2019 / 2020 Transfer Rumors & Discussion (Female)

• First of all I'm not against nudity or anything (on women) however I agree with y'all that this is very distasteful, it is not right to pick that photo to announce a transfer.... Like what? Not related at all esp. if she also said she regrets it, that makes this gross...

There is more to women then their breasts, thats why I'm against (over)sexualizing sports in general. Selling sex a little, esp. in personal life I see no problem with, the guys do it too! However there is a place where we should draw a line and that is indeed right here. When we sexualize transfer news lol

Hope the people from volleyball.it stop doing such things.

• First of all I'm not against nudity or anything (on women) however I agree with y'all that this is very distasteful, it is not right to pick that photo to announce a transfer.... Like what? Not related at all esp. if she also said she regrets it, that makes this gross...

There is more to women then their breasts, thats why I'm against (over)sexualizing sports in general. Selling sex a little, esp. in personal life I see no problem with, the guys do it too! However there is a place where we should draw a line and that is indeed right here. When we sexualize transfer news lol

Hope the people from volleyball.it stop doing such things.

Sums it up quite nicely. It’s normal to be attracted to people of course and there’s nothing wrong with that but she’s going to Italy to play volleyball because she’s a good volleyball player, not for the viewing pleasure of the public.

It’s a shame that she regrets it, I don’t know what she said but I imagine it could be for this very reason. Some people now will forever see her as “the Playboy girl” rather than appreciating her as the very good player she is.

• Sums it up quite nicely. It’s normal to be attracted to people of course and there’s nothing wrong with that but she’s going to Italy to play volleyball because she’s a good volleyball player, not for the viewing pleasure of the public.

It’s a shame that she regrets it, I don’t know what she said but I imagine it could be for this very reason. Some people now will forever see her as “the Playboy girl” rather than appreciating her as the very good player she is.

To be honest, I don't see the problem. She KNEW that she will be the playboy girl for many people once she wanted to do this photoshoot. I would be also agreeing with you guys if this was a photo taken from a hidden camera. But a photo taken for Playboy with her full consent is a public material and will maybe mentioned in such websites

• To be honest, I don't see the problem. She KNEW that she will be the playboy girl for many people once she wanted to do this photoshoot. I would be also agreeing with you guys if this was a photo taken from a hidden camera. But a photo taken for Playboy with her full consent is a public material and will maybe mentioned in such websites

Sure, that's fair use. The pics can indeed be used for whatever, I suppose even without her consent. But why use those pics in an article talking about her transfer? It's objectifying and honestly quite sexist, not to mention very poor journalism. It should be about volleyball and her qualities as a player. It's not the photoshoot or the fact that she's nude that's the problem, it's how and when those pictures are used. It's basically using something really old to sell her for the sex alone when all is needed is to talk about her as a player. I think there's a place for everything and doing this in this situation was uncalled for. I don't expect the website to know Mari is not comfortable with those pictures, but they should've thought twice regardless.

• To be honest, I don't see the problem. She KNEW that she will be the playboy girl for many people once she wanted to do this photoshoot. I would be also agreeing with you guys if this was a photo taken from a hidden camera. But a photo taken for Playboy with her full consent is a public material and will maybe mentioned in such websites

I don’t care if people look at the photos or talk about them or whatever. That’s fine. It just seems a bit silly that this is the way that a volleyball website reports a volleyball transfer. Would it be the same thing if a male player had done this type of photo shoot?

• I know there are people from volleyball.it here and I won't call any names, but yo, what's up with using semi-nude pics of Mari Paraíba from her Playboy shoot years ago to talk about her transfer to Monza? That's really distasteful and lame. https://www.volleyball.it/monz…ue-mari-paraiba-e-danesi/

But thanks for the link :rolll:

• Some people now will forever see her as “the Playboy girl” rather than appreciating her as the very good player she is.

I'm not sure how Playboy is doing these days in Brazil anymore. Things might have changed.

But back in the day (when Mari did) Playboy has been a huge thing. They only had on the cover big celebrities including singers, actress and so on.

The women used to get paid a lot of 💰 but they would do it also because it was a huge honor and exposure to be on the cover.

I wish Sheila, Jaque, Thaisa or Fabiana would have done it. I'm not sure if they were ever asked to do it. But in the past Playboy has invited players like Virna, Ana Paula, Leila.

I'm gay but I used to love Playboy.

• I’m not saying it’s a bad thing that she was in Playboy and I’m sure there were possibly lots of benefits for her from doing that. I have no problem with naked photoshoots at all.

I’m just saying that once you take off your clothes for a camera (especially women) then that can be viewed almost as a defining characteristic by some people. Instead of being seen as an athlete and a human being she is “the hot girl that likes to get naked.” She got her photo taken once many years ago. Big deal. But she has played hundreds of professional volleyball matches since then, that is what she should be known for so why not make that the focus? Because sex sells of course.

• It’s even more ridiculous because 1) the interview doesn’t even mention this photo shoot; 2) Mari already said she regret doing it; 3) and, most importantly, it is a pity that we can’t attain to Mari’s qualities as a player. I hate this fucked up society where we ALWAYS have to sexualize women’s bodies.

Shame.

There is nothing to be regret about.

• Interesting choice that they chose to play abroad during the Olympic year, esp considering the fact that Turkish league is kinda long. Have any Brazilian players do this before?

Actually, a whole start seven played abroad in 2007/2008 before Beijing excluding Paula, Fabi and Fabiana. Jaque, Fofao and Walewska played for Group Murcia 2002, on the other hand Mari and Sheilla played for Scavolini.

• Lol I have no clue what this is turning into but its making less and less sense to me. I can't believe this is so hard to explain to people :rolll:

Horny can be translated as "excited" or "looking forward to" Source

• Francesca Piccinini was special guest of Dancing with the stars yesterday, not tonight. I'm sorry, the first news said it was tonight.

https://video.repubblica.it/sp…-del-volley/335475/336074

Here you can see our Queen dancing salsa. :heart:

https://www.raiplay.it/video/2…79-b167-3f5c1e61e1b3.html

This is the full episode. Milly Carlucci introduced her saying she won 7 Champions League titles. It's harder and harder to keep the count of her palmarès. :lol: She said something about some Italy cups and championship titles and mentioned the world championship title of 2002. She was introduced as the QUEEN OF VOLLEYBALL. They tried to have her in the show for about 5 years, but she was busy playing volleyball. She was also officially invited to join the cast for the next edition as contestant if she retires from volleyball. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

• Derya Çebecioğlu, Tuğba Şenoğlu, Buket Gülübay and libero Ayça Aykaç

On loan from VakıfBank ---> to newcomers of VVSL Yeşilyurt SK