2019 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League

• Germany started the third set like, 35-0, and now find themselves 23-23 :white:

• wow. Belgium takes the set. I hand it to Germany though, they make the best errors :rolll:

• Drewniok is so error prone!:aww:

• Orthmann had 10 points in first set, midway in the fourth she just made her 17th point. I guess that's the way she goes

• Belgium gets deep in a hole and then claws their way out. Kudos. 10-18, let's see if they dig out of this one. Not just the top teams get to use VNL to give their bench experience.

• 100km/hour Orthmann Ace :!:

• Germany 2–0 at home this week :thumbup:

• Somebody needs to work on Thailand's serves. Too weak, and everybody's serve is pretty much the same.:gone:

Agreed. They aren't tall enough to provide good blocking, so services would greatly help if their serves were stronger from the line to put pressure. Once upon a time, there were 4 strong jump servers from the THA golden girls, but now all except Onuma still does jump serves( she barely does it now since post surgery). The recent game vs BRA, was the first time she has done any jump service this VNL. How I wish the younger girls would learn jump services or stronger floaters that travels faster.

• For Lin Li's performance drop, PMS. Understandable.

• Egonu fainted at the end of the match. I guess too hot in PalaBarton.

I thought you're joking when said that, until I saw the clip she's carried away by the medical team =O

I guess that's what will happen if a match is hosted indoor in summer with no air conditioning! Terrible.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Yikes =O

• I don't understand what some of the FIVB stats tell us. Specifically, the setter stats seem to only tell us who made the most sets/set, and the digs only digs/set. So they are about quantity not quality? Not too interesting.

The reception stats are confusing because they appear to be about half as good as what I'm used to seeing. The best receiver has an efficiency of 31%? Usually good receptions stats are in the 60-70% range. What am I missing?

• Watching THAXBRA replay now. Nootsara's style is a thing of beauty, so nice to see :obey:

• I don't understand what some of the FIVB stats tell us. Specifically, the setter stats seem to only tell us who made the most sets/set, and the digs only digs/set. So they are about quantity not quality? Not too interesting.

The reception stats are confusing because they appear to be about half as good as what I'm used to seeing. The best receiver has an efficiency of 31%? Usually good receptions stats are in the 60-70% range. What am I missing?

With Setting stats, the running sets stat is if you can get a player one-on-one, while a standing set has 2 blockers. The average there is only for running.

The reception stats are (excellent-errors)/attempts to get the percentage.

Digs are only used not dig receptions. I usually lump them together because it makes more sense. Either way you kept the ball in play.

• With Setting stats, the running sets stat is if you can get a player one-on-one, while a standing set has 2 blockers. The average there is only for running.

The reception stats are (excellent-errors)/attempts to get the percentage.

Digs are only used not dig receptions. I usually lump them together because it makes more sense. Either way you kept the ball in play.

Thanks. I thought "running sets" were like, ya know, the setter was on the run to get the pass, and standing sets were when she got a good pass--so the stats seemed more suited to reception/passing quality. Interesting stats now that I know what they are :thumbup:

Still don't get why the reception % is so low compared to what we see in the V.League, tho :/

• Thanks. I thought "running sets" were like, ya know, the setter was on the run to get the pass, and standing sets were when she got a good pass--so the stats seemed more suited to reception/passing quality. Interesting stats now that I know what they are :thumbup:

Still don't get why the reception % is so low compared to what we see in the V.League, tho :/

Excellent reception means very good reception, setter can run all spikers and play tips/dump if he/she is in front row.

Reception can be good but not sufficient excellent standard.

This is Data Volley's definition:BbPHUaD.png