European Championships 2011

• After first match Barbolini said it's a tactical choice and not because of her injury. Maybe Barbolini wants to confuse opponents with 3 OHs in reception so they don't know which one to target ;)

Because Barbolini tries everyway to leave Ortolani out the court.... so he chhose to play with 3 OH saying it will help Leonardi because she is not at her 100%

well, I thought its because of that injury, and why he wants Ortolani out? thanks for your explanation :)

• Nobody knows because he prefer before Gioli and now Costagrande to Otrolani!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• congratulations to italy, they played extreme game tonight and deversed to semifinal. dutch girls also played well but italy did extra things on block and deffence organisations. gioli and delcore played amazing. they will play in russia next year in the same team but ı am worried about their performance in russia, there is no lo bianco... she is great setter and plays very very fast... blocking is really difficult for her fast sets... and both libero were great ...

if ı were Mr. Selinger ı would prefer to play with vensink as a spiker without recieve instead of lonneke... grotues and van tienen got recieve together many times when lonneke was on court.

flier - visser - vensink( ı know she has an injury)
    grotues-hurmann-laura
    van tienen

• Nobody knows because he prefer before Gioli and now Costagrande to Otrolani!

thanks , just till now she was the only Opp in the team since Centoni and Tai left the team and now there is no good Opp left :S

• Guys, what a match!! :obey:

I loved it!! of course the fact we won totally helped me to love this match, :cheesy: but I also think that Dutch girls played quite well, for example even if they lost they played 1000 times better than how Russia did today... There were long rallies, defenses (I love you're libero, both in defense and reception!), blocks, pipes, and not many mistake (well, the errors increased after the first two sets, but still I didn't have the impression that they gave us presents...)

It was in general really high volleyball level, I apreciate it a lot!

And I'm so so proud of our Italian girls (exept for that moment in the 3rd set when we let Ned smash the ball three times in a row after our bad reception...), if we play all togheter and with such determination we can do everything! :rose: :box:

But I agree with you, I would let Leonardi receive, I'm loving her :heart: , and after all if she'll be in trouble, Carolina will be ready to take her place for the next action. (I kinda have the impression that Barbolini trust more Costagrande than Leonardi in reception...

Leo :love:

Simona :love:

Vale :love:

• It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• Leo played great match ! :) but not only in setting but her digs, that was awsome !
    and I like Vale's performance today also, maybe not the best in attack, but she was blocking very well :win:

• Leo played great match ! :) but not only in setting but her digs, that was awsome !

I agree with you! :cup:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.

• congratulations to italy !!! it was a very nice game !!! i am hoping for a rematch in the finals between italy and turkey :box: :box: if turkey keeps playing like this and with such a system than it will be a great match

• if ı were Mr. Selinger ı would prefer to play with vensink as a spiker without recieve instead of lonneke... grotues and van tienen got recieve together many times when lonneke was on court.

Sloetjes is an opposite..she can't receive..so indeed Grothues and van Tienen did receiving..

Wensink isn't a strong OH..so I wouldn't do that.

• I think Germany can win this Euro Championship

Turkey is playing good Volley 2. Neriman Ozsoy is good in reception and she supports well Darnel in offence!
    Would be interesting female semis - Germany - Turkey - Italy and Poland :)Maybe Poland will play in the final with GER ;) - that would be great !!!

• Gruen is back, and her teammates have improved a lot since the last time she appeared in NT..
    So Gruen + good team = Very good team, very balanced and with many attack options.
    Angelina really makes the difference, she is a Magnificent, one of the most talented and endowed volleyball players ever. Wow

• Gruen is back, and her teammates have improved a lot since the last time she appeared in NT..
    So Gruen + good team = Very good team, very balanced and with many attack options.
    Angelina really makes the difference, she is a Magnificent, one of the most talented and endowed volleyball players ever. Wow

I agree but Angelina is not receiving well as she used to. I guess she needs more time but it's clear the difference she makes for German NT.

• I think Germany should beat CZE in QF, but if Italy plays like today we will have very little chance in semifinal. I hope we can at least get Bronze Medal, it would be a great success :)

Yes, but one question: What do you think, will Grun change club now after this fantastic performance? I mean, if she plays like this (she will probably be even better soon) she is WAY to good for Bundesliga, and if they qualify for Olympics for example, it will of course be better for her to play in a better league to get in best possible shape for that?! And obviously, she can earn much more money there to, and get a chance to win big titles. And I think almost every club in the world wants her. For example Dinamo Kazan have one room for one more foreigner I think, and probably they can pay her a great amount of money.

I really want to see her in Champions League :) The best european players should play there !

• Gizem is digger libero and Gulden as reciever wow great idea :super:

As I categorize before :roll:

BTW the ones who claim Turkey's win over is not fair and well-deserved woul change their mind after match :whistle:

And Leonardi is such a great digger that Merlo and Cardullo can not take back their slot easily :box:

• Yes, but one question: What do you think, will Grun change club now after this fantastic performance? I mean, if she plays like this (she will probably be even better soon) she is WAY to good for Bundesliga, and if they qualify for Olympics for example, it will of course be better for her to play in a better league to get in best possible shape for that?! And obviously, she can earn much more money there to, and get a chance to win big titles. And I think almost every club in the world wants her. For example Dinamo Kazan have one room for one more foreigner I think, and probably they can pay her a great amount of money.

I really want to see her in Champions League :) The best european players should play there !

Angelina played on the highest level for quite a long time. I think one reason, she switched over to beachvolley was, that she was simply tired an burned out. Now in Alemannia Aachen she has a fine small club with an enthusiastic crowd and even her boy-friend lives next door in Dueren. Maybe thats exactly what she needs at the moment to be happy and play successful volleyball?