Russia - Superliga 2018/2019

• It seems, that Kazan is out of contention in Russian Cup for this season, because they are only fifth in their pool, at least last season only the four best teams of each preliminary group proceeded to the main round: https://www.livescore.in/de/tabelle/baATepH3/6PRVPDe5/#table respective https://www.livescore.in/standings/baATepH3/6PRVPDe5/#table (English). Sending the juniors as often seen by Dynamo Kazan was not the greatest idea ever it seems... (the distance and time zone difference are huge, of course, but this is unlikely to be the desired result)

• Goncharova's situation is still not clear, she's not training 100% yet and is likely going to miss the start of the championship. There's even a possibility of having to undergo surgery, but she hopes she'll avoid it.

Dinamo Moscow had a press conference presenting their new players and one of the journalists attacked the coach for signing foreign players such as Ognjenović at the time the Russian NT is struggling so much. :roll: He responded that his job is to make Dinamo play well and that NT is not his responsibility.

• Kazan defeated Chelyabinsk today with 3-0, the same scoreline as when they played Zarechiye yesterday. Best scorer of the match was the 15-year old OPP Tatyana Kadochkina from "Gamova school" with 13 pts while her colleague Malygina killed 11 balls. Maryiuknich had 8, Koreleva 7, Pasynkova 5 and Mikiskova 4 pts while Bavykina and Kotikova primarily were put aside on the bench.

• Goncharova's situation is still not clear, she's not training 100% yet and is likely going to miss the start of the championship. There's even a possibility of having to undergo surgery, but she hopes she'll avoid it.

Dinamo Moscow had a press conference presenting their new players and one of the journalists attacked the coach for signing foreign players such as Ognjenović at the time the Russian NT is struggling so much. :roll: He responded that his job is to play Dinamo play well and that NT is not his responsibility.

Koroleva " I did not have enough help from the coach in the games". ....That is why they are struggling.

https://volleymob.com/i-did-no…ms-worst-ever-wch-finish/

And last season they had that 1000 years old coach and he kept Voronkova and Parutes on the bench while 30 years old Frolova started every game. That was the biggest joke of the summer...I said this before, They need Gamova as head coach....they need young blood.

And the only reason to watch the Russian Championship is because Maja is there....otherwise the Russian League is super "lame".

• Gamova as head coach with Goncharova as OPP in the team during OG would be fun and exciting to watch of course, not sure whether its a good idea on the other hand, though. Sokolova could be her assistant.

About Goncha there is some gossips (are they confirmed?) regarding that she has a new boyfriend, a basketball player with the name Pavel, playing for a team in a lower division in the league-system in Russia. Her sister Valeria also has a basketball-pro as a boyfriend and this Pasha-dude is a friend of that guy.

• I think, that Goncharova may be intimidating to many man due to her enormous height (1.96m), but she is a very pretty woman and earns about a million Euro per year as opposite in Moscow. So I'm sure, that there are men out there, who are interested in her :) . Regarding relationship of Gamova and Goncharova: I know not much about it, but should Gamova not learn a little bit more about coaching before taking a major volleyball enterprise like Moscow?

• I think, that Goncharova may be intimidating to many man due to her enormous height (1.96m), but she is a very pretty woman and earns about a million Euro per year as opposite in Moscow. So I'm sure, that there are men out there, who are interested in her :) . Regarding relationship of Gamova and Goncharova: I know not much about it, but should Gamova not learn a little bit more about coaching before taking a major volleyball enterprise like Moscow?

good money:thumbup:

Her height is most likely measured and listed with shoes on though, her real barefoot height might be closer to 191-192 cm, pretty sure of that. Still very tall of course. Most listings considering the height of players are slight exaggerations anyway.

• did she sign with them only to play Champions League? I hope so....the least she plays now...the better she will look in Tokyo.

I don't think that would be a very good idea. A setter needs to build a connection with her hitters and while this can of course be done in training sessions, that doesn't really come close to a real competitive match.

• She said she was going to play in Russian league, and how challenging all that travelling is going to be for her, which is why she rejected offers from Russian clubs in previous years.

Of course, you are flying nearly all the time, consider the distances like from Krasnodar to Sakhalin for example (it doesn't help a lot, that Kamchatka is only in Vishaya league...).

• The riddle regarding Russian Cup is solved:

Kaliningrad (the former Königsberg) hosts the final four on 13. and 14. December, this was the reason, why they didn't participate in the final pool stage as being already qualified as host

The three pools were won by the other three F4 participants Moscow (was tedious yesterday, won only in tie-break against Leningradka St.Petersburg), Kazan and Krasnoyarsk (Krasnodar the second best by far in that pool, but I suspect, that Karpol used again only B team of Ekaterinburg). The draw for the semis on 13. December is on 12. November. - Seen via twitter by an always useful Italian source :) .

• Kazan used almost every player they have this weekend (3 settters and 6 attackers). The 15-year old attacker looked good as OPP and also worked as OH (some problems in reception). And the third setter (probably a junior) looked really tall! Who is she? Good to see Pasynkova healthy, hope she stays that way.

Moscow on the other hand doesn't have many options outside the starting six. Team played much better with Ognjenovic on Saturday than Sunday. Shcherban had a lot of troubles in reception and Havelkova was not convincing in attack. The question will be when Goncharova and Krotkova can play again.