Brazilian NT 2019

• Setter will probably be Roberta? Or someone from the U20 team if Zé is feeling cheeky, perhaps the girl he's training in Barueri. What's her name again? The one that always came in to serve. Jacke?

I wouldn't be surprised if the other OH is Amanda lol

I guess Amanda will stay in the main team, since the Olympics qualifying will be held during the same week.

As for the setters, Roberta will also be in the main team. I think Zé would probably call Claudinha but I'm not sure either if she wants to join or if she is 100% healthy after her surgery.

Oh saishuu, we've discussed so many times about the two tournaments happening in the same week. You forgot once again :dance6:

• I think this is a possibility. Maybe Ze will invite Jacke (from Barueri) as a backup setter since I don't think Claudinha is ready to play yet. There's also Lyara (she was in the broader roster for the VNL). I don't think Sheilla is ready too, she is super skinny and she has already said she needs to gain way more weight in order to compete. But since Tandara is coming back, I think Lorenne will be there for sure. I just can see Tainara playing the Pan Am if Ze invites Drussyla back. Otherwise, which OH would join the team for the Qualifier? Is Drussyla ready to play again with the NT? Maybe Michelle, Rosamaria or Edinara will be invited (they were also in the list for the VNL).

About Fabiana, I think she can make it to the Qualifier roster, maybe replacing Mayany. Then, Mayany could join the list for the Pan Am Games. We know Ze is crazy about Fabiana, and to be really honest, I think she can contribute with her leadership outside the court even though she doesn't have enough playing time.

• I think this is a possibility. Maybe Ze will invite Jacke (from Barueri) as a backup setter since I don't think Claudinha is ready to play yet. There's also Lyara (she was in the broader roster for the VNL). I don't think Sheilla is ready too, she is super skinny and she has already said she needs to gain way more weight in order to compete. But since Tandara is coming back, I think Lorenne will be there for sure. I just can see Tainara playing the Pan Am if Ze invites Drussyla back. Otherwise, which OH would join the team for the Qualifier? Is Drussyla ready to play again with the NT? Maybe Michelle, Rosamaria or Edinara will be invited (they were also in the list for the VNL).

About Fabiana, I think she can make it to the Qualifier roster, maybe replacing Mayany. Then, Mayany could join the list for the Pan Am Games. We know Ze is crazy about Fabiana, and to be really honest, I think she can contribute with her leadership outside the court even though she doesn't have enough playing time.

I'm mad about Fabiana and Sheilla coming back but I know how important they can be. Sheilla will be backup to Tandara and Fabiana might play fulltime.

Yes, I forgot that Tainara is the 4th OH right now, so maybe she will be kept in the main team and Edinara or Rosamaria will play the Pan Am Games. Let's see

• Honestly , there’s no need for them ( Sheila & Fabiana ) to come back. If those rumors are to be true , it shows how desperate and eager Brazil’s coaching staff is about being in the podium no matter what. Unfortunately they’re simply thinking about how to patch Brazil’s generational gap with the return of Sheila and Fabiana , but not thinking about the health of the program at the long run.

• While bia is such a monster at blocking, while people are still asking for Fabiana?:white:

• Honestly , there’s no need for them ( Sheila & Fabiana ) to come back. If those rumors are to be true , it shows how desperate and eager Brazil’s coaching staff is about being in the podium no matter what. Unfortunately they’re simply thinking about how to patch Brazil’s generational gap with the return of Sheila and Fabiana , but not thinking about the health of the program at the long run.

They are not rumors. They are already practicing for days now.

• roberta and amanda should go, to get more practices

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...

• What kinda of injury Natalia suffered? or is it just her knee again?

Anyways, I feel terrible for her and I wish she can get to Tokyo health. But at this rate is hard to believe she will ever be 100% again.... She was just dealing with injuries for the past 2 season, so what`s the point for her to play a worthless tournament like VNL? There`s nothing on the line, Brazil already won 20 times, Nataia makes plenty of money and winning VNL is not a big deal for her.

Will she recover in time for the OG Qualifier? And if she does I bet she will be at the World Cup (another worthless tournament). Will she arrive in Turkey healthy and ready to play?....If I were Vitra`s management I would tell Natalia-her manager-Ze Roberto that if she shows up in Turkey injured like she did last time I would break her contract and let her go.... I bet she will show up dealing with injuries and only able to play 1 or 2 sets per game.

• I bet she will show up dealing with injuries and only able to play 1 or 2 sets per game.

Vitra destroyed Thaisa even she having a really bad injury, so I think they will overuse Natalia even if she has no legs

What kinda of injury Natalia suffered? or is it just her knee again?

It was her left calf, but we don't know how bad yet.

• What happened last night was alarming. With Natalia out, Brazil lost tehir main fire power. However, the other attackers should not stop playing well. Lorenne went ghost completely.

However, knowing that we still have Drussyla as back up kinda ease things up for a bit. And instead of Amanda, I will focus on Tainara. Amanda is the new Sassa imo. Instead of focusing on her and wasting the OH spot, it is better to train the second libero to be serving sub like Brazil used to do with Camila. Gabi, Natalia, and Drussyla are strong line up of OHs and if Garay decideds to come back, it will be a grueling foursome.

Macris & Roberta should stay as starter from now on. No more Dani Lins.

• I have a bad feeling about Ana Carolina da Silva. She only made damages in this Final 6 :D She might not be in her best shape but this was an important opportunity to convince Ze Roberto to take her in Tokyo

I don't think so. She has a lot of credits with the staff and she joining only in Final 6 is a great example of how well-regarded she is right now. It was really alarming indeed her shape, her volleyball was nowhere to be found, but i think her spot is pretty safe tbh.