Italy - Serie A1 2015/16

• Don't know why but I really don't like what Ognjenovic became. Her self confidence or lets say her ego is far beyond anyone and it is indeed disturbing to watch her at times. That last point was smart but I guess I was not the online expecting her to get blocked back at the face :hit:

• Don't know why but I really don't like what Ognjenovic became. Her self confidence or lets say her ego is far beyond anyone and it is indeed disturbing to watch her at times. That last point was smart but I guess I was not the online expecting her to get blocked back at the face :hit:

Yes, I share your view. I adore Ognjenovic and I think she played a great game today, but sometimes she's just sooo over the top.

• Yes, I share your view. I adore Ognjenovic and I think she played a great game today, but sometimes she's just sooo over the top.

I agree. That's what I tried to say before. She thinks she is doing magic all the time... and she always wants to finish matches with her "smart" moves...

• Btw congrats to Piacenza! I'm surprised that Bergamo could not lay Meijners down with their serves. Last year she was wiping the floors in most matches she played with GsD, it can be because of the ball but watching her receiving like this means Bergamo did a bad job in serves. Not sure why their coach insisted on Plak either, if you receive with 2 players anyway, Sylla looked like a better option. I really liked the opposites both Barun and Sorokaite :win:

• Not sure why their coach insisted on Plak either,

I couldn't believe my eyes. She destroyed the team in the last two sets. I can't believe she was in the court for so much time...awful

• I can't believe Piacenza made it to te finals with such weak game. The roster itself is not bad on paper, but Meijners has been bad, Marcon nowhere to be found in attack, Bauer was not what they hoped for when they signed her, Sorokaite up and down, but mostly down.. So many better teams were eliminated IMO like Pomi, Montichiari, Scandicci.. However congrats

• Wow, this is first, for a setter to actually be criticized for being confident, creative and smart on the match points.. Maja had great game, using all her players, and they won.
    Suggesting that anyone knows what Maja thinks is even more amazing..

Great game, but Bergamo lost energy at the end. Looking forward for the finale.

• I don't understand the critisms about Maja. She is such a good setter. Her sets are smooth and on the mark her hitters just need to hit the ball right. And if she wants to get the kill at match point good for her. Bauer is a good player. She had a decent game and is an asset to the team. She looked a little winded tonight. Sorokaite played very well and she is and up and down player but she was there when no one really had it going. I'm looking forwards to the finals. I love Italian Volleyball they are passionate about the game.

• Maja's main goal inside court is always to see her attackers hit the ball with a single or no block at all....she will do everything for that to happen, it is what gives her joy in the game....to see the happiness in their teammates face after balls like that.....so, she will keep doing that. She will force some balls sometimes, but its all part of a bigger game plan...

and I love her for that. She is not afraid to be bold. She can't make it perfect all the time, no player does, would not be different for her...but she is there, trying to make something different, and I think we are lucky to be able to see that fresh game...Its never boring with her.

• I also don't have any problems with Maja. She's just confident and wants to finish the match when being given a chance. Is that really too much? :what:

• I'm really sorry Bergamo lost yesterday and ended their season as I cheer for Foppa since I started following volley...anyway it has been a great season, at least in the second part, since the final four of the cup when they started to play really well. Piacenza had to suffer for their spot in the final, bergamo didn't have good answers from Plak and Sylla as in the first two matches, and they didn't play that great in defense as they did in the second match. Congratulations to Piacenza, solid and organized work.

I'm curious to see what Bergamo will do next season: I'd personally keep Barun Lo Bianco Cardullo and Gennari, I'd search for a more solid OH as Sylla and Plak can have monster games but then play really badly right after. They also need a solid (and younger MB :whistle: ) along side Albrecht.

Looking forward for the final, but I clearly see Conegliano favorite if they keep up their fast and concrete game!

• Brakocevic is on the bench of Conegliano :huh: ?

• When I saw her I was like...is that really her? so i had to go on the website and make it was her.

by the way...VASILANTONAKI ANTHI, is playing really well, I havent been watching any of Conegliano`s matches so I never seen her, but I like her.

Brakocevic is on the bench of Conegliano :huh: ?

• I agree with you...Is very unlikely that Piacenza will win this match today consedering they just played this sunday...and last time Conegliano played was like 1 week ago....

Who came up with such stupid schedule? The regular season seemed to drag on forever, while the play-off series is so crammed that the matches are played day after day.

• Bauer for me is one of the biggest disappointments of recent years. I mean, I'm not saying she's not good, she totally is, very good in fact, but I was sure she was going to become one of the monster MBs like Thaisa, Rašić, Poljak or Akinradewo, and it hasn't happened.