2022 FIVB World Championship - POL/SLO

• Keep in mind that situation is very specific. FIVB had to find already verified host who can keep WCH at decent level of organization having only ~5 month to prepare it.

if people are complaining that the same country could host in a chaos year, it just is ridiculous. You don’t have tons of options on short notice.

Let alone FIVB has to rebrand logos, websites. They are going to aim towards those places that have done this before with good infrastructure built in. Oh hey World Champs from 2014 and 2018, yes please from FIVB is a quick answer.

• I rememer Bulgaria was co-host with Italy and now Slovenia is also co-host !

https://www.fivb.com/en/about/…t-relocated-fivb?id=96851

In a clear demonstration of European solidarity, there is also the potential for one or several more European nations to join Poland and Slovenia in hosting the event, and these will be announced accordingly at a later stage.

• Keep in mind that situation is very specific. FIVB had to find already verified host who can keep WCH at decent level of organization having only ~5 month to prepare it

Yeah, but let's be clear: are we really supposed to believe that Serbia, Qatar or Turkey, who hosted LOTS of international basketball, Handball or even volleyball tournaments were not up to the task? Serbia just hosted the womens eurovolley past year. Turkey did so three years ago, and they also hosted the basketball world Championship, which require even bigger and better stadiums . And, most importantly, they applied by themselves, so clearly they wanted to host this world Championship. This is just FIVB's stupid "conservatism" again.

And my problem isn't even with this specific case. My problem is that FIVB keeps awarding the major tournaments to the same group of 3-4 selected countries again, and again, and again, be it the World Championship, the Volleyball Nations League finals, the Club World championship. Whenever FIVB organizes something, you can be fairly sure that either Poland, Italy or Japan (and to a lesser extent Brazil) will be selected at least as a co-host.

This just is not very good for the sport, and as the Eurovolley clearly tells us, there is a lot of potential for organizing big events in "smaller" countries, like France, Finland, Romania, or the Netherlands.

• FIVB changes the format again.

So host directly places as number 1 in this tournament too

• What? So, Poland and Slovenia will be #1 & #2 seeds no matter what, even if they finish 2nd place in their pools? This is outrageous.

If they finish 2nd in the pool they should be 7th seed at best.

• how come they are going to sort teams ? what's their first criteria ? rank in the group or just the number of wins (and later points) ?

• This is Men's WCH 2010 all over again in terms of formula's stupidity - I know that due to host change, the formula has changed as well because the number of games scheduled has decreased, but I can't believe that they couldn't have introduced anything better than that. And even though Poland will take advantage of #1/#2 seeding, I suppose, this is another chapter in a book titled 'Why FIVB can't be treated seriously'.

rank in the group or just the number of wins (and later points) ?

I guess.

• My guessing:

No. of Match WINs
    No. of Set Wins

No. of Points Wins

Dut to only 3 matches played in Pool stage, so every point is important.

I know that's the criteria in normal group stages.

my question is if for example France finishes 1st in its group with 2 wins and 6 points

but Brazil finishes 2nd with 2 wins and 7points who is going to rank higher ? Brazil because of having more points or France for winning the group?

(I assume that would be France)

• I know that's the criteria in normal group stages.

my question is if for example France finishes 1st in its group with 2 wins and 6 points

but Brazil finishes 2nd with 2 wins and 7points who is going to rank higher ? Brazil because of having more points or France for winning the group?

(I assume that would be France)

Good question, but I think Brazil would end up higher than France in that case.

All results as per the Teams Ranking System are carried over to the Direct Elimination Phase.

What a mess.

• this is going to be simple with the rankings.

1. group winners

2. 2nd place

3. Best 3rd place teams

After group finish, the move into the breakdown

1. Wins

2. Points

3. Sets ratio

4. Points ratio

so seeding will be as best as possible (with both Poland and Slovenia making it through to knockout round in this example).

1. best host record

2. 2nd best host record

3-8 group winners (if hosts don’t win group)

9-14 2nd place (if hosts are not 2nd)

15-16 3rd place (with hosts at least in 3rd place)