2014 FIVB World Championship - Italy - 9/23

• "with this performance"
    Funny how everybody loves this expression. Of course anyone can beat anyone. Every match is a new match

?(

Did Emil say anything wrong??

I don't think so.

• OK Karch...you wait until NOW you put Robinson in... :down:

I think Robinson cannot save it either. Italian women (Only MBs and Diouf can be called girls hah) are so experienced, especially with Lo Bianco and Ferreti who are way much better than Glass.

• USA volleyball should fire Kiraly right now, after the match. He does just nothing.

The most incredibile aspect is that I didn't watch the team in the last 3 months and they keep looking worse and worse match by match. What a waste of talented players! This team in Lang Ping's hands would rule the world!

• ?(

Did Emil say anything wrong??

I don't think so.

No, I just find it obvious.
    Korea and Bulgaria have beaten Brazil in recent years. I remember Thailand haas beaten Russia not so long ago...
    US lost a set to Mexico a few days ago
    So many things can happen... :wavy:

• Hahaha, I was just about to mention that!

• What a game by the "Azzurre"
    so
    :obey: all the team

• About Kiraly, he isn't a great tactical coach and isn't the best at making in-match adjustments. By set 3 timeouts, he's talking more about motivation than strategy.

Back to the drawing board. They need to be much better prepared against Russia.

About Kiraly, he isn't a great tactical coach and isn't the best at making in-match adjustments. By set 3 timeouts, he's talking more about motivation than strategy.

Fully agree :drink:
    As vs China, Italy made a great strategic game today and US players got a lot of bad surprises :dance6:

• About Kiraly, he isn't a great tactical coach and isn't the best at making in-match adjustments. By set 3 timeouts, he's talking more about motivation than strategy.

He isn't a coach. He does nothing. NOTHING. Everybody can be a coach if it's all about motivating the team! But it isn't. The team with the best coach is gonna win. So I would bet Brazil will crash everybody until the end.

• He isn't a coach. He does nothing. NOTHING. Everybody can be a coach if it's all about motivating the team! But it isn't. The team with the best coach is gonna win. So I would bet Brazil will crash everybody until the end.

Let's say he's not a great in-match coach. I'm not a big fan of him for sure (and not a little one either) but we don't see what he does with the team in the gym. I don't agree with the system he forces upon the team, but it's his idea of volleyball and time will tell whether he's right or wrong about it.

The funny thing is: the purpose of playing a fast offense is to tear the opponent's block apart. Italy got 9 block points. Italy often played quite high balls in attack. USA got 2 block points (and one of them was against Arrighetti). Quite ironic. It shows that individual abilities of the attackers are more important than the system. Del Core and Costagrande got so many blockouts whereas American attackers got blocked and defended all the time because they were doing the same shots all the time and Italy could figure them out easily.

• Tomorrow's match between Russia and USA will be interesting to say the least. Russia has not played 3 days since the win against Serbia, while USA has not lost three consecutive matches in this tournament. Fetisova is sure to play starter now so block should be better for the Russians which was non-existent in their first meeting.

• Let's say he's not a great in-match coach. I'm not a big fan of him for sure (and not a little one either) but we don't see what he does with the team in the gym. I don't agree with the system he forces upon the team, but it's his idea of volleyball and time will tell whether he's right or wrong about it.

The funny thing is: the purpose of playing a fast offense is to tear the opponent's block apart. Italy got 9 block points. Italy often played quite high balls in attack. USA got 2 block points (and one of them was against Arrighetti). Quite ironic. It shows that individual abilities of the attackers are more important than the system. Del Core and Costagrande got so many blockouts whereas American attackers got blocked and defended all the time because they were doing the same shots all the time and Italy could figure them out easily.

Almost nothing to add. Good strategic analysis :drink:
    Just one point : if US couldn't do that, Italian players knew how to make various attacks especially del Core and Centoni.
    Regarding Nadia, Bonitta, as Yan Fang, has to be patient because it's a player who can start a game slowly, but she's great (Hello Barbo ;) )

• Almost perfect game by Brazil :cheesy: Jaqueline is in such a great shape after comeback 8o and Brazilian MBs are just like a pair from dreams, espeically Thaisa :obey: probably the only disadvantage is performance by Sheilla...

Chinese team was just bland in the background of Brazil, match with Dominicans will be the key. I hope that Dominican Republic can play like in previous phases :roll:

Italians won their games by using their experience in key moments of game and their strong and deep roster only helps in achieving goals :thumbup: they should advance together with Brazil into SF without any doubts

Americans are losing her head and their system could work better... spiking performance is disappointment :whistle: Russia has chances to beat them, I wonder if Pasynkova is ready to play...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Ihave no words really, no words! Italy is playing better and better, showing always more maturity. Tonight Del Core has been syuperlative,my MVP! She is showing all her maturity, all her experience and determination, what a player! Lo Bianco...my idol, nothing to add! Great, great come on...let's go on like this! :box:

Tomorrow interesting match between Russia and USA...I don't really how who is favourite, to me it will go to the fifth!

• well, unfort. for both US and CHN, they now have their backs against the wall, although less so for CHN. there's 0% chance that DOM will beat BRA, so CHN only needs to beat them, even if by 3-2. of course, DOM will be a dangerous and worthy opponent and they are capable of making to the semis.

US now need to beat RUS, and hope ITA also beats RUS. this is partly why i hate this 3rd round system. if US beats RUS 3-2, then ITA will be able to choose whom to take to the semis in their last match, even by deliberately losing.

if they had gone into a QF after 2nd round, then we'd have ITA x SER, BRA x JPN, CHN x RUS, DOM x USA...