2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• I expect Japan to go through the final round. Brazil eliminated.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Exactly! Like i said earlier if Brazil won all their games, they wouldn’t be on this situation! Its them that they put themselves in this! People here already spread hatred to other teams! Just not right!:win:

it’s disgusting to Get all the benefits while playing victims. It won’t be that situation if ur team have any spirit

• Theoretically they can: two teams of the same second phase pool will be playing together in the final 6 pool.

So if both Italy and Serbia will top their pools, Japan would necessarily meet one of them (and only one), but the draw will decide which one.

If Japan is in the same group with Serbia, they cannot play Netherlands again, and considering Japan almost defeated Netherlands in the first round.

Well just a speculation^^

• Serbia disgusts me.

When will this person get banned from the forum?

I don't approve what Serbia did from a sportmanship perspective at all but this language is not how you talk here and this is not the first time s/he is doing it.

Btw, I feel sorry for Brazil. To be honest, they did not put a good performance so far in the tournament and I also understand Terzic willing to rest his players and saving them from injuries for the rest of the tournament. But still, it looks disrespectful to the volleyball fans like us who were expecting to watch a good match and instead watched Serbia subs against Japan in such a critical match.

• Could someone explain me why Serbia should have played with their best line-up/strength during the whole match? Why? For the sake of not being pointed out as "shady"? For the fans who went to see another performance (we already watched some days ago how many teams played subs in the third round of the Men's WCH when the audience was expecting tight matches).

They owned the right to make their best players rest when there were missing 2 matches. It is a long tournment, they are already one player down...why should they force their players?

It isnt Serbia's fault that Japan and Brazil are in this situation. These both teams had their own fate in their hands. First, Brazil blew up 4 match points against Germany and then lost one set against Mexico (yes, that set is also a heavy loss for the southamericans). Then, Japan lost 2 sets against Dominican Republic when they were in the way of a 3-0 victory.

Those teams should blame themselves, not Serbia. After the first set, we watched they lacked of motivation, while Japan was tring their best (specially Nagaoka). Japan isnt a bad team who couldnt beat Serbia subs without help. However, I do think that they cant match Serbia best line-up.

I know that the ghost of the 2012 World Qualification Tournment can be present. But in that case, the 3-2 result for Japan helped both teams. Now not.

• I couldn’t agree more! :drink:

• Excellent post my friend :obey:

• Greetings to everyone.

Well, Serbia repaid debt (with resting Boskovic and some other players in the forth set and playing with a little less effort) for 2012 when was in big problems (Serbia needs good relations with strong Japan's volleyball federation). Now when that is settled, the next time will be quite different story and Japan shouldn't expect anything easier.Brazil is only collateral damage, nobody hates them or has fear from them (obviously they aren't to strong now). We saw situations like this many times in the past in many occasions.But this hasn't any connection with 2016 OI qualification (like someone mentioned) and Serbian men's national team, I don't understand those nonsense and especially that DNA talk.

• and tomorrow SRB has another chance to help another team, NED. not saying that’s the intent but they can again go half-strength.

in the other pool, ITA can also help USA but i doubt CHN wants to do RUS any favors.

I wouldn't be surprised if the score will be 3:0 for Serbia (there is some chance for that), because Serbia hasn't any debts to Netherlands.But only if all starters would play for Serbia which probably wouldn't the case.Boskovic will play probably but somebody else probably not (Ognjenovic or Mihajlovic), so Netherlands will take set at least.

• Well now. I only saw from the middle of the second set to the middle of the third set because the BRA v NED match took too much out of me. That was a peak volleyball experience!

Even though Japan won the second set it looked to me that Serbia was controlling the game. It didn't look in any way that they were going easy or trying to lose. They were killing the ball and Japan was playing Japanese defense. Japan couldn't kill anything though against the Serbian block. I don't know how you let another team win at this level of volleyball. But I dunno.

Coach Nakada should have countered the Serbians and put in Uchiseto and Shimimura :rolll:

The only way out of this is 3-0 tomorrow. Either way.

• According to Serbian's team coach, Tijana Boskovic has some abdominal muscle injury and she didn't play today because of that.We will see tomorrow if she would play and how serious is that injury (probably not to much).

I am sure she is relatively OK and she could have played. But the question is: why take a risk?

• I don't know what you guys are talking about.. this was a meaningless match for Serbia, of course they are gonna rest Boskovic.. I was actually surprised they didn't rest Mihajlovic too since they get soooo many sets every match.

I'm also not very happy with this formula.. Brazil possibly going home, and having Japan in the top 6, and we all know they clearly don't belong there right now..