2020 Olympic Games - qualification

• Guys you don‘t have to wonder 3rd time in a row. We all know that CEV/FIVB works if you feed them with money.

Start wondering why all the big tournements are in China first before wondering why Turkey is hosting it for the 3rd time.

I think you meant Japan!

But it's true that some Asian nations (Japan, China, also Thailand) have the money, size of economies, as well as enthusiastic fans, and they are willing to spend big money to host those FIVB tournaments. But of course other NOC or Confederation may bid to host some international events. So really no complaint in this regard. Money and willingness do the heavy talks!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Well considering Pol hosted the Olympic qualification and Netherlands WCh, I don't think it is unfair to let Turkey host ECh:whistle:

• just woke up from my latest hibernation and shocker!!! Ary Graça is still alive and at helm of FIVB at the incredible age of 170 (all the money from the IOQT surely helps as a modern and endless source of permanent youth)! which means VNL is still a thing, the core teams are still the same, China is still hosting the finals (now held at the Lang Ping Memorial Arena in Ningbo) and the USA just celebrated their 50th consecutive title. unfortunately the WGP is still held as the main source of points for the ranking purely out of nostalgia, so fuck all y'all europeans

😂

• Poland hosted this qualification tournament only because nobody wanted to do this.

And IMO hosting each world volleyball tournament by European country is beneficial for all European countries. Thanks to WCH 2022 there will be more European teams participating and there are not long flights with time zone change. I would like any European country to host all tournaments hosted by Japan these times.

And continental (European) hosting is a bit different story.

• just woke up from my latest hibernation and shocker!!! Ary Graça is still alive and at helm of FIVB at the incredible age of 170 (all the money from the IOQT surely helps as a modern and endless source of permanent youth)! which means VNL is still a thing, the core teams are still the same, China is still hosting the finals (now held at the Lang Ping Memorial Arena in Ningbo) and the USA just celebrated their 50th consecutive title. unfortunately the WGP is still held as the main source of points for the ranking purely out of nostalgia, so fuck all y'all europeans

and the US has still not won the olympics... and crovolley will still be asking when hooker is coming back...

• It's strange that Azerbaijan is still out of top 10 when they were 4th at the last ECh and also played at WCh. I guess it's down to not playing the GP/EL '17 and hopefully it will be fixed in the new rankings.

yes but they only won 4th playing at home. the problem with AZE is, they have good players, but bad coaches and you never know which players are going to appear... but yes, they should be in the top 8-10 teams in europe.

• I just wish it was a World Qualification.

Argentina, Colombia, D. Republic, Puerto Rico, Kenya, Germany, Netherlands,Turkey,Thailand,South Korea. With the top 5 qualifying.

Of course I would wish Poland instead of Germany, and I'm not sure who's ranked higher P. Rico or Canada.

i guess you're ok with no african teams at the olympics?????

• QPL your PUR girls are not that bad at all

PUR is depleted right now, unfortunately, they only sent 12 players to IOQT... and long gone are the days, as in past GPs, when they regularly beat POL, BUL, GER and CZE... i remember a GP match years ago against CZE, when oquendo had a field day, she kept killing the ball over and over from the middle, she was hardly the world's best MB, and yet the CZE couldn't stop her.

• i guess you're ok with no african teams at the olympics?????

Well, if the continental qualifications are done before world qualifications, then we will have one African team for sure but the rest of slots would be allocated in a more fair way

• Well, if the continental qualifications are done before world qualifications, then we will have one African team for sure but the rest of slots would be allocated in a more fair way

Of course its olympic qualifier before the continental championship. U only hope for the schedules to be switched since turkey did not qualify. Its not the fault of other teams being in a location where teams are generally not competitive enough. u may encourage turkish players to prepare and beat other top teMs for the europe champ at your very best but not this kind of lowly tactic ha ha ha

• Of course its olympic qualifier before the continental championship. U only hope for the schedules to be switched since turkey did not qualify. Its not the fault of other teams being in a location where teams are generally not competitive enough. u may encourage turkish players to prepare and beat other top teMs for the europe champ at your very best but not this kind of lowly tactic ha ha ha

You know I also think it would make more sense. Because right know continental championship are useless a bit. The pressure and matches would be so much better there with Olympics place possible to get. And then, when you have e.g. Serbia, Brazil, USA, China and Africa team qualified from continental championship which is basically the same we have now except Russia. And now we would have intercontinental qualification. which could be much more exciting - because now it would only be exciting in Europe I guess..

But I think the case is FIVB doesn't want to give CEV valid competition :D

• If this weird camera angle is ok for you guys, here some replay links:

TUR x CHN

KAZ x ARG

BUL x USA

I love this angle but for matches which i already watched or for replays of the good points. From this angle you can better see for exemple how much the setter ball was high, long....also i love this angle because you can see where the ball went through the block, block setting.....I think(but i am not sure) that movies which players watching whem they prepare the playing strategy they watch from this angle. For surely scout seat behind service line.

• i guess you're ok with no african teams at the olympics?????

If they are not on high level as other teams, what is point of having them ?

• I recommend you have a look at the symbol of the Olympic games :olympia:

I thought the symbol meant "East Europe", "West Europe", "Central Europe", "North Europe" and "South Europe"...

• I think the problem about OQ is very clear.

Brazil was host for 2016 and Argentina was in.

This time qualification system was changed to favor non-europeans(Hi Ary Graca)...We need 1 African, 1 South American, 1 North American, 1 European, 1 Asian team and it doesn't matter that where are the rest of the teams coming from.

Argentina will play in olympic second time in a row and one of Netherlands/Turkey(Polond) will be out? It's not fair. Brazil is enough from South America. (If we look into olympic symbol, there is just one cycle for America. But it's logical to divide it North and South).

Argentina got a lots of point cause of Rio and it effected this year's qualification as well.

Let's talk about LA'28 with current system...2 of Canada/DR/PR and Argentina might be in there. It's not logical.