2024 Women’s Volleyball Nations League

• That was surely one of the best games of bjelicas career against a good opponent lol

• I thought Italy was only missing Fahr and maybe Lubian in the middle but the middles did a great job today, and besides that, there is a big debate between Antropova vs. Egonu, (I think Egonu has a higher ceiling but she is more error prone) and except for the end of the first set the setter did a very good job. I thought Italian coaches studied this game very well. I think the problem is within the Turkish team, they need to focus they need to play with energy. I think losing this early to Japan and Italy is the best thing happened to them. I am hoping tomorrow France can push them hard so that they will learn and at the end of the third week they will be playing like a well-oiled machine. You see I am looking like this, this is an Olympic year you want your opponent to play as hard as possible against you, that is the only way you could get better. Italy and Japan did that this week and hopefully next week will be even harder.

Eh, outside of Fahr and Lubian as MBs, Pietrini, who impressed in Russia for Kazan, will of course play instead of Degradi or C. Bosetti. And DeGennaro should be the main libero. Egonu is still likely to be the starter in Olympics, although Antropova has a chance to sub her. Hence this squad is basically a B-formation.

• Degradi has been great for quite some time. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her as 3rd OH option for Paris and therefor entering the game frequently. I don’t think Sylla can have big role in Italian NT anymore, Bosetti is just more stable option and playing them both is just too weak offensively. I would go with Pietrini/Bosetti and Degradi as 3rd option but I wish they would go with Sylla haha :lol:

• Degradi has been great for quite some time. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her as 3rd OH option for Paris and therefor entering the game frequently. I don’t think Sylla can have big role in Italian NT anymore, Bosetti is just more stable option and playing them both is just too weak offensively. I would go with Pietrini/Bosetti and Degradi as 3rd option but I wish they would go with Sylla haha :lol:

I see you, trying to sabotage the competition!!:mirror:

Just kidding, although I do agree that Degradi has proven herself to be the 4th OH that should join next to Bosetti, Pietrini and Sylla. Also Cambi imo showed this week that she deserves a spot!

• I just watched the match and well done Italy! I love it when a team performs over their 100% and plays like this. I really liked Degradi and Bosetti who were very consistent the entire match and Antropova delivered without having any regular lows throughout the match.

On Turkey's side, I was expecting them to lose some matches this week, knowing the girls gathered only a week ago and Santarelli joined them like 5 days ago. The only positive surprise so far is Vargas whom I thought would need some rest and perform slightly worse but girl does not stop. I also liked Örge among the matches played so far. Despite the losses, I am not as worried. Turkey started last year's VNL bad during the first 2 rounds as well, creating a lot of question marks, but it was a completely different team third week and on. They just need some more time together and particularly with Santarelli.

Meanwhile I am hoping that they will give some rest to players like Vargas, Zehra, Ebrar and maybe Ilkin who seems to have a small injury on her leg. I also won't be surprised if we watch Derya more next round and Tugba being benched. It feels like the competition for last spot is between Derya and Tugba, to add some more attacking power to the team.

• For now, it's only 1 match and I don`t get euphoric. This is just the beginning of a long road. Now we should start adding basic elements to the team: Egonu, Pietrini, Fahr, de Gennaro etc. We'll also see if Orro will still be number 1 or will it be permanently replaced by Cambi? It is certainly positive that Italy today has 99% certainty that they will go to Paris and now they will be able to play in the VNL with greater peace of mind. I admit that after the match against Poland I started to get a little worried...

• Eh, outside of Fahr and Lubian as MBs, Pietrini, who impressed in Russia for Kazan, will of course play instead of Degradi or C. Bosetti. And DeGennaro should be the main libero. Egonu is still likely to be the starter in Olympics, although Antropova has a chance to sub her. Hence this squad is basically a B-formation.

Hmm. I thought Degradi as well as Bosetti did an awesome job, as well as all other Italian players. I doubted that very much Pietrini would have done much better than Degradi. I guess it’s a personal choice that I would not diminish their fine accomplishment and call them a second class players, instead I would have cherish them. But perhaps you are still pissed at you’re so called “A” team lost in European championship last year or perhaps something else!!!

• Hmm. I thought Degradi as well as Bosetti did an awesome job, as well as all other Italian players. I doubted that very much Pietrini would have done much better than Degradi. I guess it’s a personal choice that I would not diminish their fine accomplishment and call them a second class players, instead I would have cherish them. But perhaps you are still pissed at you’re so called “A” team lost in European championship last year or perhaps something else!!!

what an aggressive reply. What you’re quoting wasn’t dissing anyone. It was just logical things regarding the Italian team….

• Hmm. That’s is really funny stating all Italian players looked like an “A” team players as an aggressive reply. So, tell me what is really bothering you?

obviously I was talking about the end of your post where you asked if he was “still pissed at losing in euros” but okay lol you can keep being a prick

• obviously I was talking about the end of your post where you asked if he was “still pissed at losing in euros” but okay lol you can keep being a prick

It is obvious from the way stated that Italian B team won against the Turkish A team at least initially. That’s Ok! You can look at it any way you want. Perhaps you got some grudges as well!!

• Canada beat Thailand 3-1and they are currently ranked 10th. If Canada continues to play like this, they have a good chance of getting the last ticket.

Btw, Gray hasn't made a single mistake in reception, even after the 4th match.

• Hello Guys, i know that you consider that France vs Bulgaria was one U21 game , so you decide to not watch it. Doesnt matter . But it was one historical day for France : first victory ever in VNL ! And what can i say about the performance of captain MB Olinga ! +18, 9/11kills and ...9 KB ! just amazing !

• obviously I was talking about the end of your post where you asked if he was “still pissed at losing in euros” but okay lol you can keep being a prick

You are the last person giving advice on not writing provoking posts, being aggressive or being a prick 🤦