Italy - Serie A1 2018/19

• Well done Novara! After they lost that 11-14 lead and struggled getting a MP for a while I thought they had lost the match but when you have Egonu in your team I guess you can never expect a match to be lost until the final whistle blows. All I can say is... Out of this world! :rolll:

:super:

• It now becomes a little boring for Conegliano and Novara: playing for the remainder of the season always each other, in final series A1 and CL super finals in Berlin :) .

• It now becomes a little boring for Conegliano and Novara: playing for the remainder of the season always each other, in final series A1 and CL super finals in Berlin :) .

Worst case scenario 7 matches against each other XD thats close to half a league season...

• Haak performance really droped this season.

I mean She is still very good but last season She was great as Egonu but now her performance is not that good. She failed many time, She didn’t help Scandicci against Fener, now again.

Anyway good luck to her, I hope this is not her last season in Seria A, good in Turkish league ! :heart:

I really don’t know why Scandicci signed Kosheleva for few points, even for this short time She was not cheap at all. They are literally throwing away money...

• Yeah, the Kosheleva signing is really weird in hindsight. Unless they're planning on keeping her for the next season, it was really a waste of money.

I'm glad that Novara won, mainly because I don't think either of those two teams would physically survive another match in such short time. The final series is probably going to be a blowout anyway, but had Novara and Scandicci played another gruelling 5-setter, they might have as well given Conegliano a walkover.

• Poor Stefana, she could have shined a lot in attack through the season with another setter. Even though I like Carlini, she's definitely not fond of using her middle and that bores me. For me she's a younger version of Zivkovic, solid but not really amusing to watch.

• Both Carlini and Malinov played quite bad. I was expecting much more than this by Malinov especially after WCH.

I found her overrated back then as well, some people were acting as if she was all that and I remember saying I was sure she'd flop in club season... :whistle::lol: The thing is she had Egonu, Sylla, Danesi who simply did not miss any chance to score that tournament and a great libero to pass her well like de Gennaro so her life was super easy imo.

• I think some of you already have mentioned regarding the overall setters performance in Serie A and I completely agree with that. Aside from Wolosz I don't think there's anyone that deserves a positive mention. Malinov played better last season, Carlini not really convincing either. Hancock in my opinion played solid including her amazing spike serves. Orro, Dijkema, Cambi and the others from weaker teams didn't impress me at all. If you'd ask me the biggest disappointment was Radenkovic who used to be a pretty good one many years ago.

Finding a good setter these days is a hard job and all the good ones you'd immediately name are getting old, say, Ognjenovic, Lloyd, oops I can't even name more. Good for Italy though, Malinov who's supposed to lead her country for ten years (or even longer) is turning ONLY 23 this year.

• Hancock's performance this season is like a more creative version of Carlini's. She was playing solidly but her distribution is somewhat questionable especially to the middles. Or maybe it was just poor connection?

I really like Hancock. She has fire and very athletic. If her sets to the middles improves she would be a shoe in for Tokyo 2020.

• Finding a good setter these days is a hard job and all the good ones you'd immediately name are getting old, say, Ognjenovic, Lloyd, oops I can't even name more. Good for Italy though, Malinov who's supposed to lead her country for ten years (or even longer) is turning ONLY 23 this year.

Even Lloyd is not playing great recently, the best setter in Brazil this season has been Macris by far. But yes, I agree that the number of great setters seems to have dropped sadly.

Naz will be back soon though. :dance4:

• Skorupa played great in Pomi, you can say whatever you want about her but She literally changed Pomi and make them way better team. She is right behind Wolosz.

• Since the Bosman sentence, valid for all teams sports in the EU, not just soccer, it is forbidden to limit EU foreigners in rosters. So the only grey zone measure applied in the EU in some leagues is the minimum of domestic players, which have to be on court every time.