Türkiye NT - 2024

• It's so interesting how Turkish users are glossing over the fact that Turkey tried to naturalize 4! foreign players to fill their opposite position in the last decade.

You are giving the dates wrong and it is likely that 3 of these players probably didn't wanted by TVF at first.

Galatasaray tried to naturalize Boskovic at the age of 13 in 2010-2011

Alexia wanted to become Turkish at the age of 16-17 in 2019-2020, her case is exactly like Antropova and Meliha.

TVF naturalized Vargas in 2021 but ı guess they tried to naturalize her before, it was a process.

about Haak ı dont have any info but probably Vakıfbank asked her what she would think about playing as Turkish in 2019-2020.

Probably Vakıfbank will ask this question Markova too.

• btw, ıdk if ıt is a bit unrelated but Ottoman Empire who are Türkiye's past had "devshirme system" as a state policy. devshirme = naturalization in sport terminology

Young bright children, regardless of their nationality, were recruited and raised at a young age, and if they were successful enough, they could become the second most powerful person in the empire after King/Sultan

These people contributed to the development of the empire, and the Ottoman Empire gave these people a lot in return. Ottoman Empire was one of the most powerfull empires between 13-19 centuries.

Since everyone is happy and everyone benefits, I don't see a problem here.

Probably most of Turks know this and despite we are a bit nationalistic country don't see a problem like me.

• Wrong address WZP. I respect all athletes and it seems that you did not get, what my point is...

You should better warn those, who use disrespectful rubbish words against Alexia.

Unfortunately correct address. You try to prove that Turkey did not give an offer to Haak. It ok to give the offer and please don’t try to conjure the reality.

• Unfortunately correct address. You try to prove that Turkey did not give an offer to Haak. It ok to give the offer and please don’t try to conjure the reality.

Still wrong address and seems that you did not get any point of my sharing and replies.

1st of all, I am not trying to prove anything. All I am saying is that, this is something cooked by some sports surroundings revealingly and intentionally just before important tournaments without a proper information. No real source, when it happened and by whom it was offered and how exactly it was asked/questioned.

Haak is a very valuable player, who cannot be denied by anyone, however this sort of speculative interview at this moment (which I stii have doubts about some points) and which could be a subject of manipulation, is not pleasant with her succesful professional career. That is why I clearly stated that "If she is the part of this game, then this is her worst performance, just before the international tournaments and before olympic games, aiming to demoralize and create question marks within our NT"

People can keep crying from jealousy with our NT and keep attacking on our NT players with disrespectful and rubbish words while you close your eyes but from this moment onwards I will not keep my kindness and those will be replied as they deserve.

I hope that, this time it is clearly understood and if not, keep believing what you want to...:read:

• That is exactly my thought on this whole thread here.
    It's so interesting how Turkish users are glossing over the fact that Turkey tried to naturalize 4! foreign players to fill their opposite position in the last decade. They managed to get 2. Not to mention the fact that they already had Karakurt who was playing very well in the last couple of years. They're very lucky she played OH with Gio, but I have no doubt in my mind that they would still naturalize Vargas even if Karakurt wasn't able to play as OH, which is just sad tbh.

I belive that karma always catches up, so enjoy it while it lasts people. :drink:

I don't expect someone like you to understand it while your team is full of naturalized players. And how shameless you are, you come to our thread to criticize Turkish NT while you guys yourself naturalized Boskovic and mihajlovic and try to get Vargas on top of these but failed because your federation is poor. While having already a young Boskovic in your team, trying to naturalize Vargas is pinnacle of greediness. :aww: in our case at least Ebrar could play as oh, in your case Boskovic can't 🤦 so what were you guys planning to do? Keep Boskovic on the bench?

Italian and Serbians are last ones who could criticize turkey for trying to naturalize players. It is the biggest hypocrisy in this forum that people get so nasty when it comes to turkey but noone speaks up when Italian and Serbian federation do the same many many times. Your hypocrisy makes me sick <X

• This topic is always getting out of hands.
    Naturalization topic has nothing to do with blood purity or whatever gaslighting you are trying to bring here.. nobody ever says that lol, but it’s 10th time that certain turkish bots are trying to make it seem like others are fashists by putting words into their mouth and discussing about something that was never said in the first place.

Especially towards some of the friendliest users here- VolleyOrange and jelena

There is a clear distinction between club and national team and playing for national team has nothing to do with “purity” or whatever you are trying to gaslight people into believing some ither are claiming. Simple, club is club, NT is NT.

There are certain requirements for a player to represent some country, some players can choose multiple countries based on where they were born, where they grew up or where their roots are.
    When you take that out of equation then any other further discussion about naturalization “tactics”, as it seems that’s how you see it, is looking more like club transfer season then the essence of what National team competition is supposed to be like.
    National team competitions is about countries and nations, not about where player should play or what is better for them.. hell, representing USA is best deal for everyone then lol, should everyone be naturalized to USA NT? There is certianly a thing called CLUB, where players can CHOOSE. Simple as that.

• This topic is always getting out of hands.
    Naturalization topic has nothing to do with blood purity or whatever gaslighting you are trying to bring here.. nobody ever says that lol, but it’s 10th time that certain turkish bots are trying to make it seem like others are fashists by putting words into their mouth and discussing about something that was never said in the first place.

Especially towards some of the friendliest users here- VolleyOrange and jelena

There is a clear distinction between club and national team and playing for national team has nothing to do with “purity” or whatever you are trying to gaslight people into believing some ither are claiming. Simple, club is club, NT is NT.

There are certain requirements for a player to represent some country, some players can choose multiple countries based on where they were born, where they grew up or where their roots are.
    When you take that out of equation
    then any other further discussion about naturalization “tactics”, as it seems that’s how you see it, is looking more like club transfer season then the essence of what National team competition is supposed to be like.
    National team competitions is about countries and nations, not about where player should play or what is better for them.. hell, representing USA is best deal for everyone then lol, should everyone be naturalized to USA NT? There is certianly a thing called CLUB, where players can CHOOSE. Simple as that.

How convenient that you decide on the criteria by making Serbia's case legit🤣🤣

• The thing is you can choose country to represent based on few things in every sport:

Place of birth, where you lived part of your life, where yoir parents are from etc.. I find it very fair as some feel more connected to some country.

Gaslighting, missing the point of the subject, putting words in people’s mouth, failing to realise the point…

I might as wel stop opening those posts from blocked users once for all..

This topic is always getting out of hands.

When you take that out of equation then any other further discussion about naturalization “tactics”, as it seems that’s how you see it, is looking more like club transfer season then the essence of what National team competition is supposed to be like.

Dear Cofi

I understand that you seem inclined to use "gaslighting" frequently to justify your thoughts, particularly when assigning blame to a specific nationality (Turkish users, in every case). This is problematic, as it appears you may not have good intentions behind such usage.

The content of your paragraphs above actually fits the definition of gaslighting (besides the literal definition that you have put:lol:). I've highlighted two quotes from you regarding the same subject, wherein you alter the description of naturalization to justify your ideas. When I asked you initially how you concluded that Vargas does not feel connected to Türkiye, you chose to ignore it, seemingly because it contradicts your use of "gaslighting".

Therefore, here's a friendly word of advice: refrain from undermining yourself any further.

• Complete bullshit and thanks to Santa for explaining what gaslighting is.

Cofi, I would go into deeper discussions with you but our understanding of a nation is completely different and in my worldview, if you are supporting what Jelena and the other friendly user said, that makes you a dumb nationalist. You may think otherwise but the whole concept is awkward since we live on the same earth and borders and nations are all fluid concepts. Think of Soviet Union or more closely Serbia and Montenegro, now them having two different teams. However I will be surprised if you understand what I am trying to explain.

If you are only referring to obtaining a citizenship from a country is enough to represent them (which is supposed to be the norm in 2024 with globalization and people immigrating all over), that makes the case of Vargas and Aleksia completely normal. But if you are saying that they have to be something else, can't name it, that puts you in a very different position.

Maybe explain us your criteria so we move from there instead?

• wow so turkey tried to naturalize Haak

Wow how many attempts boskovic,haak,vargas,carutasu......

And you did a great job again, can I pay you for trolling other threads please? Never seen such a successful one for a while.

• My dear, you can fool yourself but not me. In this article is clearly written that Haak got the offer and she rejected it. Then you write this:

This smells like complete fake, since there is no question and clear indication such as when, by whom with no condition/detail (who knows, maybe I offered her) and according to this source, Türkiye is changing the current structure to play with 6 OPPs.

If she is the part of this game, then this is her worst performance, just before the international tournaments and before olympic games, aiming to demoralize and create question marks within our NT:read:

And you want to prove me that you talk about something different...

I don't want to mingle is these Turkish-Serbian discussion about naturalization and etc. I just dislike when opinions here try to deny, a player words, experience or knowledge.

Let's close the topic.

• Well dear, as I understood, the difference between you and me is; I always prefer to go with the culture, named 5 step verification, which is related to questioning, reasoning, understanding, concluding (resulting) with possible solution for any incident or claim and this is not denial of anything. You probably prefer to believe any claim about what you read or hear, without verifying.

Haak's case is just a claim with no detail, no background (as I previously questioned such as when, by whom, how etc). Our ongoing discussion here, took more time than any other sites or any sports news channel. The other point is, I have checked several sites and sources and only a few X accounts and STV talks about it (maybe I missed other few).

Once again, I have no intention to prove anything to anyone. I do not question anyone's point of view, judgement or decision. You may keep believing in what she or anyone claims. We cannot convince each other and yes the only thing I agree with you is that, since there is no end of it, "Let's close the topic",

• Honestly I’m a bit surprised to see Derya there, and Meliha excluded.. I think she had a good season with Fb, especially offensively (for her standards) and deserved a call

In my opinion you should not. The reason is that, even though I also like Meliha, she could not manage to reach at the level as the others did, except Derya however it would not be fair to compare their current performance (Meliha vs Derya), since Derya spent most of the season at Japan- with injury and after she re-joined to Vakıfbank, she didn't find much time to play, so any comparison could be biased.

Meliha was really great a defence, especially very talented and succesful in receiving with 51% positive but still, her success at offense can be considered not that high when compared with other OH's, scored only 1,61 points per set with 38% kill performance.

Lastly, I think that, since Santarelli had positive experience with Derya, he used his preference on her side. This doesn't mean, NT is closed to Meliha forever.

• In my opinion you should not. The reason is that, even though I also like Meliha, she could not manage to reach at the level as the others did, except Derya however it would not be fair to compare their current performance (Meliha vs Derya), since Derya spent most of the season at Japan- with injury and after she re-joined to Vakıfbank, she didn't find much time to play, so any comparison could be biased.

Meliha was really great a defence, especially very talented and succesful in receiving with 51% positive but still, her success at offense can be considered not that high when compared with other OH's, scored only 1,61 points per set with 38% kill performance.

Lastly, I think that, since Santarelli had positive experience with Derya, he used his preference on her side. This doesn't mean, NT is closed to Meliha forever.

I think that her exclusion after a good season basically means that. That she won't be returning to the NT, especially given that among those called up there are some with the same characteristics as her. On top of that, she's already 30 or 31.

• In my opinion you should not. The reason is that, even though I also like Meliha, she could not manage to reach at the level as the others did, except Derya however it would not be fair to compare their current performance (Meliha vs Derya), since Derya spent most of the season at Japan- with injury and after she re-joined to Vakıfbank, she didn't find much time to play, so any comparison could be biased.

I agree with you. I’m not saying she should go to Paris instead of Derya.. but be invited to the NT and get e chance to show if she’ll perform better and earn her spot

• I think that her exclusion after a good season basically means that. That she won't be returning to the NT, especially given that among those called up there are some with the same characteristics as her. On top of that, she's already 30 or 31.

Maybe true or maybe false. I don't think that, Santa has a prejudice mind set up. If she manages to improve her performance in the coming season and have more chance in FB roster as full timer, she can still have the chance to put on NT jersey and I sincerely believe in this. Age is important but not the 1st criteria.

• Honestly I’m a bit surprised to see Derya there, and Meliha excluded.. I think she had a good season with Fb, especially offensively (for her standards) and deserved a call

I agree with this but I think santarelli went for potential rather than current shape. Santarelli managed to get best out of Derya last summer as well although she didn't have a great club season