2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• Right that's why taking the 2 "best" 2nd is not fair

If CEV wants to keep this format for next qualification (what definitely isn't the best), they should at least pick all 2nd ranked teams, build a new pool and let them play each other for the last two spots.

• Now Antiga Coach of the decade is giving interview unfortunately He can't say Belgijki.

• congrats Sander...i thought you were about to have a heartattack again :lol:

Thanks ^^ ^^

As I said, after 2nd set, I thought it was over...but the girls kept fighting, Croatia's level dropped a bit and especially Manon was there :win: She showed she is still there, after some poor seasons.

Playing the WCH is very important for our young roster (the same for Belgian girls). Hopefully we will see Sloetjes, Stam and Wensink back next year in NT. With those girls, we will have a very balanced roster :)

• That's definitely necessary if Serbia doesn't want to head the same direction as Italy and Poland by relying on aging stars for too long. Serbia always gets good results on Junior level so there should be plenty of talent around!

We always seem to be stuck in some vacuum where there are lots of talented players, but still too young, and when they grow up they don't turn out quite as expected, so we wait for the next generation, and so on.
    What we do need right now is a stable receiver, and that should be Jelena Blagojevic. Hope she gets selected.

• Congrats to the qualified teams and their fans! It's sad see Poland and Czech Republic out but I think their preparation wasn't the best... These tournaments have been a good chance to watch some new teams/faces... A new time for most of the NT and a road that will continue in May/June with ECH qualification.

• I hope the World Championships will be great even if some beloved players and stars won't be there !
    And best wishes for Italy NT 8o

• You are the one who is ignorant! Bosnian and Serbian has different languages from the same family. Naming them as one language is like saying Czech and Slavokian language is same. Also there are many Bosnian who are orthodox.

:offtopic:

You are wrong, Bosnian language is something new, before it was Serbian language, after war became Bosnian or how they official called it Bosnjacki. So "Bosnian" and Serbian are same languages, small difference is just in dialect, I believe that in Turkey you can find different dialects as well. Just you two are commenting something that is not your stronger side, no hard feelings

• Everything's clear now. Congrats to Turkey, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Azerbaijan, Serbia and The Netherlands

I'm really really sorry for Poland. They managed to play a great volleyball in the last 2 matches but their opponent today was so much stronger. Belcik was completely horrible so was Wolosz. Well technically she was a bit better than Belcik but it wasn't enough to make a better game. If Skorupa existed, the match would have been different I assume...at least she could have made her teammates play better. I don't think it's all on Makowski but if Poland really want to get back to the high level they used to get, they obviously need a better coach that sees volleyball in many different views and is brave enough to let young players play. I was extremely happy to older polish players back such as Glinka, Dziekiewicz but it's time to give young players chances. Smarzek, Grejman, Kurnikowska, Kaliszuk, Wojcik and obviously Kakolewska for instance. I heard Kasia may end her career on NT...I know how sad this is, but I sort of understand why she does feel that right now. I think Tore Aleksandersen is the right coach for Polish NT, but who knows they may call another polish man :wavy:

About Czech Republic - What in god's name is Parisi thinking? skipping WCH and doing something else? Does anyone know what he's planning to do? I would be happy seeing Poland and Czech Republic in stead of Azerbaijan anyway. Poor Havelkova and Havlickova...we won't see them in a big and important world-wide tournament.

• We always seem to be stuck in some vacuum where there are lots of talented players, but still too young, and when they grow up they don't turn out quite as expected, so we wait for the next generation, and so on.
    What we do need right now is a stable receiver, and that should be Jelena Blagojevic. Hope she gets selected.

So true, Blagojevic definitely deserves to be play regularly for Serbia, but she was not even in the roster for WGP or ECH last year. I only hope Terzic sees sense enough to pick her for WCH.

• Total Azeri Volleyball is a huge shame for the image of volleyball !!!

Clubs, Federation, Referees and last but not least the announcer in the gym :hit: :hit: :hit:

Also the gym is so embarrassing... can't still believe CL matches are played in such a gym like that.

• You are wrong, Bosnian language is something new, before it was Serbian language, after war became Bosnian or how they official called it Bosnjacki. So "Bosnian" and Serbian are same languages, small difference is just in dialect, I believe that in Turkey you can find different dialects as well. Just you two are commenting something that is not your stronger side, no hard feelings

The point what I opposed to was that sick perspective making correlations between religion and enthnicity :down: Besides I don't count on what you are saying neither since most of my Bosnian friends clearly states that they have a different language than Serbian

Back to the topic, it is finally time to make big generation change for Poland as NED, RUS and BUL have done before. Fortunately they have a very good youth generation. Belgium girls won European Youth Championship in Rotterdam in 2009 (Van Hecke, Heyrman, Van De Vyver) Previous generation reached 4th place in 2007 with Courtois, Aelbrecht, Rousseux and Wittock. However evenetually they reach the real success only in 2013 so Poland has to be patient and invest more on that golden generation especially Smarzek and Damaske are great prospects

• The point what I opposed to was that sick perspective making correlations between religion and enthnicity :down: Besides I don't count on what you are saying neither since most of my Bosnian friends clearly states that they have a different language than Serbian

You may not like it, I don't either, but for Bosnia it is true. The great majority of Orthodox Christians identify themselves as Serbs, as do Catholics as Croats and Muslims as Bosniaks. It's just the way it is.
    There are also some (less than 5% of the population) who identify themselves as Bosnians, and those are mostly from ethnically mixed marriages.

As for the language, what was one language before 1991 (Serbo-Croatian) are now 4 languages, Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian and Montenegrin. That was purely for political reasons. Mutual understanding between them is 100%.

• Well talking about the so-called too numerous European countries (on the contrary it looks marvelous according to me)

i was being a little facetious of course, i know that there are so many "new" euro countries after the breakup of the soviet bloc.

as for czech, no, they're not the korea of europe! not yet.

(sorry this is very late, have not caught up with all the news yet.)

• sorry, just catching up… so poland is out? there's no further playoffs then?

i guess poland is the korea of europe then!

No, Czech Republic is rather much more like "Korea" of Europe. Poland called their best players but got beat up by Belgium so couldn't make it to WCH but as for Czech Republic, it's all a different story. Havelkova is out for a serious injury but no Monzoni no Pluchotova, no Jasova, no Muhlsteinova, no Rossi...now everyone sees what their coach is thinking.

• Korea defeated by Kazakhstan was definitely greater surprise because Belgium is playing on good level :thumbup:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• No, Czech Republic is rather much more like "Korea" of Europe. Poland called their best players but got beat up by Belgium so couldn't make it to WCH but as for Czech Republic, it's all a different story. Havelkova is out for a serious injury but no Monzoni no Pluchotova, no Jasova, no Muhlsteinova, no Rossi...now everyone sees what their coach is thinking.

hmm, Parisi´s contract finished on 31.12.2013 (they only make agreemnet with him for this quali) and somehow I think they maybe will not renove it :whistle: still think it was H&H work he became coach of NT