2024 Women’s Volleyball Nations League

• in fact I am very optimistic about Brazil NT. The Olympics cycle for Tokyo was the low point.

There are a lot of good NTs and the level is high but I like more the current BRA NT than the team that won silver medal in Tokyo (except for Brait).

the future is brighter imo. Maybe after Tokyo Bra NT can select good prospects with already a good core team aiming to be more near of the level of the golden generation.

• This is the first Olympic in years that imo anything can happen. On paper there is no clear favorite. Too bad the system (2 pools of 6)has changed.

I liked two pools of 6 too! It was less pool dependant. A lot of high level matches at group stage between top teams. And if a team get a bad result, they could still recover by winning other matches. Now one surprise loss can mean leaving the tournament without quarter finals

• Brazil may have had a weak NT season last year, but we had a lot of injuries and many of our players weren't in the best physical condition (Carol, Gabi, Rosamaria and Macris notably). Before 2023, we played 5 finals in a row, and those were all before Ana Cristina's rise and Thaisa's comeback, so I wouldn't count us out of medal contention.

And you lost most of those finals with clear 3-0s.

Brazil is ofcourse a medal contender but their chance to win the gold is not strong. especially at OPP position, you have lack of quality.

about Thaisa ı don't think she brings more than what gattaz did, Thaisa can't block, and Gattaz were your slide attacker, with Thaisa you don't have a strong slide attacker and it weakens your right side, which is already weak in attack.

• Fair enough! Olympics is always full of surprises. And you are right Brazil has a too big legacy to count them out:drink:

• I'm excited for Brazil's NT roster. Lots of good players this season. Ana Cristina is back. Hopefully Ze Roberto gives Lorrayna, Tainara, Sabrina, and those first timers in the NT playing time in VNL.

• in fact I am very optimistic about Brazil NT. The Olympics cycle for Tokyo was the low point.

There are a lot of good NTs and the level is high but I like more the current BRA NT than the team that won silver medal in Tokyo (except for Brait).

the future is brighter imo. Maybe after Tokyo Bra NT can select good prospects with already a good core team aiming to be more near of the level of the golden generation.

Yes, after Paris I'm excited. You got Luzia, Helena, Julia K, Juju, Larissa, Aline, etc and still have Ana Cristina, Diana, Lorrayna, Tainara, Lorena. That's a stacked roster for Brazil.

• And you lost most of those finals with clear 3-0s.

Brazil is ofcourse a medal contender but their chance to win the gold is not strong. especially at OPP position, you have lack of quality.

about Thaisa ı don't think she brings more than what gattaz did, Thaisa can't block, and Gattaz were your slide attacker, with Thaisa you don't have a strong slide attacker and it weakens your right side, which is already weak in attack.

Yeah, they choked in those finals (the last 3 in particular... VNL 2019 and 2021 were good matches), no doubt about that. But my point was that they clearly are capable of beating those teams with legendary opposites, otherwise they wouldn't be consistently in the top 2.

Thaisa was actually hitting the slide very effectively in the OQT. And while she is not the monster blocker she used to be, I wouldn't say that she can't block. She's still a better blocker than Gattaz ever was if we are being honest. Like I love Gattaz and she's known for many things... good blocking is not one of them lol. And if blocking becomes an issue, Diana/Julia K will certainly bring a lot more to the table than Bia did in Tokyo.

The Olympics are 4 months away and a lot can happen in the meantime. Teams will also play only 6 matches max this time around. Any one of the big 6 teams can take it. I can even see DOM or Poland snatching a bronze if they can a favorable draw.

• france made her first list with available athletes

I am curious to see the opp,i.ndiaye is hoing next season to turkey and oliveira souza has progressed in greece

Alzatrici : Chameaux; Mauriat; Stojiljkovic.

Centrali: Elouga ; Fanguedou; Garcia Carrière; Olinga Andela; Sylves.

Opposti : I.Ndiaye; Oliveira Souza.

Martelli : Arbos; Bah; Haewegene.

Liberi: Bernard; Jaegy.

• For france alexandra dascalu returned

she was the main weapon of France for so many years when they were an amateur team

She was amazing in french league those last season carrying her team,gicquel gonna have a good sub

She retired at 2019

• I see in bulgarian roster that nasya dimitrova is not there again,why? This year also no mira todorova and radostina marinova

Coach problems?

• USA VNL list Logan is missing?

ooooh my god. I never thought that Kiraly would be such stupid. I remember, he called last year, Nuneviller to roster which was a funny decision but this is not funny but disaster, which is an evidence is that, his mind stopped progressing or having some infriority complex against a player who has very high reputation at this very young age or he has misleading asistants.

Can anyone explain me, why Cuttino is in roster but no Logan? In the season, Logan subbed Cuttino because of her (Cuttino's) failing performance and this kept until the end of the season. Even in playoffs Logan played in OPP position and she also proved that she can play in both positions in which she was quite succesful in both especially at attacks. Furthermore, Logan was on fire and game changer in many matches. This is insane and totally stupidity.

I am glad at least seeing Kendal Kipp in the roster and that's all.

• The reasoning of possible failure of Serbia at VNL is ready. Because there were no Boskovic.

OK then, it is whose decision? Boskovic's or coach's decision?

Just curious about finding a scapegoat.

This time it will not be acceptable just to say, because she was not there.

• So SRB is resting their main players for OG? OK maybe other countries should do this as well :S

• The reasoning of possible failure of Serbia at VNL is ready. Because there were no Boskovic.

OK then, it is whose decision? Boskovic's or coach's decision?

Just curious about finding a scapegoat.

This time it will not be acceptable just to say, because she was not there.

Failure to who? Does anyone care VNL this year? This is OG year. Noone will care about VNL. And most Serbia fans are happy bcz their youngsters will play and gain experience

• I know it won't matter because neither of them would get to play anyway, but Haneline in the roster is a joke. She barely got to play in Stuttgart this season whereas Tia Jimerson was one of the best MBs of the league, if anything her name should be on the wide roster.

• Failure to who? Does anyone care VNL this year? This is OG year. Noone will care about VNL. And most Serbia fans are happy bcz their youngsters will play and gain experience

Last year also, there were similar arguments about VNL that, it is not important but points meant a lot, followed by excuses. It makes logic to add new and young players to roster but also the combination of young and experienced leading players is important, in case if things don't work as expected.

Obviously Olympics is the dream for everyone, incuding Turkey. Eda at 37 is in roster, so Turkey is mistaken?

• So SRB is resting their main players for OG? OK maybe other countries should do this as well :S

Nuh last time we saw what happened to the teams which skipped VNL:roll:

• It’s very not like Guidetti’s usual practice to rest nearly all key players in the warm up tournament before the major event, especially this is the ONLY tournament before the OG. I wonder it’s really his ideas or more of the directions from the Serbian federation.