Giovannini (she was however often in the starting six and did well): but, among the OH, I don't think he had many other alternatives...

The race for the setter position is so open: I'm not sold at all with Orro and Cambi is so underrated.

I think you're right...

Personally I think he's banking on the Orro-Cambi pairing and that Bosio (rightly) could be out...

If she hadn't been injured, I also think Battistoni would have had a better chance than Bosio...

• Imo this gonna be the list for first week

Libero:Spirito,Fersino

Setter:Bosio,Cambi

Mb:Mazzaro,Danesi,Bonifacio and L. Nwakalor or Graziani/Sartori

Opp:S.Nwakalor and Mingardi

OH:Degradi,Omoruyi,Bosetti and Bracchi

Pretty good imo

• Yes, it's very likely...

It's equally very likely that this team can get off to a good start with two defeats in the first week...

• Is really Malinov so bad that she doesn't deserve the call?

She was the most promising setter not so long time ago...

It's not understandable that after a good season

• Yes, it's very likely...

It's equally very likely that this team can get off to a good start with two defeats in the first week...

I do not understand whats the point of getting Nwakalor and specially Mingardi in the roster??? I thought that every victory matters now. Also why so many experiments before the Olympics? It seems to me stupid strategy. They just should try to work with the the players who are going to be in the Olympic roster. I do not understand what they trying to do. The roster is obvious and the players who are not have a sure position but they will fight with someone else are also obvious. It will be Omoruyi vs Degradi , Cambi vs Bosio and Lubian vs Bonifacio. Just this.

I do not know what is going on and with this roster except the fact that they will loose from Turkey and Poland for sure they are also in dangerous to loose also from Germany. Is not this strategy dangerous for the qualification in the Olympics???

• I still hope for miracle that Folie is only rested during VNL and then her name will appear in the OG roster.

Yeees. It would be so shame if she will not be in the team. Italy looses a starter who is in crazy shape and she looses the chance of writing her name with golden letters in the volleyball history , because we all know that Italy has real chances to get the gold.

• I don’t think it’s gone happend…

They still could include her in wide roster so that She could played at least last week or finals so just that She can perform to see where is She after not playing for 1month

• I do not understand whats the point of getting Nwakalor and specially Mingardi in the roster??? I thought that every victory matters now. Also why so many experiments before the Olympics? It seems to me stupid strategy. They just should try to work with the the players who are going to be in the Olympic roster. I do not understand what they trying to do. The roster is obvious and the players who are not have a sure position but they will fight with someone else are also obvious. It will be Omoruyi vs Degradi , Cambi vs Bosio and Lubian vs Bonifacio. Just this.

I do not know what is going on and with this roster except the fact that they will loose from Turkey and Poland for sure they are also in dangerous to loose also from Germany. Is not this strategy dangerous for the qualification in the Olympics???

It's the wide roster, they need the fillers names, it's not like he could present just a 12/14 people roster

• Surely no way Folie will be playing Olympics? Especially her last tournament with NT was Tokyo which she was useless?

Volleyball wise she can contribute so much base on her current shape, but her lack of contribution to NT in this quad doesn't bold well for her. Let alone that if she actually wanna play or not.

Otherwise there will be even more drama in the team