World Cup 2011

• Congratulations to Germany! They were able to keep it together mentally in the decisive moments in the 1st and 3rd sets when things were very close. The win has to do even more for their growing confidence. It still amazes me how quickly Grun has adjusted back to the indoor game after being away for so long and how much of an impact she's had on the level of the team. The US had its worst passing match thus far giving up 9 reception errors. Credit goes to Germany for being able to put service pressure on the Americans and neutralize the offensive capabilities of their middles. Larson also had a bad match offensively and without the middles and Larson, Hooker and Tom just weren't enough in the end. Would have liked to see the Americans push the match to 5 to at least pick up a point but all is not lost at this point. They're still second in the tournament and I feel like being undefeated in a tournament adds unnecessary pressure and it's better they lose now than in the end. Italy is leading the tournament, but they haven't played the big dogs yet. They have Serbia and Brazil next round, let's see if they can keep their lead. Germany and USA have an easy 3rd round against the DR, Algeria, and Argentina. I expect that both teams get 3 points from each match. The 4th and final round is looking like where it will all come down to with Germany and USA playing China, Italy, and Japan. Brazil has some major work to do if they want to catch up.

• So USA, Brazil and Germany shall be first in London if of course Germany doesn't play like Gernya in the next matches.

• Everything can happen

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Anyone know where I can watch played games online?
    I'm in Asia, can't watch any games as they were played during my office hour...

• Anyone know where I can watch played games online?
    I'm in Asia, can't watch any games as they were played during my office hour...

i watch the games DURING office hours..... i'm so bad.... i can't help it....... :woohoo: :rolll: :dance6:

• Go Italy & Germany :super: Serbia has a quite successful tournament too even the lack of main players but i think they have less thance than ITA & GER.GO GO Europeans :heart:

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Happy for Germany! Congratulations! :heart:

• my top 3 are USA, Italy and Germany :rose: after tonigts match they showed that they want to go to london aswell. so i hope they keep concentrated on matches and stay in top 3

• I'm actually rooting for 2 European teams (along with the USA of course ;)) to qualify. That way they'll be more European spots in the OG which undoubtedly will raise the level of play as well as that way Brazil will have to qualify at the South American Continental Champs and be the only team from the region that makes it and to be completely honest they are the only team that deserves to make it to the Olympics. Italy's record up to this point doesn't really mean much considering they haven't played Serbia, Brazil, USA or Germany yet. It's possible they could come out 0-4 against those teams, but I'm hoping that they won't!

• Im happy for Italy, but Im afraid for the fact they didnt meet a very strong team yet, and will have a very hard sequence with Brasil, USA, Germany and Serbia still to come.

I'm afraid too, but on the other hand I have to say that we are playing good, with a new spirit compare to the ECh, so we can hope for the best :)

Great job Noemi!!!! I'm so glad she played the whole match and won the MVP at her first chance as titoular in the NT, like Caterina yesterday! I'm also very happy that Caterina had another opportunities, and that Sirressi and Barcellini played too!! :rolll: :rolll:

my top 3 are USA, Italy and Germany

:flower: :flower:

Agree!

GERMANY!!!! Fantastic!!!

• My favourites are Italy and USA

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

• I think they are only 5 team who is capable to take London ticket (USA, BRA, SRB, GER, ITA) I don't count asian teams real favourites.

USA: They beat BRA and SRB. Third round will be really easy. But in 4th round, they may lose points even if they wouldn't beaten since CHN, JPN and Italy are not easy opponents. If they lose 4-5 points more, there is still a chance of losing London ticket and 3 spot for European teams.

BRA:
    They lost 5 critical points and still there is CHN, ITA and JPN which also can beat Brasil in 3rd round. 3-4 point lost would make them out of London chance from World Cup.

SRB: They take 2 important points from GER and BRA. There is stil a chance to receive London ticket if they beat 2 of ITA,CHN and JPN

GER: lost to BRA but outclass SRB and USA. If they win all of their rest matches they will win World Cup and their way is crossed with CHN, JPN and ITA which are not as much as powerful USA

ITA:Italy still proove nothing only win over JPN and CHN moreover they lost 1 point to CHN. So SRB has more chance than them in my opinion. But they have enough power and motivated young players such as Bosetti sisters, Signorile and Sirressi.

All in all, CHN and JPN is not favourite of tournament but the result of their matches with the favourites will determine who would take Olympic spots.

As European person, my desire is loosing of USA and BRA :box: I know it is really little chance to lost of both teams but still there is a chance of that 3 European teams will take all spots :obey: So Both Russia and Turkey (even Poland) may take place in Olympic Games. Wouldn't be more fair? :drink: You know, USA and BRA will always have a chance to go to London thanks to their weak continent. :whistle:

• As European person, my desire is loosing of USA and BRA :box: I know it is really little chance to lost of both teams but still there is a chance of that 3 European teams will take all spots :obey: So Both Russia and Turkey (even Poland) may take place in Olympic Games. Wouldn't be more fair? :drink: You know, USA and BRA will always have a chance to go to London thanks to their weak continent. :whistle:

Wooo :P I even don't think about it :) It would be more than good if 2 European Teams qualify :woohoo:

• I totaly agree

• Lenka Dürr says she is extremely proud that Guidetti trusted her to play against the USA and that it was the most important and most enjoyable match she ever played with NT :)
    I really hope Guidetti will keep using her in the important matches. Tzscherlich has done very much for German volleyball and I haven't forgotten that, but I just think Lenka is better now. She played incredible against USA, especially in reception which used to be a bit weaker than her defense but not any more. In the two matches where Tzscherlich played (BRA and SRB) we had problems, with Lenka as libero we haven't lost a set yet ;)

• Volleywood has posted my advanced stats for the first three matches.
    http://www.volleywood.net/voll…orld-cup-stats-by-jeremy/

Great job :thumbsup:

Lenka Dürr says she is extremely proud that Guidetti trusted her to play against the USA and that it was the most important and most enjoyable match she ever played with NT :)
    I really hope Guidetti will keep using her in the important matches. Tzscherlich has done very much for German volleyball and I haven't forgotten that, but I just think Lenka is better now. She played incredible against USA, especially in reception which used to be a bit weaker than her defense but not any more. In the two matches where Tzscherlich played (BRA and SRB) we had problems, with Lenka as libero we haven't lost a set yet ;)

Today I had chance to see Germany - USA on TV and I was impressed, how good Lenka played 8o . I wonder why Guidetti gave her only few chances to play ?( :thumbdown: . She deserves to be 1st libero, although Tzscherlich is good and experienced player.

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game