Trash Can Thread: All Volleyball related discussions

• serdar

Hi! Sorry to keep dragging you into this... :lol: I just wanted to answer to your last message, but I figured I wasn't supposed to keep doing that in the Brazilian League thread.

I just wanted to make clear that when I said Thaísa is known for being outspoken, I wasn't refering to this latest thing with Zehra or the other cases when she put her foot in the mouth. I meant to say that overall the Brazilian volleyball community is used to her not really having a filter. Sometimes that's not a bad thing, when she's very candid about what's happening gamewise, etc. In this regard, people weve very excited during the Olympics, cause she did a great job doing commentary for TV. Sometimes it is bad though, like in Zehra's case, Defalco's case, etc.

I don't necessarily see eye to eye with everything you said, but regarding how inappropriate her remarks about looks were, we're definitely on the same page. And I think a lot of other people are, too, like Gabi, who I heard also scolded Thaísa.

In the end, like I said, many people were not that surprised because we sorta knew this was the type of thing Thaísa could say and this is just the way she handles her image. It obviously affects how fans around the world perceive her.

Unfortunately, at this point I'm definitely used to being disappointed when a player that I used to admire gets to speak his/her mind. (I've shared a bit of that sentiment in the Social/Political thread. :roll:)

Rant over!:thumbup:

• I am not sure if I have missed something, but I have to state neither of earned titles nor their appearance gives players the right to look down on other people’s look. I personally think Thaisa, as a prominent player in her position, as well as a role model for people in her profession to overcome difficulties no matter how serious they are as long as they put their mind to it, should know not to speak her mind when it is something simply bad.

That being said, as much as Thaisa’s words were awfully inappropriate, talking trash about Thaisa’s looks is worse, as one would be perceived as hypocrite for doing the same thing that he/she criticize in the first place.

• ilchebko didn't have an acl and it's playing in russian league really good?

• I believe this is the most appropriate thread to ask this question that I have. Is there a player who suffered ACL but still made it as top player afterwards? Male or female?

Jaqueline, OH from Brazil. Not only did she suffered with an ACL injury, but she also had a thrombosis in her arm (she almost had to cut it off). That was in the beginning of the 2000s, when she was just out of the U teams. She later managed to be one of the best OHs of her generation and one of the most important players in Brazil NT ever.

• I hope it will. I can’t belive it in which situation our idiot president of FIVB is putting volleyball players.

• I hope it will. I can’t belive it in which situation our idiot president of FIVB is putting volleyball players.

I am almost sure that Poland would withdraw the men's competition. Many people related to volleyball suggested that on social media.

• I read that they refuse to play on football World Cup against Russia, did not know about volleyball. I am starting to see the rising voices about this issue too.

I'm not sure where youre seeing this so called rising voices. There are several fans for example who said that Goncharova had blocked them either for @ing her or DMing her to use her voice to take a stance. Any voice that had something to say mainly Gamova is only at 5%.

Also as a football fan, it has more to do with ego and this was clearly an opportunity to do it with haste. Not a good comparison considering how small of a sport volleyball is.