Transfer Rumors & Discussion (2024/2025)

• Well, their best exit is to transfer Vargas somehow but it can also get worse if FB decides to transfer Zehra, leaving them with only Cansu as reliable local.

• They're also kind of the ones to blame for their opposite crisis. They traded Haak for Egonu even though Vakifbank was winning everything with Bella. Then they were very quick to give up on Egonu too and would only renew with her if she agreed to cut her salary in half (obviously she didn't).

With Egonu, Vakif won 3 titles out of 5 (Turkish Super Cup, Turkish Cup and Champions League) and it seems like a great haul to me...

I don't think the mistake was trading Haak for Egonu, but rather taking Egonu without being able to building a team around her and failing in the (not easy) task of managing her: the latter is certainly a "Giovanni Thing"...

• Ebrar wanted to play as opp that’s why she sought chances elsewhere where she can play as opp. When vargas was naturalised she had no choice to switch to oh in NT. it is not santarelli magic that gui couldn’t pull off it is ebrar being realistic. I honestly thought ebrar would make her comeback next season to vakif as OH making them a contender again but unfortunately for us fortunately for her she is happy at her current club. She is the league’s top scorer and enjoying being the go-to player as opp there

• They're also kind of the ones to blame for their opposite crisis. They traded Haak for Egonu even though Vakifbank was winning everything with Bella. Then they were very quick to give up on Egonu too and would only renew with her if she agreed to cut her salary in half (obviously she didn't).

That was an awful move. Haak became the monster player she's now under Guidetti's wings.

• With Egonu, Vakif won 3 titles out of 5 (Turkish Super Cup, Turkish Cup and Champions League) and it seems like a great haul to me...

I don't think the mistake was trading Haak for Egonu, but rather taking Egonu without being able to building a team around her and failing in the (not easy) task of managing her: the latter is certainly a "Giovanni Thing"...

Egonu showed up for single games (Supercup and CL final) or short terms tournaments (Turkish Cup), while Haak managed to play the whole season as a goddess and Vakif won 5/5 trophies.

Giovanni has nothing to do with Egonu leaving Vakif. She went there just for money and fresh air (after the accusation of racism to the italian crowd). When she realized she had to actually pur effort in trainings and so on, it was already half season and Guidetti managed somehow to make her play her best for crucial games, being her only trusted person in the club. Everyone from the club didn't like her attitude and in january she was already virtually cut from the project of VakifBank. So she took the chance to move to Milan.

• Sorry but Vakif didn’t win supercup last season with Egonu, as far as I remember that was the first game in which whole negative predictions about their season started.

They lost to Fener which played with Lazareva as OP, and it was a sweep

• Ebrar wanted to play as opp that’s why she sought chances elsewhere where she can play as opp. When vargas was naturalised she had no choice to switch to oh in NT. it is not santarelli magic that gui couldn’t pull off it is ebrar being realistic. I honestly thought ebrar would make her comeback next season to vakif as OH making them a contender again but unfortunately for us fortunately for her she is happy at her current club. She is the league’s top scorer and enjoying being the go-to player as opp there

She said in her interview last summer that she wants to play as Oh also in club season. It was too late for Kaliningrad since she has already signed with them as opp but she would play as Oh after this season. But then she renewed with them again as opp🙄 I don't know how quick she can adapt to oh position again this summer. She was very quick last year with her transition, so I hope she can do the same again🙏

• Also, as far as I remember (no hate towards Egonu) she had diva attitude in the beggining of the season and openly shouted at Guidetti to put Cansu in cause she didn’t want to play with Buket Gulubay (it might have been a bit later in the season I don’t remember) and there was big backlash from Vakif fans for that move on social media.
    Also, Egonu didn’t quite fit in Vakif’s system and Haak was much better fit, by the mid season and transfer period they were confident that they would get one of Boskovic or Vargas as they made offers for both. Now, Bokovic and Vargas both are much better fit for Vakif and would be better duo with Cansu then Egonu was so if they managed to pull that out then we would be talking here how great and brave Vakif is to let Egonu go and get OP who fits much better in their system. Only bad thing they did there was not realising in advance that Boskovic wouldn’t leave Ecza and that Vargas is very happy with her China-Fener deal (Tianjin is paying her fortune for half a season).
    Should Vakif have continued with Haak? Yes

Was leting Egonu go a good choice? I guess so, she didn’t fit in Vakif system and them winning against Fener both in cup and CL is basically because of Guidetti and his tactics on how to exploit Fener’s weaknesses that season, aside from Egonu having solid games in both.

Now, is JT the biggest Vakif problem? No, their whole team is flopping this whole season and they have very poor chemistry as well as individual shape and performances of their players who were dominating last seasons are now awfully out of shape..

Vakifbank would have won some trophies this season if Zehra, Cansu, Frantti and JT were in better shape throughout the season. Quality of this team is just slightly below Imoco, Fener, Milano and Ecza.

• Also, as far as I remember (no hate towards Egonu) she had diva attitude in the beggining of the season and openly shouted at Guidetti to put Cansu in cause she didn’t want to play with Buket Gulubay (it might have been a bit later in the season I don’t remember) and there was big backlash from Vakif fans for that move on social media.
    Also, Egonu didn’t quite fit in Vakif’s system and Haak was much better fit, by the mid season and transfer period they were confident that they would get one of Boskovic or Vargas as they made offers for both. Now, Bokovic and Vargas both are much better fit for Vakif and would be better duo with Cansu then Egonu was so if they managed to pull that out then we would be talking here how great and brave Vakif is to let Egonu go and get OP who fits much better in their system. Only bad thing they did there was not realising in advance that Boskovic wouldn’t leave Ecza and that Vargas is very happy with her China-Fener deal (Tianjin is paying her fortune for half a season).
    Should Vakif have continued with Haak? Yes

Was leting Egonu go a good choice? I guess so, she didn’t fit in Vakif system and them winning against Fener both in cup and CL is basically because of Guidetti and his tactics on how to exploit Fener’s weaknesses that season, aside from Egonu having solid games in both.

Now, is JT the biggest Vakif problem? No, their whole team is flopping this whole season and they have very poor chemistry as well as individual shape and performances of their players who were dominating last seasons are now awfully out of shape..

Vakifbank would have won some trophies this season if Zehra, Cansu, Frantti and JT were in better shape throughout the season. Quality of this team is just slightly below Imoco, Fener, Milano and Ecza.

Sorry but this is total BS, Vakıf won those trophies thanks to Egonu's god-like performances, she won those trophies single handedly, fair and square. Discrediting her doesn't make Boskovic better if that's what you are trying to do. She played incredible when it mattered, and brought trophies to his team. It was not like Guidetti and his tactics. Guidetti transferred Egonu to Vakıfbank because he always praised her as the only player he cant stop. However he failed to get the best out of her. Even then Egonu, true queen, showed her class and won those trophies. Vakıfbank is suffering their impatience towards Egonu. Very well deserved meltdown for that club

• I believe that people was exaggerated on Egonus alleged underperformances. She was still good in Vakif and her numbers was fine and if someone see what some of you writing here he will suppose that she was bad. The problem with Vakif last season was that Zehra was exactly like she is now , Kubra like she was not existed in the team and Daalderop the same ( for more complicated reasons). Cansu was also not in her best shape. What was she suppose to do ? To score 50 points in every match to cover three gaps??? Impossible. And in the end is not that Egonu find her shape suddenly. Is just that the present of Bajema affect the team with really positive way because even if she was not in her best shape she actually did something.

• Egonu has proven herself as the only player in activity who can carry a club almost by herself to win the most prestigious competition in club level.

• Egonu is fine as an athlete.

However, she does have a reputation for being difficult.

What ain't broke, don't fix it fits Vakif really. Gabi and Haak duo was working very well. They could have been the mainstay (like Tica in Ecsa) in Vakif for as long as they can. What were they thinking. And now they're losing Gabi too.

• That was an awful move. Haak became the monster player she's now under Guidetti's wings.

I don't get why poeple keep saying that that was an awful move. Egonu was signed well before the WCCH and up until that she was Vakif nightmare and the best club vball player by far (and still is, 5 CL finals in a row and 3 MVPs with 3 marvelous performances with over 40 pts and excellent attack efficiency I have not seen in another vball player). It was only logical that Gio and VB wanted not only to sign her but also weaken their main rival. They didn't win all the cups, for sure but the balance is positive, especially when Paola singlehandedly won the most prestigious club title there is that year.

I love, Haak but that she was playing like a goddess all year round is bs. She was doing well but that only CL championship during her three years at VB was due to Gabi. And on top of that she was also adapted to the club after spending 3 season in which they didn't change the roster. Don't know why some people get so blindsided by their hate or dislike towards Egonu that avoid the facts.

• I don't get why poeple keep saying that that was an awful move. Egonu was signed well before the WCCH and up until that she was Vakif nightmare and the best club vball player by far (and still is, 5 CL finals in a row and 3 MVPs with 3 marvelous performances with over 40 pts and excellent attack efficiency I have not seen in another vball player). It was only logical that Gio and VB wanted not only to sign her but also weaken their main rival. They didn't win all the cups, for sure but the balance is positive, especially when Paola singlehandedly won the most prestigious club title there is that year.

I love, Haak but that she was playing like a goddess all year round is bs. She was doing well but that only CL championship during her three years at VB was due to Gabi. And on top of that she was also adapted to the club after spending 3 season in which they didn't change the roster. Don't know why some people get so blindsided by their hate or dislike towards Egonu that avoid the facts.

Egonu was indeed a better individual player if you were to compare her to Haak individually

But volleyball is a team sport and there was such good synergy & coordination between the Vakif team which won all the trophies

Not to mention other conditions such as salary cap limitations (since Egonu's payout is much higher)

I can only suppose Vakif felt that bringing in Egonu was necessary to fill the gap from MBH's retirement, which is a valid concern, but got too greedy imo

• My two cents on this subject, I don’t believe Egonu was planning to stay at VB more than a year. I think her plan was to stay for a year and go back to Italy from get go. So, I think most likely VB management got duped believing that they could replace Haak with Egonu for long term. I am not sure if Gudetti knew Egonu’s intentions or not. But from my observation some club managers just follow whatever coach says without questioning.

• My two cents on this subject, I don’t believe Egonu was planning to stay at VB more than a year. I think her plan was to stay for a year and go back to Italy from get go. So, I think most likely VB management got duped believing that they could replace Haak with Egonu for long term. I am not sure if Gudetti knew Egonu’s intentions or not. But from my observation some club managers just follow whatever coach says without questioning.

Why do you think so? Did you read any interview on this topic from her or Guidetti? Or just your speculation?

• Kübra Akman and Şeyma Ercan to Zeren Spor rumor is getting stronger and stronger

so thy will be weaker and weaker. No kvr, no kübra, yes julia b :)