2022 FIVB Women's World Championships - Netherlands and Poland

• I don't want to talk about losing on purpose, but IMO there is no doubt that winning wasn't Karch's priority today and he didn't try very hard.

I agree... I just hope he doesn't regret it later

• I wasn't able to follow the game that much but USA only has 1 block (if the stats page is accurate)? What happened?

Tapp.

Edit: I'm a bit meanie to her, sorry:lol:

• Boskovic plays on a galactic level :flower:

• i agree, he was very calm for the entire match

because they lose nothing as of now

but to be honest it may happen any team loses some points in second phase and being second/third team means they can play Turkey which is not the nicest QF ever

and i think today Turkey will peak against Poland like they usually do out of nowhere

• Probably with this biased formar IMO USA Will Face Serbia in Semi. Karch was right. Being First means nothing. In pool B there aré a Lot of good teams but there is no one tô avoid. No advantage in QF imo. The teams até really equal in pool B.

In semis ( probably) Serbia onde again... No matter what!

In fact with Servia going with five Wins they Will most probably bê n°1. Even If Serbia makes some mistakes a long the way ( vs Bulgaria). Só USA Will only face Servia in Semis.

The format isnt Fair. Bate the fact that we Will Get in semis and QFs repear duels.

Karch Just rested the team and give court time tô his bench players.

• because they lose nothing as of now

but to be honest it may happen any team loses some points in second phase and being second/third team means they can play Turkey which is not the nicest QF ever

and i think today Turkey will peak against Poland like they usually do out of nowhere

Depends if Turkey wins against Poland.

• Right now here is the look for Pool E (A&D) and Pool F (B&C) standing to begin the second round

Pool E

ITA 4-0, 12 PTS (can get to 5-0, 15 PTS), 12-1 SETS (can get to 15-1)

CHN 4-1, 12, 13-3

BRA 4-1, 12, 13-5

NED 3-1, 9 (can get to 4-1, 12 PTS), 10-4 (can get to 13-4)

BEL 3-1, 9 (can get to 4-1, 12 PTS), 10-4 (can get to 13-4)

JPN 3-1, 9 (can get to 4-1, 12 PTS), 9-4 (can get to 12-4)

PUR 2-3, 6, 7-10

ARG 2-2, 5, (can get to 3-2, 8 PTS), 6-9 (can get to 9-9)

Netherlands really needs to beat Italy because they will probably lose to China, Brazil and possibly Japan.

Belgium with the win against Cameroon will put them at 4-1 and just ahead of Japan on sets ratio if Japan also sweeps against Argentina. Belgium probably needs 2-3 wins to advance, I don't know if they'll get them.

Italy with a win against Netherlands would be perfect and only need 2 wins to go through as basically they'll have the sets ratio tiebreaker against the teams below them.

Pool F

SRB 5-0, 14 PTS, 15-2 SETS

USA 4-1, 12, 12-4

THA 4-1, 10, 12-7

DOM 3-2, 12, 13-7

POL 3-1, 9 (can get to 4-1, 12 PTS), 10-4 (can get to 13-4)

TUR 3-1, 9 (can get to 4-1, 12 PTS), 11-5 (can get to 14-5)

CAN 3-2, 8, 9-9

GER 2-3, 7, 8-10

Serbia with two wins would put them through to the quarterfinals. USA is going to have a huge sets ratio tiebreaker advantage over the Pool B teams. USA would probably beat at least 3 of the teams from Pool B, which would put them into the quarter finals.

• Tapp was awful. Poulter/Annie/cuttino arent good blockers. Bajema got tooled like crazy.

Chi didnt play.

I dont know why Carlini was never tried, other than Karch didnt care.

Poulter was absent in some marches if im not mistaken. Court time for Poulter