Italy - Serie A1 2015/16

• I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, but I'm surprised it happens now that the team seemed back on track: Luciano Pedulla was fired as coach of Novara; Marco Fenoglio is his successor.

Also the voices on Signorile's cut are strong again (source Gian Luca Pasini of Gazzetta), but the names of the possible substitute are either totally crazy (Skorupa) or not very probable (Ferretti, who, for what I know, is very happy where she is...but of course, never say never).

• I don't understand it really.. Pedullà is to me a really good coach, the team didn't start so well but is second in the league (and remember that Conegliano has to rest still).. I'm sorry for him! The team was getting better gradually, I don't know how positive the change of the coach and of some players will be. Oh and Fenoglio hasn't been training a female team in A1 for several years..

Pasini writes that the new setter may come from Brazil...Fernandinha?

• Pasini writes that the new setter may come from Brazil...Fernandinha?

If it is Fernandinha, then I feel so sorry...she is not better than Noemi at all

• If it is Fernandinha, then I feel so sorry...she is not better than Noemi at all

Fernandinha wrote on her FB months ago she retired since she can play no longer at her best because of some injuries, which caused her pain even outside the court.

• I don't understand it really.. Pedullà is to me a really good coach, the team didn't start so well but is second in the league (and remember that Conegliano has to rest still).. I'm sorry for him! The team was getting better gradually, I don't know how positive the change of the coach and of some players will be. Oh and Fenoglio hasn't been training a female team in A1 for several years..

Pasini writes that the new setter may come from Brazil...Fernandinha?

I think can be Carol Albuquerque, unlike Brazilian media wrote this season, she is open to play abroad.

• I think can be Carol Albuquerque, unlike Brazilian media wrote this season, she is open to play abroad.

She said herself in a tv show she did not want to go abroad, but maybe she's changed her mind.
    Sesi made a huge mistake by not keeping her.

• The biggest problem for Novara is OH, they need good OH who can score.

• I don't understand the drama. For me, Novara is performing very good at the league.

• Fernandinha wrote on her FB months ago she retired since she can play no longer at her best because of some injuries, which caused her pain even outside the court.

I know.. but she started to train in the french league but then quitted as she didn't have enough insurance of being followed.. maybe knowing the italian league well and as we are at the middle of the season, she changed her mind..

• Is Bethania De La Cruz free?

I think that She is. With her they would be strong for CL too.

They could transfer her and not Helena R., Malesevic and Transfer some stable reciver who is cheaper instead of Cruz.

Edit: And they can do that for next season. Fabris signed two year contract, MBs will stay, same thing with libero and setters. And try to keep Bosetti.

• Again, there probably is a reason why De La Cruz is free.

All those transfers made sense at the time. Just two months ago signing Maleševič seemed like a great idea after her excellent NT campaign. On paper the team seems very well balanced. Something backfired. Those things happen.
    Just like there's no apparent reason why the MB duo in Eczacibasi wouldn't rock the court, but for some reason it's not happening.

The president of Chemik Police said that they wanted Bethania but she couldn't sign the contract (probably because of her injury). I don't know if her injury is that serious or not but she's still free. If she was healthy, she would sign with some team.

All those transfers made sense at the time. Just two months ago signing Maleševič seemed like a great idea after her excellent NT campaign. On paper the team seems very well balanced. Something backfired. Those things happen.
    Just like there's no apparent reason why the MB duo in Eczacibasi wouldn't rock the court, but for some reason it's not happening.

I dont get why Malesevic is not doing good??? She did great at the World Cup and really helped Serbia in crucial moments.

I dont watch the games, but I noticed she is not a starter? why not??

• I

I think can be Carol Albuquerque, unlike Brazilian media wrote this season, she is open to play abroad.

I have not heard anything about Carol playing in Italy, the last I heard of hear she retired in September,
    But I think is unlikely she would play overseas once she is 38 years old

• Bethania will start training soon, DR coach said she won't be ready for OG qualification but she should start training in January. There is some interview with him it's worth to read ;)